December 08's last (fat) chance - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 67 Old 01-01-2009, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy New Year!

Y'all just gonna leave me here, by my lonesome? J/k I never actually thought about that though.

This is *so* hard for me. DD was born at 35w5d, so it seems like it's been *forever* that I've been pregnant.

I told DH that since he won't walk with me that he could at least help out in other ways but he doesn't seem interested. Lately, he's just been on the computer posting on his boards (a Christianity/debate board) and when I try to talk to him about *anything* even if it would benefit him more than me, he keeps telling me to "hold on" or, I'll say something, he'll say "yeah" or nod his head or whatever, then when I ask him what he wants to do, he's like "You'll have to say that again, I wasn't listening." :

sleeping.gifMama to DD dust.gif(12.2005), DS1 sleepytime.gif (01.2009), DS2 babyboy.gif (04.28.2013) with DH heartbeat.gif04.10.13!!heartbeat.gif namaste.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 67 Old 01-01-2009, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

Well, Janis, we may not need to share. I've been having contractions since about 4. They're irregular right now, but less than 10 min apart. Holding steady around 6 min actually. I also just lost some of my mucous plug, hooray!

DS1 2-17-07 DS2 1-1-09
mdcblog5.gif
#33 of 67 Old 01-01-2009, 11:28 PM

Woohoo mamavegan! Sending some strong labor vibes your way.

Things are still pretty boring around here in that department.
#34 of 67 Old 01-01-2009, 11:45 PM

Yay mamavegan!! I have a special place in my heart for all of us postdates gals. The waiting is so, so freaking hard. I hope we are all holding babies very very soon!

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
#35 of 67 Old 01-01-2009, 11:50 PM

Way to go Devin!!! :

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#36 of 67 Old 01-02-2009, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamavegan View Post
Well, Janis, we may not need to share. I've been having contractions since about 4. They're irregular right now, but less than 10 min apart. Holding steady around 6 min actually. I also just lost some of my mucous plug, hooray!
Yay MamaVegan!!:

I've been doing the same and lost more of my plug today (another first for me) they are stronger but we'll see. Mine started around 7pm so almost 5 hrs now. I've had a lot more in my back, but I'm not getting my hopes up!

I'm thinking of you - at least if I don't get anything out of my own contractions, maybe I can send you some of their energy! Put it to use somehow, ha ha!

Good luck! ::
#37 of 67 Old 01-02-2009, 01:52 AM

I'm still here too...41W1d...

I was induced with DS this time during my nightmare mainstream birth. So, all this is new territory for me ahead, I guess that's exciting! I'm getting really crabby though, I think its the flood of stupid questions and comments. One of which today was this woman telling me you "get induced because the placenta wears out after 40 weeks and the baby dies." WTF?!?!?!?! I just stood there and stared at her. : I should have said "Yeeeah. That must be why we're the leaders in infant/mother mortality in this country." I honestly didn't have the energy.

Honest to God, who the he!! would say something like that to someone? What is wrong with people? (*disregard hormonal rant please...*)

Anyway...I suppose it is prudent to wander over to January, out of respect for babies wishes! LOL: I suppose they'll be here soon enough!

-S
#38 of 67 Old 01-03-2009, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrelletta View Post
I'm still here too...41W1d...

I was induced with DS this time during my nightmare mainstream birth. So, all this is new territory for me ahead, I guess that's exciting! I'm getting really crabby though, I think its the flood of stupid questions and comments. One of which today was this woman telling me you "get induced because the placenta wears out after 40 weeks and the baby dies." WTF?!?!?!?! I just stood there and stared at her. : I should have said "Yeeeah. That must be why we're the leaders in infant/mother mortality in this country." I honestly didn't have the energy.

Honest to God, who the he!! would say something like that to someone? What is wrong with people? (*disregard hormonal rant please...*)

Anyway...I suppose it is prudent to wander over to January, out of respect for babies wishes! LOL: I suppose they'll be here soon enough!

-S
Oh, my! Why would someone say that?!? Hormonal or not, that definitely deserves a rant. What an idiot.

Thanks for all the vibes and well wishes! Our babe was born at 11:57 on Jan 1st and is a boy!! He's yet to be named, so I'll make a thread when we figure out what his name is. We had a wonderful waterbirth and he was born in the caul! :

DS1 2-17-07 DS2 1-1-09
mdcblog5.gif
#39 of 67 Old 01-03-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Oh, my! Why would someone say that?!? Hormonal or not, that definitely deserves a rant. What an idiot.

Thanks for all the vibes and well wishes! Our babe was born at 11:57 on Jan 1st and is a boy!! He's yet to be named, so I'll make a thread when we figure out what his name is. We had a wonderful waterbirth and he was born in the caul! :
Yay Mamavegan!!I can't wait to hear your birth story!::

I wish we could do a waterbirth, but we couldn't get a pool and I don't have a tub : - O well.
#40 of 67 Old 01-03-2009, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Leanna! How is your labor progressing? I'm glad you're still holding out to go into labor on your own. We're thinking about you!

