December 08's last (fat) chance - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 67 Old 12-31-2008, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well ladies...

If you're not holding a newborn today, you're either due or overdue. Time is ticking away at our last chance to have a baby this month, or even this year!

I have a terrible cold and am having trouble breathing without my mouth open. I really don't want to labor this way, but I might deal with it if it meant I'd have a baby this year. Otherwise, that stinker can just stay put a few days longer!

~40 w, 6 days

DS1 2-17-07 DS2 1-1-09
mdcblog5.gif
#2 of 67 Old 12-31-2008, 02:02 PM

40 wks and 6 days, too. Totally awkward for me! But today's weather tells me it is NOT a good idea for LO to come. DH is out in the snow (he's a truck driver who is home every night) and it'll take him hours to get hom. I gave up on the cohosh and everything last night as I was just too tired to really do the regimen and then labor, lol. I hadn't slept much. I slept really well and decided to start the regimen for real today. I'll wait til later this afternoon, they say it can take 48 hrs to work. If not - oh well. Mama's tired of waiting for everyone else's schedule - including baby's lol. I actually like the RRLT so I'll drink that, too.

The board is so quiet lately. I keep checking back every few hours looking for adult conversations - my kids are tired of hearing the baby talk, I think.

Happy New Year everyone!
#3 of 67 Old 12-31-2008, 02:31 PM

I am right here with you ladies. 41 weeks today. It looks like no tax deduction for this year. I am okay with that. 2008 has been a horrible year so maybe it is for the best that the babe waits until the New Year. I am tired of trying natural remedies and just want to sleep.

I have been avoiding our DDC because it is really discouraging to read about all of the births. It makes me feel like this baby is NEVER going to get here. Everybody is talking about the newborn stuff, which is great but it doesn't help me be patient.
#4 of 67 Old 12-31-2008, 02:31 PM

I'm thinking of you ladies! It will make your new year even sweeter if your babies make an '09/late '08 entrance

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#5 of 67 Old 12-31-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by library lady View Post
I am right here with you ladies. 41 weeks today. It looks like no tax deduction for this year. I am okay with that. 2008 has been a horrible year so maybe it is for the best that the babe waits until the New Year. I am tired of trying natural remedies and just want to sleep.

I have been avoiding our DDC because it is really discouraging to read about all of the births. It makes me feel like this baby is NEVER going to get here. Everybody is talking about the newborn stuff, which is great but it doesn't help me be patient.
I know the feeling, but I also use it to help me realize - he really can't stay in here forever!! I never thought I'd go over my due date, but here we are. At least I'm not alone!!
#6 of 67 Old 12-31-2008, 03:00 PM

still here ... I didn't think I'd make it this long. I'll be 42 weeks tomorrow. Oh well. DD2 was 42w5d, and I just thought she was maybe waiting for the new moon, which was last week ... silly me. don't know WHAT this babe is waiting for now!

I'd rather not go too much longer since I'll start getting nervous now. I need to force myself to call and make an appt for a biophysical profile on Friday. Just to calm my nerves and make my parents less anxious. MW isn't "sincerely" concerned, just quoting statistics. We've been friends for so long, she knows all about my mom-relationship - she doesn't want mom to get bossy.

But we're ok with not getting the tax deduction, even though my dad is disappointed for us!

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#7 of 67 Old 12-31-2008, 03:11 PM

I never thought about the tax deduction until somebody else brought it up. It is kind of a pain when everybody around you is using the tax deduction angle to nag you about getting this baby here.

