Who is left?!?!?!? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 60 Old 12-26-2008, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm still waiting too.. will be 41 weeks tomorrow. I had an internal at my appointment on Tuesday and I was 1 cm and 50% effaced, haven't felt much all week so I wouldn't be surprised if I have to wait another week or so
#32 of 60 Old 12-26-2008, 09:26 PM

still here :

No signs that this little man is EVER coming out ! I was given 2 dates one of which is tomorrow, but I've never made it to my due date. With this being #4, I'm not sure why he's not here. I'm guessing it's because he's posterior ? I was on bedrest for 2 mos and now that he can come, he just won't and I'm soooooo D-O-N-E!

I'm here with all of you less patient ones and envying those who are content! I wish I could be enjoying what is the end of my last pregnancy!

Happy New Year!
#33 of 60 Old 12-26-2008, 09:28 PM

I'm still here too... EDD today, though my calculations put my EDD on the 18th.
Had an appt. today, NST was fine. OB said I'm "doing ok for someone who hasn't had a baby before, but not spectacular". What the heck is that supposed to mean? He said my cervix is soft and thinned out and I'm about 1 cm dilated, and he swept my membranes without asking me and I would've liked for him not to have, but I'm not going to stress about it.
The nurse I had today was a nurse midwife from England, and she can't practice midwifery here... Shame because she was so sweet, I think if she's there when I;m in labour I'll tell my doc to butt out and get her to deliver! haha, if only!
Anyways, I'm thinking maybe it'll hold off until january now. Hubby and I were doing all we could to go into labour before christmas, and had a few days of strong contractions... but nope. Now baby will come when my 10 houseguests anxiously awaiting babys arrival have all gone home! Probably for the better too!
So I send all you ladies-in-waiting happy birthing vibes and I hope you all get the labour you dreamed of when baby is good and ready to come out!

...And when your deepest thoughts are broken,
keep on dreaming boy, cause when you stop dreamin' it's time to die.

#34 of 60 Old 12-27-2008, 10:36 AM

I've been lurking on these forums for months and now that I'm 41 weeks, I'm coming out of the woodwork! If I don't have this baby today or tomorrow, I'm going back to work on Monday and I don't want to! I've pulled out the breast pump in a weak attempt. My midwife wants to do blue and black cohosh next week - she thinks that my normal gestation is 42 weeks (I had to be induced with DD, my first at 41+5 and with DS at 39+4 b/c of PROM). This is my first HB and I am so anxious to meet my LO!

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
#35 of 60 Old 12-27-2008, 01:55 PM

I hit 42 weeks officially tomorrow, and I'm really starting to hear the urgency in my midwives voices about being post-dates with the back- up docs.

I know they can't induce me or do a repeat c-section w/o my consent, but it's getting so stressful and I really want this baby to come. We are doing lots of natural things to help baby along, including having membranes stripped everyday at this point.

Please send me labor vibes! I so want to meet my little Benjamin now.
#36 of 60 Old 12-27-2008, 02:03 PM

I'm sorry that you're feeling pressured. I hate that there is such discontinuity amongst care professionals about what is & isn't "safe". My 2nd baby was born at 42w5d. Here, at least, there isn't that arbitrary "stopping point".

I'll be 42 weeks on Jan 1. We're not sure what we want, actually. If the baby waits til january, we'll be ahead of the game with our insurance deductible, though! But, the flip side isn't just a tax deduction - my parents come to town tomorrow and my mom (M.D.) is already scared enough about home birth - I don't need her feeling tense about being "late".

:

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#37 of 60 Old 12-27-2008, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

{{{{{huuggss}}}}}} I'm sorry you are feeling so pressured for an induction. I've been there, I totally understand your frustration. Just remember it's your body and your decision! Only you know how much you can take! Good luck hun!

~*Candice*~
Wife, Doula and SAHM to six and expecting a new addition July 2012!namaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifh20homebirth.gif

#38 of 60 Old 12-27-2008, 03:31 PM

I'm still here: 41w3d. I was starting to get really anxious but feeling better now. My mw was here yesterday. One of my big fears was having to be transferred to the hospital for induction if I want to induce around 42 weeks. Personally, I'm willing to monitor a little but I really don't want to go past 42 weeks. While I know for some women it just takes that long, I'm not comfortable with the risks past 42 weeks - the risk of induction vs of waiting seems to invert at that point. But my mw said she's never had to transfer to the hospital for an induction; she's had 100% success with home induction (sweeping membranes followed a few days later by castor oil if that doesn't work - only 1 tablespoon) if that's what we decide. But she's also comfortable waiting.

