A Speedy Delivery - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-02-2009, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't post much on here, but I did read a lot! I just wanted to post my birth story because I LOVE reading everyone else's.

This is the story of my third child's birth, second homebirth.

My EDD was Dec. 28th. The morning of Dec. 21st I woke up with a contraction at 3:42 am. In ten minutes I had two more and knew that I was in Labor! They were strong right from the start. I got out of bed, ate half a piece of peanut butter toast and drank some really strong RRL tea. I also took some 5W. At 4:20 am I woke up my husband and told that I was in Labor! I also called the MW and told her and told her that I had a feeling I was going to go way faster then with my last. That labor was 4 1/2 hrs. She said that she'd come right away. It was blowing snow and -15. She also had a 35 minute drive in normal weather. The assitant was only 10 minutes from my house so I told the MW not to call her yet as I don't like being watched while I'm in labor. My DH took a shower and then went and shoveled our driveway and walkway. While he was doing that I was wandering around the house trying to get the birth supplies in the living room. We were planning a water birth too. I could not think very straight and kept having to go to the bathroom and sit on the toilet during contractions. At 4:40 am I called the MW back and told her that she could call the assistant. Then when my DH got back in the house I started feeling like I could throw up! I knew that was a sign of transition, but I didn't think I could be going that fast. He started feeling up the pool and I stayed on the toilet. Then I did throw up and at the same time my waters broke. It was a good thing I was on the toilet!! My DH came and said that the pool was too cold so he had put water on the stove to boil. Around that time the assistant showed up and I was sitting there thinking she was taking forever to get into the bathroom. She came in and I got my first pushing contraction. She had me breath through it. Then she had me get up and go in to the living room and lean over the air mattress we had set up in there. I had a few more pushing contractions that I breathed through and then the MW showed up. Right when the assistant said that she was there I started pushing. She walked in the door, took her coat off and came and delivered my baby! I remember telling them "It's coming!" and then the head coming out. My baby cried and then I had to wait for about 30 seconds for the next contraction when the rest of baby came out. My DH said it's a boy! Then I looked down and sure enough we had another boy! He was born at 5:26 am after 1 hour and 44 minutes of labor!! I moaned a couple times during the contractions right before my water broke but other then that I was silent unlike my other births. The loudest I got was when I threw up!! My other two kids slept through it all and woke up in the morning to a new baby!! I have to say that I couldn't have asked for a better birth!! It was just so awesome!! I will be in heaven if all future births go that great!! Nursing has also gone GREAT and my baby is a very content little guy!! He has been my easiest child. He weighed 7 lbs 2 oz and was 20 1/2 inches in length. His head was 14 in.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2009, 03:02 PM

Wow! That's what I want, lol! Fast and over and holding my LO.

Congratulations!!
Old 01-02-2009, 06:22 PM

Yeah! I like the short ones too.

Congratulations!!! This time my labor was about an hour, with about 15 minutes where it hurt! It was right when labor started getting intense when I thought...'wow, it would suck doing this for another hour or so' (usually labor hurts for about an hour and a half for me) and about 5 minutes from then I was holding my babe! MW didn't make it this time , my DH caught the babe! Here is was so quick I didn't even have a bruised crotch or anything! Just felt great afterwards! Sounds like you had a great quick birth!

Of course, if you're like me, this just makes you want to have more. Glad to hear your DS is super easy too!

Rest up and enjoy your babymoon.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

Old 01-02-2009, 09:02 PM

Congrats! Blessings and best wishes for a speedy recovery. :
Old 01-02-2009, 09:57 PM

Wow, that's amazing.. Congrats mama!! Send those fast labor vibes to me please! Enjoy your babymoon!

~*Candice*~
Wife, Doula and SAHM to six and expecting a new addition July 2012!namaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifh20homebirth.gif

Old 01-03-2009, 12:30 AM

Congratulations! :
Old 01-03-2009, 02:16 AM

Congrats, mama!
Old 01-03-2009, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

phatchristy - I remember reading your post about your fast labor before I had my baby. That's when I started thinking that that could happen to me!!! Every week before baby was born my DH was working 3 hours away and only home on the weekends. It was very stressful and I had to come to terms with the idea that I very well could have the baby without him there. It was either that or have a hospital birth. All I know is that God was watching over me and it all worked out better then I thought possible. When I was in labor I never knew that I was going that fast and it would have been fine if my DH delivered the baby. Baby most likely would have been born in the bathroom though. lol With my first my DH was worried about the baby being born in the toilet. Now he just knows that that's where I like to labor.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

User Tag List