size 3 diapers already? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 02-13-2009, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
size 2 was over and gone just as soon as it arrived. We've been in size 3 for a week now and we've already gone from overlapping flaps to and half inch between flaps. Whats the deal? Do I just have an odd shaped baby or something? He isn't overly pudgy. He was born on the dec 2nd at 7lbs 12oz, went down to abut 7lb 4oz and is now 14lbs.

what size diaps are the rest of the babies around here?

~TRACY, wife to loving dh, mommy to dd (10/05), ds(12/08), 3 kitties, & 2 pups.
#2 of 12 Old 02-13-2009, 05:38 PM

What kind of diapers are you using? My 14mos old is 21lbs and wears a size 3. She weighed 8lbs8oz at birth.

me-45, DH-46, ds1-23, ds2-18, dd1-17, dd2-14, dd3-4....hoping for #6.....

#3 of 12 Old 02-13-2009, 05:47 PM

We're still using up a box of sized 1-2 Costco brand diapers. He has been wearing these pretty much since birth. I bought one package of newborn diapers, but only made it halfway through before I stopped using them. My babies have generally gone to size 3 fairly early b/c all mine have been over 9.5 lbs at birth. However, my second child outgrew size 3 last fall so he was in there for about 1.5 years.

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
#4 of 12 Old 02-13-2009, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by THANKFULFORFIVE View Post
What kind of diapers are you using? My 14mos old is 21lbs and wears a size 3. She weighed 8lbs8oz at birth.
I recently switched from the Parents Choice brand at Wal Mart to the slightly more expenisve (but still cheap) White Cloud brand at Wal Mart. I much prefer the closure flaps on the white clouds so I made the switch. I HATE pampers and will never use those again (same stupid issues with both dd and ds in those), and I don't care for huggies either. I want to keep making the cheap diapers work so I hope this isn't an issue of improper fit.

#5 of 12 Old 02-13-2009, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrum97 View Post
We're still using up a box of sized 1-2 Costco brand diapers. He has been wearing these pretty much since birth. I bought one package of newborn diapers, but only made it halfway through before I stopped using them. My babies have generally gone to size 3 fairly early b/c all mine have been over 9.5 lbs at birth. However, my second child outgrew size 3 last fall so he was in there for about 1.5 years.
hmmm, it just seemed like we used sizes for much longer with dd before she outgrew them. I tried to use up some of the size 2 diaps we had left over earlier this week but, EVERY single one of them leaked. Not to mention that they were all slipping down under his behind and didnt make it near his belly button in the front. When he stretched his legs really hard it would just about come right off!

#6 of 12 Old 02-13-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FondestBianca View Post
I recently switched from the Parents Choice brand at Wal Mart to the slightly more expenisve (but still cheap) White Cloud brand at Wal Mart. I much prefer the closure flaps on the white clouds so I made the switch. I HATE pampers and will never use those again (same stupid issues with both dd and ds in those), and I don't care for huggies either. I want to keep making the cheap diapers work so I hope this isn't an issue of improper fit.
bear with me, nak

We've been using Luvs & DS is in size 2 now. Born 1/4, he's 13 lbs now (was 10 lbs 4 oz at birth). I can't use the "cheaper" brands ie white cloud etc. All my kids reacted to them, not sure but they may have had a latex derivative in them.

I started using prefolds with ds today! I was all excited and dh looked at me like I was nuts "they're just diapers" lol.
#7 of 12 Old 02-13-2009, 10:55 PM

I'm thinking it has to do with shape. We mostly use cloth but I have some sposies on hand for lengthy trips outside the house (she fusses an insanely when she pees in a cloth dipe). Mine can still fit in the newborn dipes although at 12lbs she's not tiny. She has a big tummy, but a tiny little hip area and pretty slim legs so the small ones still fit.

New mommy 12/12/08.  Living and working in the Pacific Northwest. 
Currently growing number two!
5+++1sttri.gif10----15----20----25----30----35----40
#8 of 12 Old 02-14-2009, 02:15 AM

Size 2 Huggies here. He was 9lb 2oz @ birth. I'm not sure what he weighs now, we are going to DR Mon.
#9 of 12 Old 02-16-2009, 01:24 AM

DS is in size 1 still, but will be shortly outgrowing them, I think. We usually use Parent's Choice as well, but since the store has Pampers on sale for the same price as their store brand, we've been using Pampers. DS never fit in NB dipes :P

sleeping.gifMama to DD dust.gif(12.2005), DS1 sleepytime.gif (01.2009), DS2 babyboy.gif (04.28.2013) with DH heartbeat.gif04.10.13!!heartbeat.gif namaste.gif

#10 of 12 Old 02-16-2009, 06:45 PM

We are just moving into the size two's now, and Dory weighs close to 14 pounds. However, I remember J. was always a size ahead of his actual weight in diapers, it was just the way he was shaped, and its possible he was in size three's by this age, though he certainly was by the time he was this weight. If it helps to know, he stayed in size three's for a very long time.
#11 of 12 Old 02-16-2009, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

I switched back to the brand I had been using (they just got a new stretchy closure strap so the brand I've been using doesn't have anything over the old brand anymore) and got the size 3. Yup, no way he could go back to size 2. He's had an issue with them slipping off of his booty. Probably because he has my backside... or lack there of. My pants fall off of my butt so I guess I shouldn't expect in better for my kid!

Hopefully these new diapers will fit better. The old brand fit the waist but was too big in the leg and leaked. The new pack I just bought is smaller in the leg so hopefully no problems with these. They are supposed to go from 16lbs to 28lbs so even if he is out of them by 24lbs that should be quite awhile.... hopefully!

#12 of 12 Old 02-17-2009, 12:13 AM

Ds is 9 weeks, 16 pounds and wears a size 2 in white cloud.

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page