I'm sending all of you big, fat, easy labor vibes!!! :

DS1 2-17-07 DS2 1-1-09
mdcblog5.gif
#41 of 67 Old 01-03-2009, 10:04 PM

YEY! Happy baby boy!

Lost the plug today and have been *more* crampy then ever, but still waiting! I'm glad to hear they really come out! Lets see all those pictures!
#42 of 67 Old 01-04-2009, 12:27 AM

Tomorrow will make me 41 weeks.. I'm just waiting, and waiting, and waiting..

~*Candice*~
Wife, Doula and SAHM to six and expecting a new addition July 2012!namaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifh20homebirth.gif

#43 of 67 Old 01-04-2009, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Thanks Leanna! How is your labor progressing? I'm glad you're still holding out to go into labor on your own. We're thinking about you!

I'm sending all of you big, fat, easy labor vibes!!! :

Thanks for thinking of me!. I swear finding this DDC was just what I needed, I wish I'd found it when I'd first found out I was pregnant

How's the name picking going? We had to do a family vote for LO's name.

I love that contraction master site! Talk about easy!

I think I panicked the other day - going overdue is totally new territory to me and when I don't get the responses I want from LO, nevermind my own hormones driving me nuts, I was really worried. MW wasn't much help until I sent her an email that was pretty desperate sounding. We really haven't "clicked" well. I think it's more because, though yes I have her as our MW, I make most of my decisions w/o consulting her much. DH is not comfortable at all with UC or I'd probably do that! Thankfully, LO has shown me the past couple of days that he's ok, and that's my main concern.

Ok need to change positions - really getting uncomfortable. More soon. I'll be spending a lot of time at my computer throughout the night - it's calming to me. I can "daze" off easily into something else on the computer.

There will comments from me everywhere tonight LOL - rambling LOL.

NOTE ** just went to the bathroom, LOTS of brownish-streaked mucousy stuff. Another first for me. It started this afternoon around 4pm and increased everytime I go to the bathroom, but it was always clear until now. I'd been crampy for awhile, now I'm getting lots of contractions and most are in my back - -So Things are moving finally! Ok my hopes are up now, lol. I cave! I've been timing contractions off and on for about 2 hrs. Right now they are averaging about 5 min apart 30-45 sec but coming in waves. :
#44 of 67 Old 01-04-2009, 01:13 AM

CAKJNH- we seem to be in the same boat..although now my contractions have really slowed down.

Ho hum...
#45 of 67 Old 01-04-2009, 01:28 AM

Quote:
CAKJNH- we seem to be in the same boat..although now my contractions have really slowed down.

Ho hum...
Go run up and down the stairs, do jumping jacks, quick! LOL. Stay positive, Mama. The time will come...my contractions keep varying. They did that with DD3 - up & down so it could still be real labor. I've been trying to visualize and mentally coach him down, but gave in and now I'm sitting in my recliner w/my heating pad. The pain in my back was getting to be too much! Keep posting updates, I'll be here!
#46 of 67 Old 01-04-2009, 02:25 AM

I did some squats and *visualized* opening up and the shifting down. Plus some of the circling like they tell ya on that "Birth as we know it" video...come on universe, spit er out!

I told DH we need to be doing some violent crazy DTD...He laughed. DS just woke up, so much for swinging from the chandelier, not that I own one!

I just had 3 contractions in a row while lounging watching TV, now nothing. Stupid uterus! He, he...

Maybe I'll go look in the fridge again, that seems to help! I'm too bored to even eat. As long as I have this babe by wednesday, but monday night I'm going to start freakin out...so...
#47 of 67 Old 01-04-2009, 02:33 AM

: ladies! I'm so excited for you! Maybe LO will see all his buddies are going to be born soon, and he'll not want to be left behind? : I've been having some cramping kinds of things, but not much. I moved the seats in our vehicle around to make room for everyone, and cleaned a bit, so I'm hoping that might help. *shrug* I told DH to screen the calls about the baby from here on, and he forgot. So I had to talk to my mom again, tell her there is no baby yet, I will call her when I have the baby, etc. Thankfully, my dad needed to call his brother, and she couldn't talk long. I was/am getting tired of answering the same question every.single.day.

Here's to some more "December" babes being born!

sleeping.gifMama to DD dust.gif(12.2005), DS1 sleepytime.gif (01.2009), DS2 babyboy.gif (04.28.2013) with DH heartbeat.gif04.10.13!!heartbeat.gif namaste.gif

#48 of 67 Old 01-04-2009, 02:49 AM

Quote:
I did some squats and *visualized* opening up and the shifting down. Plus some of the circling like they tell ya on that "Birth as we know it" video...come on universe, spit er out!

I told DH we need to be doing some violent crazy DTD...He laughed. DS just woke up, so much for swinging from the chandelier, not that I own one!

I just had 3 contractions in a row while lounging watching TV, now nothing. Stupid uterus! He, he...

Maybe I'll go look in the fridge again, that seems to help! I'm too bored to even eat. As long as I have this babe by wednesday, but monday night I'm going to start freakin out...so...
Sharing labor vibes! Come LO my little Jonathan will need a playdate!

