Weekly Chat 12/29! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 31 Old 01-02-2009, 01:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by almadianna View Post
not in your DDC but two of my friends are so I was looking here to see how they were doing.

anyways... i dont know why you feel like your body is too worn out to go into labor... is there a reason? Is it just because you are tired of being pregnant? If so you have more than enough reason to be sick of being pregnant... you have a reason and then some!!

but trust your body...

what you are experiencing is normal, "false" labor is annoying and lasts forever for some women...me included.. i had contractions that were real for around 3 weeks and i made it past 42 weeks with both of my kids.

All pregnancies are different so this one being different doesnt mean anything is wrong per se, just different.

Inductions are brutal and I know that you know the side effects of the pitocin/etc. and the risks associated so I wont go into them.

I just wanted to say that I have been there... both of my children were late. Quite late and I really thought more than once that my body had betrayed me, especially after my marathon 50+ hour labors... but all my body needed was patience.... and I gave it what it needed. It thanked me with two beautiful kids after what seemed like torture. I wouldnt do things any differently because the elation I felt afterwards and the peace of being at home staring at their beautiful faces without worrying about having them taken away for tests or anything else was worth every pain all over again.

you can do it mama. You truly can. You are strong and you have made it this far. Pregnancy doesnt last forever. I promise.
This is pregnancy #6 in 7 years and baby #4. I've got more than just pregnancy issues with pain etc. But really it's not just being frustrated. I was frustrated with DD3, lol. This one I was on bedrest for 2.5 mos trying to keep contractions at bay and to stop the dilation. Now, a month after I've been off bedrest, he's still not here.: I get contractions constantly.

I want to clear this part though - I would consider the induction, but that is not my reason for going to the OBGYN. I want the testing to make sure that LO is ok, that I am ok. Something is telling me this is the right thing for us. I've been putting it off for weeks, hoping he'd just come and show me he's ok-but he's not doing that.

I didn't mean to cause such a stir about inductions! I really meant to just say that something isn't feeling right - with me more so than the baby - and that I'm torn between calling the OBGYN and not.

Thanks for all the advice & encouragement. I know I can't stay pregnant forever, and this is our last one so I'm trying to enjoy it. I just have this nagging feeling - it's time to make the call.

MY OBGYN is not a regular just "jump in and induce" type of dr either. He won't just do it if I wanted him to anyway, lol. He doesn't induce just for schedules or anything. He will do the tests, though. He was my dr for DD3 after we moved here and I really liked him. He was the one who had me on EPO - when the first dr I went to for DDs 1 & 2 wanted to induce at 40 wks. I trust this dr's judgement. I should have been more clear about that earlier!

My other concerns are DD1 has Tourette's and DD2 is autistic. So when things start nagging me about my kids, I really want to know as much as I can before I make any decision. Anytime something shows differently that what I am used to, it seems like we come across harder issues (like the TS and ASD) later on. Different scares me.

Thank you again for the encouragement!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page