My babe is earthside!! Our homebirth Birth Story :) *Updated* Pics and her name!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-24-2008, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Update!! Our babe is named....

Aya Saré :

Aya (sound like papaya ) meaning in Swahili: an angel bringing joy. Saré (suh-ray): princess in Hebrew.

I'm so happy and elated! Our 5th babe is here and doing well Here is our story....w/ pics to come soon, I promise

I woke up around 7am on December 22 with a small contraction. I figured it was the usual I had in the morning and went to the bathroom. Dd came walking in while I was in there and I realized I had woken up to bloody show! She got very excited and we ran down to tell daddy that babe was coming...Today! Our 3 boys were at my MIL's house so I was very nervous that they would miss her birth and I insisted he call her right then to get them home! He did and I had contractions coming every 5 mins only lasting about 30 seconds and not very painful at all. So...like I said we would we began to clean the house like mad to get ready for the mw and assistant who would obviously be showing up today. Dp called in to work and got busy turning into Mr.Clean

I ate some breakfast and took my probiotic so it would have time to help in case I need abx for the gbs. We were waiting on the results to come in from the retest and had been using natural remedies to get a negative result. I had kept my babe in using Jedi mind tricks for the past week and would NOT have her until those results came back and until after the awful snow storm we had all weekend. So far, so good!

After eating contractions slowed down big time. So I took a rest and dp went to the store w/ dd. MIL showed up w/ our boys who were WILD and she took off (thanks for the help, huh?!) So I ate lunch and slowed down contractions even more and took a nap. Got a few calls from family and around 3-4 pm my mw called and said the gbs was negative!!! I was so relieved and then labor went into full force. It was amazing! She had me check myself and I could feel the head but no cervix. Finally around 5:30pm I was getting pretty uncomfortable and checked myself again and felt very thin cervix and the head right there! I called mw and told her they were coming very fast and long and very hard...come now! She said she was on her way.

While having contractions I was so free to do what I needed to get through them. I layed on my side in my bed, on all fours in my bed, rocked in a chair, on an ottoman, leaned on the wall, sat on the pot and my fav (that I got from a labor book I read while in labor!) was putting one foot on the toilet and holding the bathroom sink/counter and shaking/bending my legs during waves. I had slight back labor and used a towel i put on the radiator to help as well. I labored alone upstairs and sometimes had a kid or two peek in and ask what I was doing I made a birth playlist in the morning and had the computer playing songs while doing my thing. I did a lot of moaning and low deep sounds and making the "ohhh" to help open my cervix. I tried to remember to stay calm and relax and not tense up...and feel the pain and not fight it. I did a few methods from books I read...like breathing in my life vase and filling it up and letting all the negative and pain energy out while exhaleing. I found breathing in during waves and thinking of all the mamas who are doing this now and have done this past, present, and future empowered me to keep it up and stay calm. And of course thinking of holding my babe helped and that soon this would be over and so worth it helped a lot!

So we had trouble w/ the pool. It was a chilly day in New england and our pool would not.heat.up. So I finally said I don't care, I'm getting in and dp said the temp was about 80 degrees. Fine with me..it's good enough for the waters of Hawaii...it's good enough for me So in I went and it helped so much with the pain. It took a lot of pressure off of my pelvis but the minute I got in I felt the need to push. Dp called the mw back to see where she was (this was 6pmish) and she was near our exit. She arrived shortly after and set up. She helped me get the kids out of the room and dp took them out so I could have some calm time to get checked. I was very worried that she would say I need some more time to labor but when she checked I was complete and head was -2. She said I can push when I want and I got on all fours and did one huge primal deep push and out came her head. Mw checked for cord and all was well and with another push out came her body into the water. Mw helped me catch her and up she came to see her mama for the first time ever She was born peacefully into loving hands in my room, in the water, with white christmas lights surrounding her and while The Killers song "Human" was playing. It was everything I hoped for our 1st homebirth and more! It was amazing and magical and so worth it. She opened her eyes and saw her family surrounding her rejoicing in her arrival. Her brothers (ages 7, 5, 4) and sister (age 2.5) were in awe to see their newest sibling arrive into this world, in their home and in front of them in a safe and loving and gentle world.

After her cord stopped pulsating big brother, Taj (4), cut her cord and I delivered the placenta. We are both doing well and I felt great after the birth! Easy to walk and do what I needed and slightly sore but nothing major. Things went wonderfully and she is nursing like an old pro! Very strong nurser and going through tons of cloth dipes already. We are all so in love with our newest baby girl and are so happy that we are all here together to celebrate Christmas as a family of 7!