I'm already thinking this labor is lasting too long, lol! I'm pretty sure my water broke. Called MW told her not to come just yet - I'm still talking and laughing and moving through the contractions. But now we're on the clock - 18 hrs or less or we have to transfer to the hospital. MW thinks that my water may have actually broken at 4pm in the shower, but I wasn't so sure of that. So I'm not sure which time she's going by. Got me a little worried - I HATE the hospitals here!! Stupid Laws stickin their nose in where they don't belong...you know they were written by men!! LOL

Hmm was feeling kinda hungry a few min ago, now all of a sudden, I'm kinda queasy. What's that about? guess it's off to get some crackers.
#49 of 67 Old 01-04-2009, 03:01 AM - Thread Starter

I don't have time for the long response I'd love to make, but I'm sending ELV's to all of you! : Leanne, this is definitely it! C'mon baby Jonathan! I would be really adamant about your water not breaking at 4pm if you're not sure. I'd hate to start any timer if I could avoid it.

We've agreed on a first name, but I'm gonna sleep on the middle one. I may just have to let DH have the middle name, since he let me have the first one that I've been wanting.

DS1 2-17-07 DS2 1-1-09
mdcblog5.gif
#50 of 67 Old 01-04-2009, 03:21 AM

Leanna : I hope things are picking up for you! : easy and peaceful labor vibes for you, mama!
#51 of 67 Old 01-04-2009, 03:29 AM

Oh cool, I didnt realize you were really going that strong! Very cool, I can't wait to hear!

I'm off to bed, I'm hoping tomorrows MY day. Maybe its a good sign everyone else seems to be moving along. Baby's really active right now which makes me think its a no go. I thought they slowed down B4 labor
#52 of 67 Old 01-04-2009, 06:23 AM

umm K.

3:30am contractions woke me up...timed em this time, about 4-8 min apart (more on the side of say 5min. average)...cant sleep now cuz its been about an hour of me being able to count them for the first consistent time.

Maybe this is it?

There not horrible, but "wake up and kinda wince" worthy, thats for sure. Stop me moving around while there going on too...hummmm

Baby? Is that you? You ready to come and hang out with us?
#53 of 67 Old 01-04-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
umm K.

3:30am contractions woke me up...timed em this time, about 4-8 min apart (more on the side of say 5min. average)...cant sleep now cuz its been about an hour of me being able to count them for the first consistent time.

Maybe this is it?

There not horrible, but "wake up and kinda wince" worthy, thats for sure. Stop me moving around while there going on too...hummmm

How are you feeling, Mama? Me, like I got hit by a Mack truck! Our LO is here! So I'm sending you vibes!! It's your turn! :good vibes
#54 of 67 Old 01-04-2009, 12:05 PM

Yay babies!!! : I'm 42 weeks today and nothing :

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
#55 of 67 Old 01-04-2009, 12:39 PM

Oh my gosh, LOTS of updates that sound like we are going to have some major birth announcements the next few days :

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#56 of 67 Old 01-04-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:

Yay mama!!!!! :::

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#57 of 67 Old 01-04-2009, 01:27 PM

woohoo! .... Yes, I'm *still* pregnant!

I'm going to try a different tactic today ... I'm going to be EXCITED about being 100 days overdue. I'm hoping to join my mother and kids for a day of shopping. :

Maybe if I plan things and do things, then the baby will decide it's ready??

The weather is dreary here. Our housekeeper came back from her holiday sooner than expected, so she's here today cleaning. Yay!

--janis :

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#58 of 67 Old 01-04-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKJNH View Post
How are you feeling, Mama? Me, like I got hit by a Mack truck! Our LO is here! So I'm sending you vibes!! It's your turn! :good vibes
Congrats, mama : I'm so excited and can't wait to hear your story!

Quote:
umm K.

Maybe this is it?

: I can't wait to hear an update!
btw..my babe was really active up until labor and all during labor.
#59 of 67 Old 01-04-2009, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Yay, Squirelletta!!! My first babe slowed down the day before labor, but this one sure didn't. As he was crowning, my husband and I were able to feel him kick and move around in there! It was so bizarre feeling him move like that. I bet you are in 'real' labor or maybe holding your LO by now!

Leanna, that was fast! CONGRATULATIONS! : I can't wait to hear all about Jonathon's appearance into the world. I'm so happy/proud for/of you for holding out!

Janis, definintely make plans. I was trying to head to Alma's when my labor started up. And you are not 100 days overdue, LOL.

Sending ELV's to you and library lady and all the other mamas in waiting! :

DS1 2-17-07 DS2 1-1-09
mdcblog5.gif
#60 of 67 Old 01-04-2009, 03:40 PM

I officially had my meltdown today, tears, almost to the point of hyperventilation.. Does that mean anything.. *sigh*

It's comforting to know I'm not alone but I'm TIRED.

~*Candice*~
Wife, Doula and SAHM to six and expecting a new addition July 2012!namaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifh20homebirth.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page