So we had her check me (first time) and my cervix was really soft but still long and posterior. She did a gentle sweep of just the right side because she thought the left side was still too tight and didn't want to risk breaking my water. But she thinks my cervix is already in good shape and that should help with the ripening and effacing. And the baby is in perfect position - perfectly anterior and lined up with the head fully engaged; that's just within the last week and she thinks that will help a lot too. So she thinks I'll probably go into labor on my own sometime in the next 3-4 days, which I'd be totally fine with. Had some show last night - mostly brown (which is more an exam result) but also some pink and red - and some more this morning. So I'm feeling pretty confident. If baby doesn't come by Mon night/Tues morning (when I'll be 41w6d) then we will talk about whether to try castor oil. Really trying to avoid that, though.

But I feel a lot more like I know my options and are comfortable with them and that's made me feel better. My partner started his paternity leave yesterday, which sucks in one way b/c we're using it before the baby comes but is great because I feel like I really need his support just as much now. And he doesn't have to go back until Jan 23rd so we still have plenty of time.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting.
#39 of 60 Old 12-27-2008, 03:58 PM

I did blue cohosh for 24 hours before Molly was born at 42w5. I also had spicy food and sex. This time around, I haven't done anything ... not sure I will. I've withheld sex, too, because we wanted to give it a chance to happen within my mom's schedule, and I didn't want to risk anything! Methinks we'll DTD tomorrow night, though.

MW appt on Monday - my mom will get a chance to meet the MW, which is really good.

I haven't had any exams at all, so i don't know if anything is soft or ripe or effaced. I tried to self-check this morning, but I'll be honest - I don't know what to feel for!

Oh - and how's this for an awkward conversation: My FIL asked me on C.eve if I was effaced. I'm sorry, but that is just the weirdest question possible! I felt like asking *him* - do you even know what effaced means???? I have to just assume that he asked because he thinks it's what he was "supposed" to ask. I realize that 99% of women know the answer to that because everyone has exams, but even so, I'm not comfortable discussing the condition of my vagina with my FIL! not even my father!

I lied and told him that "nothing has changed." Not completely a lie, because I haven't had an exam ... and nothing *has* changed in that regard. <sigh>

Well, I have a sewing project to work on, and I suppose i need to take a nap, too! A little crampy today, but I think it's ligament strain, not internal.

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#40 of 60 Old 12-29-2008, 02:32 PM

wow this place is empty! am I the only one here? anybody out there? *crickets*

Today is my due date, no action yet. i think baby was wiggling down a bit last night, and DH and I DTD yesterday and today so hopefully that'll help get things moving along. I'm still not impatient but I'm definitely waiting...

Bloomingstar Mommy to DS born 1.16.09 :
#41 of 60 Old 12-29-2008, 03:22 PM

41 wks today!
#42 of 60 Old 12-29-2008, 05:34 PM

Still here. I'm 40w, 4 days, but don't really feel 'overdue' yet. I just wish family would stop calling.

DS1 2-17-07 DS2 1-1-09
mdcblog5.gif
#43 of 60 Old 12-29-2008, 06:37 PM

40 wks, 4 days and feeling VERY overdue. But again, #4 and I'm tired. My youngest DD's bday is a week from today, I am really hoping this LO will come ASAP!! Preferably this year, lol!

I met with my MW today. No exams, but it looks like LO is still "sunny side up" with his chin tipped back. I need to get him to turn or at least tuck his chin or we'll end up in the hospital and there goes my last chance for a homebirth. Which I'm ok with if it needs to happen, I just HATE the hospital here!! DD3 almost didn't make it through delivery because of the incompetent people in the delivery room. I'd have been better of completely UC!! She's alive & well so I try not to dwell on it now, but...

I've also never made it to my due date before, so I'm trying to cope with the lack of patience I have.

I've also discovered that the muscle fibers in my uterus are tearing, the ligaments are being pulled and I have so many other "sensitive" spots, I'm not sure how well I'm going to do all natural! I only used Nubane with my DDs (once I didn't even ask, they just gave it to me when I stood up) - it just took the edge off, but this time I'll have my shower, etc that I didn't have then.

Ok, I'm tired and rambling. Hope everyone is holding up - the few of us who are left! Here's to lots of positive "come on baby" vibes to everyone!:
#44 of 60 Old 12-29-2008, 07:45 PM

Leanna - why would sunny side up make you go to hospital? I know it's uncomfortable, but it happens just fine with lots of moms. DD2 turned right before she was born, but not before causing several hours of painful back labor.

Devin - looks like we're in a race to the finish. Good thing we don't have the same MW! Pat delivered 2 babies yesterday/today.

I'm 41w4d now. My parents arrive tonight. I'm just hoping not to have to deal with her pressure for too many days. I've already told her that there isn't any reason to be worried, but we'd do a biophysical profile at 42weeks, if we go that long.