Babe has yet to have a full name..but I'll update w/ it and pics soon!
9.5lbs
20inches
born in the water at 6:24pm
December 22, 2008

:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2008, 12:56 PM

hooray !!!

:

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
Old 12-24-2008, 01:07 PM

Congrats!!! Enjoy your new little one!

Happily married to my sweet DH with two precious girls (12/08) and (8/10) and a crazy puppy dog. Expecting blessing #3 around 12/10.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:19 PM

I'm so happy for you! You had a bit of stress there at the end, but so glad that ultimately everything worked out wonderfully and you got the birth that you wanted. Can't wait to see pictures (you're reminding me I haven't posted any to my birth thread yet....woops! )!

Rest up and enjoy your babymoon! You'll have to tell me how different life is with 5 around (vs. 4). DH and I are positively glowing after this little one was born, and I'm sure you feel the same.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

Old 12-24-2008, 01:28 PM

Congratulations Lemon Juice. I was waiting to hear! So glad you were able to stay at home and your gbs was -. Best wishes for a quick recovery and have a wonderful baby moon!
Old 12-24-2008, 01:46 PM

Congratulations! :
Old 12-24-2008, 01:58 PM

Yeah - congrats on the gbs negative. Your body knew what it was doing waiting for that news. Enjoy - can't wait for pics.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:25 PM

Yay! :

Congratulations! I'm so happy that things turned out just the way you wanted them. Hope you are getting some rest and enjoying your new baby. Way to go! new little baby!

DS 7 ~ DS 3

Old 12-24-2008, 04:18 PM

What a lovely birth! Congratulations on your baby girl.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:19 PM

Congrats! I'm so glad your GBS test came back neg!!
Old 12-24-2008, 04:39 PM

Congrats!!
Old 12-24-2008, 04:54 PM

Congrats!

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
Old 12-24-2008, 05:10 PM

Yay Lemon Juice!! I am so happy for you!

NICOLE | Natural livin', co-sleepin', mostly vegan, work at home mama to N (7) and L (2)
Old 12-24-2008, 05:18 PM

What an awesome story!! Congrats!! I'm so happy things went well for you!! I've been looking forward to hearing about your birth!

~*Candice*~
Wife, Doula and SAHM to six and expecting a new addition July 2012!namaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifh20homebirth.gif

Old 12-24-2008, 06:31 PM

congrats on your beautiful homebirth!!
Old 12-25-2008, 08:20 PM

Yay yay yay! I'm so thrilled for you!!!! :::

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:12 PM

Congratulations!

Talkative, AP SAHMama to my bright and spirited girls Lilly 10-15-06, Naomi 1-1-09 vbac.gif and Katarina 11-16-11 vbac.gif

blogging.jpgMusing Mommy
Old 12-26-2008, 03:29 PM

: Congrats! Enjoy!

Mama to two kiddos on the go!
Old 12-31-2008, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, mamas!!

I updated the original post w/ pics and her name!

I also forgot to mention in my story that I wore my birth beads the entire time I was in labor and during delivery. They were so special to me and I really felt all the positive birth vibes they were filled with during my labor. They gave me strength and I felt so connected w/ you all b/c of them! I really love this ddc and I'm so glad I participated in the swap Thanks to all of you who sent them and I hope yours helped you as well. I love my birth bead necklace! (you can see it in the pics after the birth )
Old 12-31-2008, 09:04 PM

Oh she's beautiful mama! Thank you for sharing.

DS 7 ~ DS 3

Old 12-31-2008, 10:07 PM

I love her name and being able to see the pics. You have a beautiful family! Congrats!

DS1 2-17-07 DS2 1-1-09
mdcblog5.gif
Old 01-01-2009, 01:06 PM

That's a very sweet name I love the pictures, too--thanks for sharing!

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:07 PM

I haven't been online forever - loved reading your birth story!!!! Wishing you a belated babymoon - sounds like you are doing well :
Old 01-02-2009, 10:00 PM

Congrats! : Enjoy your babymoon!

sleeping.gifMama to DD dust.gif(12.2005), DS1 sleepytime.gif (01.2009), DS2 babyboy.gif (04.28.2013) with DH heartbeat.gif04.10.13!!heartbeat.gif namaste.gif

User Tag List