I went in for a US/BPP last night so now I have ammo for anybody that wants to bug me. The baby is perfect and can go another week or two without any problems. My fluid levels are down to the high end of normal. The baby is in the correct position. Lungs and everything else are functioning properly. The umbilical chord is nowhere near the cervix so if there is a gush from all the fluid it should be fine. She isn't even measuring as big as I thought she would. She is only measuring 8lbs 5 oz. I know they are probably off by about a pound because I expect her to be in the 9-10 lb range given the size of my others and the size of my enormous belly. I just have to hurry up and wait.
#8 of 67 Old 12-31-2008, 03:19 PM

they said DD2 was 7.5# and "due" in 3 weeks ... at a bpp on 42w3d. She was born 2 days later at 8#13 ... I don't have a whole lot of faith in them, but it did help me feel better. In spite of how wrong it was on those details, I have to "trust" that it was right on the other details, and I'll do it again regardless. <sigh>

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#9 of 67 Old 12-31-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
She isn't even measuring as big as I thought she would. She is only measuring 8lbs 5 oz. I know they are probably off by about a pound because I expect her to be in the 9-10 lb range given the size of my others and the size of my enormous belly. I just have to hurry up and wait.
I had to LOL -I don't expect anything with these babies anymore!! Everytime we do, they send more surprises This baby has thrown my entire prenatal histories right out the window!
#10 of 67 Old 12-31-2008, 04:24 PM

Janis, I love the 2.98 children in your sig!!
#11 of 67 Old 12-31-2008, 04:26 PM

to all.

If it makes you feel any better, the tax deduction thing is not such a great deal. My MW has an 18-year old DD that she can't claim this year because of the DD's December birthday. So if you claim them in the beginning (like with a December 2008 birthday), you can't claim 'em the year they turn 18 (2026). It all evens out in the end.
#12 of 67 Old 12-31-2008, 04:44 PM

The $1000 deduction ends in 2010 - as it stands now goes back to $600 so I'll take what I can get back. LOL

DH said that this LO and DD3 (dob 1/5) owe him $1000 each - DD3 tells him she's gonna give it to him in hugs (she'll be 4 next week)
#13 of 67 Old 12-31-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKJNH View Post
I had to LOL -I don't expect anything with these babies anymore!! Everytime we do, they send more surprises This baby has thrown my entire prenatal histories right out the window!
I should have learned that by now. I am always so textbook about everything that I don't know how to handle it when things are off.
#14 of 67 Old 12-31-2008, 04:52 PM

The tax deduction is really irrelevant to me. It is all of the people around me that keep bringing it up. It is slowly becoming one of those things that I don't want to talk about. You know, right up there with the phone calls asking, "Have you had that baby yet?"

I so badly want to tell people, "She is a baby not a friggin' tax deduction!"
#15 of 67 Old 12-31-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
I totally understand. I'm happy and excited for all the mamas who are holding their babies, but at the same time, it makes me sad that I'm *not*.

Quote:
I never thought about the tax deduction until somebody else brought it up. It is kind of a pain when everybody around you is using the tax deduction angle to nag you about getting this baby here.
Yeah. Every.single.time. I talk to my mom, she's like "You better hurry up and have the baby or you'll miss out on the deduction!" The lady at the health food store asked me when I was due, and I said the 28th, so I am past my EDD. I told her I would like him to come before the New Year, and she was like "Yeah, you want that deduction, huh?" No, I just don't want to have to argue/fight with my OB about induction, and factories with jobs are going to be opening back up after New Year's, so he'll probably have a job, and we don't need him to start a job just to tell them he can't come in on the second/third day because his wife is having a baby. I don't care about the tax deduction, we never got it with/for DD, we won't *get* the money anyway, so it really doesn't matter to me. I want LO to be born because I'm so uncomfortable and I think it would be better for him to be born without me having to stress out so much. Why is it so crazy that I want babe to be born when he and I are both ready and when it's *time* rather than be born just to get some money? Sorry, that just really irks my nerves.

sleeping.gifMama to DD dust.gif(12.2005), DS1 sleepytime.gif (01.2009), DS2 babyboy.gif (04.28.2013) with DH heartbeat.gif04.10.13!!heartbeat.gif namaste.gif

#16 of 67 Old 12-31-2008, 05:25 PM

Well, I just found out why my parents are so damn eager for me to have the baby! They changed their plans and are going home on MONDAY. They were supposed to stay through Jan 10 !! I'm pissed. I don't know what to think anymore. It doesn't change anything, but now, they've added an element of pressure that I wasn't expecting. I wanted them to take the kids to spend a night or two at their hotel, but if I haven't had the baby, I don't want to risk them not being here for the birth.

