Being delusional must be a postpartum symptom. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-07-2009, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Seeing all the baby pictures and reading all the birth stories makes me want to do it again. haha. But not anytime TOO soon!

S-d D which made them three. M grew lonely, and now there's baby D.
"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2009, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I am so right there with you!

This pregnancy was so stressful for me, as I was so worried about my little guy. So I swore I would never be pregnant again. (I had some bleeding problems early on). It all turned out beautifully, of course, and he is a thriving, content baby! The labor and birth was beyond intense and powerful, and yet the whole experience and this amazing babymoon makes me want to do it again and again!!! (even though we decided on just 2 kiddos). Someone talk some sense into me! :

Marine ecologist wife to my kite-boarding soulmate and now a homeschooling SAHM to Annabelle 8/02 and Willem 12/08!
Old 01-07-2009, 08:12 PM

I really want another too, even though this pregnancy was pretty miserable with extreme nausea and vomiting. Her birth was really difficult for me too.

But they're so sweet....especially when they're sleeping! LOL
Old 01-07-2009, 09:13 PM

Goodness...me too This pregnancy was much harder than my other 4, which were super close together and really "easy" (I had 4 kids in 4 years). I don't know if it was b/c I was older (28 now..as opposed to being 25 when number 4 was born) but I was so sick, so tired, so cranky. It was much harder!

But here I am thinking...well maybe 6 is when we'll stop. Dp isn't on board w/ getting a big V yet anyway....I just couldn't imagine not holding a little babe ever again or giving birth ever again, etc. Speaking of...she's waking up..gotta go!
Old 01-07-2009, 09:21 PM

I was like that after my second child (first vbac). I remember, only a couple hours after birth, thinking "Wow - that was incredible. When can I do it again?" This time....not so much. My labor this last time makes me scared to ever have another child. I'm not sure if I was even planning on having more than three kids, but I am honestly scared to do it again even if I wanted to.

I'm also scared that my next kid will top 11 lbs since mine seem to follow the "each child gets a little bigger" line of thinking. This kid barely came in under 11 lbs this time around and my smallest has been 9lbs 6ozs (funny how she was "too big" though).

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
Old 01-08-2009, 12:45 AM

Hee hee...you can borrow my baby for a couple of days--he's good incentive for birth control!
Old 01-08-2009, 01:55 AM

Yeah, well I might be right with you ladies!

Absolutely LOVE the babe, and enjoying all of it so much. So far the only problem I have has been a plugged duct...which I mainly blame DH for (long story...the dude MADE me go out and do the shopping I didn't want to do).

I don't know how many more I can get out of DH though.... But #4 looks just like him...so I think that might be an incentive in a way. Plus, since it was a boy WOW. The funny thing is, only three years ago DH claimed he didn't think he could 'make boys' now two boys in a row!

I think the end product makes up for all the stress while pregnant!

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

Old 01-08-2009, 04:59 AM

The only thing I really wish for is to get to have another VBAC. My VBAC was so great. *sigh* And I'm a little sad that my little girl will never get to have a sister. I have three, and I think they're the greatest thing ever!

But three kids is really more than enough for me. I have a lot of plans for my life, and I'm not that great at managing the kids I do have.

I'm enjoying my last newborn more than I really expected to, but not really feeling the baby-lust yet. Probably at some point I'll get there, in all realism. However, my tubes are tied, so when/if it happens, I'm "safe." Heh.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:53 AM

I hear you. I got very weepy the other day thinking that Lucien would be my LAST newborn. Maybe one more... we'll see.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:31 PM

I want another one too, if I didn't have to be pg for a full 9 months, I would do it right now. I want to feel another baby being pushed out of me...that was so much fun.

User Tag List