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#45 of 60 Old 12-29-2008, 08:17 PM

I woke up at 4 with contrax and have had them all day off and on. And I've been having bloody mucus all day!! Mom and I went and walked around the mall and while I was in line I felt two small "gushes". Really do not think it was pee and there was some bloody liquid in my pad (hope this isn't TMI!!!) but I haven't felt anything like that again since. Been having contrax on and off so I'm really hoping tonight!! Come on baby!!!

Happily married to my sweet DH with two precious girls (12/08) and (8/10) and a crazy puppy dog. Expecting blessing #3 around 12/10.

#46 of 60 Old 12-29-2008, 08:45 PM

Janis - My DD1 was born sunny-side up completely. Which is why I had 2 days of back labor (not that I realized it at the time, I thought I aggravated an old back injury, lol! Aaah, the "rookie days", lol). But this little guy has his head tilted backwards and we're not sure if he can get his chin down enough to go through the pelvis, etc. Which may be why he's still not here. I've had some cervical changes, and everything else that goes with labor - including contractions, etc. His head moves side to side (he's about -2 station) but every time we check we can still feel his little chin pointing up. I've been trying to get him to change his position for 3 weeks, using my exercise ball, squatting, crawling on my hands & knees several times a day. He's very content where he is, I guess!

Boy - I didn't realize how whiny my last post sounded, lol! I guess I'm more tired than I thought! I'm considering calling my reg OB - I really like him, I just don't like the hospital he works in. Maybe I can get him to do an U/S and see just what is going on. MW just isn't making me feel comfortable right now and all I really care about is that LO is safe and I'm not going to be so beat up that I can't take care of him or my girls after he gets here! (Had that happen after DD2 was born and was hospitalized - don't want that again, either!) Oy - decisions decisions!

And to top it off, we are trying to decide how we really feel about circumcision (another first for us!) and just found out the pediatrician doesn't do them and the only drs who do are in the hospital. In our area the only drs that do them outside the hospital refuse to do the procedure until the baby is 1 year! Again - oy!

So I'm off to read up on pros & cons of circumcisions and deciding if it is right for our boy or not!
#47 of 60 Old 12-30-2008, 04:06 PM

Still here!!
Just thought I should bump up this thread...
I'm 40 +4 today. Still feeling pretty good, have had a few moments where I thought it was happening, but then it went away. No show or mucous or anything yet though. My OB is going to start pressuring me soon for induction, but he said he'd let me go 10 days past my EDD previously, and I'll hold him to that.
I feel ready though, so I think I'll go read up on blue and black cohosh and castor oil, and go for a walk, and get me some prostaglandin!!
Happy labouring ladies!

...And when your deepest thoughts are broken,
keep on dreaming boy, cause when you stop dreamin' it's time to die.

#48 of 60 Old 12-30-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrabbit View Post
Leanna - why would sunny side up make you go to hospital? I know it's uncomfortable, but it happens just fine with lots of moms. DD2 turned right before she was born, but not before causing several hours of painful back labor.
--janis
I went over my due date with my first three kiddos...so thought I'd be with you this time too! But my DS had his own ideas!

But, I just wanted to pipe in, my second DS was born posterior as well at home. And, actually he was my longest pushing (about half an hour) and sure the back labor was tough. The tub helped immensely as did sort of leaning into my fists. Makes me wonder what he would have done if he'd been an anterior babe as this last one was anterior and so quick it wound up UC.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#49 of 60 Old 12-30-2008, 04:34 PM

Still here at 40 weeks 6 days! This is my 4th and I have NEVER gone late so it is really unnerving for me.
#50 of 60 Old 12-30-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by library lady View Post
Still here at 40 weeks 6 days! This is my 4th and I have NEVER gone late so it is really unnerving for me.
What is it with the 4th babies!?!

After 41.5, 40.5, 40.5 my fourth decided to be born at 38.5....

When my water broke that morning I was so freaked out...thinking my body wouldn't be ready to go into labor!

Just when we *think* we know what our kiddos do the fourth one comes and sends up for a loop huh?

My best friend went at 37-38 weeks with her first three...and went to 40.5 with her fourth!!! And, she charted so was sure of her dates! Go figure!

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#51 of 60 Old 12-30-2008, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

Still here too.. I will be 40w3d tomorrow. I see the MW so wish me luck. Maybe I will see if she can strip my membranes.. I don't know if I wanna tempt that just yet, I might wait another week.

~*Candice*~
Wife, Doula and SAHM to six and expecting a new addition July 2012!namaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifh20homebirth.gif

#52 of 60 Old 12-31-2008, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatchristy View Post
What is it with the 4th babies!?!