I feel like my kids have been cheated this year. The inlaws spent all summer promising to spend time with them, and they kept backing out because of stuff (I can't be too mad, FIL's mother was terminally ill and died a month ago). So they just kept getting empty promises. Then, we didn't get to go to Wisconsin for snow & vacation with grandparents this season - and now, grandparents' visit is getting cut short.

And then there is the matter of baptism ... I thought we'd have plenty of time to do it before they leave, but now I don't see how.

I'm frustrated. Time for a nap, I guess.

Leanna: my sig said 2.5 kids before - I felt like that wasn't accurate anymore!

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#17 of 67 Old 12-31-2008, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

I'm sorry, Janis. That really sucks.

Is there any way you can channel the energy from your anger and frustration down through your uterus?

Did I mention that my midwife has plans to leave the country on the 7th?!? That's next Wednesday! She's being flexible about it, but at the latest would need to leave on the following Saturday, the 10th. I might have to borrow your midwife at some point...

DS1 2-17-07 DS2 1-1-09
mdcblog5.gif
#18 of 67 Old 12-31-2008, 06:00 PM

Ouch, that sucks Janis. There is nothing worse than having people put pressure on you to have your baby on their schedule.
#19 of 67 Old 12-31-2008, 09:42 PM

Im still here too at 40 wks, 2 days. I've ignored 5 calls since yesterday asking whether or not I've had the baby from people who we'd obviously call or at least text or make sure someone else calls. My sister had her baby--she was due 12/28--on 12/29, which was my due date, so now it's all eyes on me.

Bloomingstar Mommy to DS born 1.16.09 :
#20 of 67 Old 12-31-2008, 10:14 PM

I'm so sorry, Janis. i can totally relate to people putting pressure. I've decided that it's just not worth getting upset over it anymore. And my family lives only 1/2 an hr away! I decided that the only people who are coming to this birth are DH, my girls and the MW and her assistant. I'm not dealing with any other drama until after this LO comes!

I agree w/MamaVegan ... push all those vibes DOWN, lol. It seems that it might be the only way to work on these babies!

Lots of hugs and calming vibes! ::
#21 of 67 Old 12-31-2008, 10:21 PM

My sister in California had her baby this morning, at 5:15 AM. I think New Years Eve is such a cool birthday! When I told her that, she said, but now New Years Eve won't be fun for us for a long time, and I had to tell her that NYE wasn't going to be fun for a long time no matter when the kid's birthday! I had my little girl almost 4 weeks ago, so the girls will be close in age, if not in geography. I'm so excited to be an aunt!
#22 of 67 Old 12-31-2008, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2annika View Post
to all.

If it makes you feel any better, the tax deduction thing is not such a great deal. My MW has an 18-year old DD that she can't claim this year because of the DD's December birthday. So if you claim them in the beginning (like with a December 2008 birthday), you can't claim 'em the year they turn 18 (2026). It all evens out in the end.
Actually the tax deduction (at least right now) can still apply if they are full time students and dependants, etc. past the age of 18.

However, honestly who even *knows* what the tax code is going to look like in 18 years?

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#23 of 67 Old 12-31-2008, 11:49 PM

I'm actually pretty irked about missing out on the tax deduction. That was a decent chunk of change!!

The bright side is that the larger my belly gets, the smaller my ginormous boobs look.

I just wish that I had bought some more maternity shirts. Nothing has covered the bottom of my belly since 38 weeks and I felt like I didn't want to buy anything for 2 weeks, but now that it's closer to a month, I'm tired of having a cold belly!

mama to 3 girls: Abigail 2.12.05, Eliana 8.26.06, Willa 1.9.09
RN-BSN 5/11, CBE, former doula
#24 of 67 Old 01-01-2009, 12:01 AM

well, i've had a better afternoon - I got a new henna tattoo My kids spent the afternoon with grandparents and now are at their hotel! The house is quiet. I suppose we should DTD ... but I am nervous that labor could start when the kids aren't here, and I think that might upset me. I'd also like the henna to "cure" for 24 hours before labor, so I am back where I was last week, not wanting to push things!