After 41.5, 40.5, 40.5 my fourth decided to be born at 38.5....

When my water broke that morning I was so freaked out...thinking my body wouldn't be ready to go into labor!

Just when we *think* we know what our kiddos do the fourth one comes and sends up for a loop huh?

My best friend went at 37-38 weeks with her first three...and went to 40.5 with her fourth!!! And, she charted so was sure of her dates! Go figure!

I broke down and went in for an ultrasound because there was some concern about fluid levels. I was charting and "thought" that I knew when conception occurred but I must have been wrong because the US showed that I am anywhere from 38.5 weeks to 41 weeks. Go figure! At least now we have documentation that everything is normal and if she goes another week or two nobody will be breathing down our necks to do anything drastic.

Midwife and I are both very relieved because she was catching crap from a fellow midwife because I had too much amniotic fluid and that is grounds for automatically being risked out of a homebirth. (At least according to the other MW that she called to have assist since I am known for spitting out my babies and the other MW lives maybe 5 minutes from me.) Amniotic fluid is almost too high but the US tech checked normal on the report. Also, she is head down and the umbilical chord is perfectly placed so that even if there is a gush there is no real concern about a prolapsed chord. I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off of me.
#53 of 60 Old 12-31-2008, 12:11 AM

I'm 40w1d. My midwife did an internal today. She said I'm about 70% effaced and dilated 1cm. I'm supposed to go back next Wed. for a sonogram. Really hoping the baby comes before then!!
#54 of 60 Old 12-31-2008, 12:21 AM

41w1d here, and another who hasn't gone very late before! My first was 5 days over, my second 3 days early but my midwife says it's common for "last" babies to go over.

Did a cervical exam yesterday and I was 40% effaced and a fingertip dilated. Boo hoo, wasn't even enough for her to sweep membranes but that's ok. I tried senna tea, and while it definitely "worked" on my bowels, did nothing to start labor so I guess I'm just not ready!

Baby is healthy, I'm healthy so I'm just trying to be patient. I have a biophysical profile scheduled for next week at 42w1d. Not sure where we'll go from there, my dates are questionable at least a little but not more than 4 days to a week.

It is so hard to wait!! I vascillate between being completely at peace and cool and a complete and total basketcase!

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
#55 of 60 Old 12-31-2008, 12:24 AM

LONG day. My parents have arrived. My dad is anxious to see the baby - or maybe he's just really really nervous about me having a home birth while they are in the state. He's going to be at the house, probably, but not "in the room" - but my mom has been invited to "be there". which reminds me, I need to write down her "rules" and expectations. (like she may NOT speak a word about it being a boy or a girl - that's being left up to the kids) Dad is an accountant, and he's also anxious that we get a tax-break for this kid.

I've been crampy and uncomfortable all day, so who knows? i didn't feel any signs of impending labor with previous dds, though, so I could have just overdone things today. I think we're "ready" now, though: diapers are washed, car seat is installed, I have candles and supplies, bathtub and bathroom are clean, bed is ready. I'd like to wash a few baby clothes, but that probably has to wait til tomorrow ... maybe i have the energy to start a load of clothes, though ...

--janis
41w5d

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#56 of 60 Old 12-31-2008, 12:45 AM

Janis - glad the parents finally arrived and all is well. I ended up going at 41w5d so maybe it's good luck
#57 of 60 Old 12-31-2008, 08:12 AM

41 weeks, 5 days here...looking like this is going to be my longest pregnancy yet as I was already in labor with ds2 (my previous record) at this point. Silly me, I thought this one would be here sooner since my last child was born at 40 weeks, 4 days (my shortest pregnancy so far). Oh well. Ds1's birthday is 1/5 and he said it would be a great present to have the baby then. Dear sweet boy.
#58 of 60 Old 12-31-2008, 09:10 AM

41w4d for me! I took blue and black cohosh last night between 4 and 11 pm. Midwife says it should work sometime in the next 48 hours - we'll see. They were little pellets that I placed under my tongue every hour for 8 hours, alternating between the 2. They tasted sweet. I'm off to work now and hoping! I'm nervous that with the weeks of pre-labor and false calls that the real thing is going to go quick! Talk later!

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
#59 of 60 Old 12-31-2008, 12:26 PM

"Dad is an accountant, and he's also anxious that we get a tax-break for this kid."

this made me LOL. DH has told me if for some reason baby does decide to show tonight, if it's the matter of a couple of hours he's asking the m/w to fudge the birth certificate!

#60 of 60 Old 12-31-2008, 12:28 PM

oh, and can I say that the most annoying part of this is doing all the cleaning 3 times??? I swear I've been trying to keep this place "birth ready" for a whole month now, I'm tired of washing sheets and vacuuming the living room.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page