Only other problem is that i procrastinated and didn't set up an appt for a biophysical profile for friday - oops. I had promised MW that i would ... and since I didn't, I'm kinda torn on whether or not to be nervous now that I'm at 42 weeks. In all sincerity, I don't feel worried. Baby has been plenty active today. I feel fine. MW can see me for a NST on Friday.

I made bean soup for dinner, and I am stuffed now. I don't think I even ate all that much! It must have expanded in my tummy.

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#25 of 67 Old 01-01-2009, 12:14 PM

Janis if it makes you feel any better we've been DTD for a good week and nothing has happened! I've now switched to the actual only doing it if we feel like it philosophy which is a novel concept. lol

When did you hit 42 weeks? I had issues with scheduling my BPP too...m/w wanted me to go Friday as well, but when I called on Monday for an appointment they only had something for the next day (Tues) or a week from Tues. Well I was only 41+1d on Tues so it didn't make sense to go. But I'll be 42+1 on Tues. So I'm semi concerned about that, but there's enough confusion about my dates at this point that I don't think anyone is majorly worried. Honestly, I don't think that test is worth much anyway. For my midwives it seems to be more about buying time with the OB's than legitimately assessing baby's wellbeing. If your baby is moving lots and your inuition says things are fine, that's probably just as good of an indicator. Also like you said the m/w can do the NST on Friday and probably get a decent indication of fluid level with palpation.

My best friend knows you from Y&R days, btw! she lives in Houston. Is Pat your midwife? That's who she used last time (Beth is my friend's name).

#26 of 67 Old 01-01-2009, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Well ladies. We'll all be having January 2009 babies and Capricorns. At least something is certain, right?!?

Happy New Year from one 'yes, I'm still pregnant' mama, to the rest of you!

DS1 2-17-07 DS2 1-1-09
mdcblog5.gif
#27 of 67 Old 01-01-2009, 12:26 PM

Yup, Happy New Year!

I've considered jumping ship to the January DDC so I can feel more like I'm FIRST than last!

#28 of 67 Old 01-01-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieV View Post
Yup, Happy New Year!

I've considered jumping ship to the January DDC so I can feel more like I'm FIRST than last!
I was thinking of that, too! DD3's birthday is 1/5, and I'm 1/8 so we now are trying to guess when DS wants to fit in!
#29 of 67 Old 01-01-2009, 12:39 PM

It is definitely time to jump ship.

For those in Houston, I called to schedule my US on Tuesday afternoon and was able to get in that evening. I love the tech because she is really quick and really thorough. PM me if you want the information. My midwife went with me to my US appointment so she could see things for herself and ask the tech some questions of her own. It made us both feel better plus we have documentation that will save her butt and make it possible for us to continue doing whatever we want/need to do.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to wish everyone a Happy New Year! Here's hoping that 2009 is ten times better than 2008!
#30 of 67 Old 01-01-2009, 01:50 PM

Welcome to January! (I crashed the January DDC before Christmas)

I'm now officially 42 weeks pregnant. Wow. DD2 was born at 42w5d. I guess I just cook 'em longer! I had a biophysical profile done at 42w3d - but I was an emotional wreck then. The details were wrong, and I swore I wouldn't do it again because of that. I'll probably call tomorrow morning and see if it's possible to have one tomorrow, but I'm not stressing about it.

DTD last night. Honestly, I don't have enough stamina to do it long enough to "make" anything happen, even if doing it could! I'm tempted to take castor oil today (not really). yikes.

By the way, do NOT eat a big bowl of bean soup if you're hoping for labor. All it will do is build up to gas pressure that is seriously uncomfortable. And, I don't normally even GET gas from food! Surprisingly, I did get some good sleep last night, at least. Maybe baby is coming soon?

Amie - small world! I sold Y&R early this year ... yes, Pat is our MW. She was with DD2, also.

Devin - you can borrow Pat if Kellie is out of town, as long as I get her "first" ... deal? Women who are 10 months pregnant shouldn't have to share

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page