Holy chubs Batman! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-17-2009, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2 month checkup was today, drumroll please...14 LBS! 23 3/4 in long, 16 in head. Everything perfectly normal. My DR wasn't there today so we had to see another DR in the office...:. Me no likey. He tried and tried to get me to listen to him about Vax and how it's been tested and tested that all shots at the same time are OK. I am SO proud of myself... I didn't give in! In the past, I thought that other people 'knew' better than me and gave in. BUT NOT THIS TIME!!!! Pat on my back!

Anyhow...we only did 2 of the 4 shots. And the RN was perfectly fine with it. YAY! Evan however HATED it. I hate that it hurts him so bad. He's been sleeping and eating(other than the bottle he threw up abot an hour ago...upset tummy.) But other than that he is doing great!

So how big are your LO's getting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2009, 12:37 AM

Wow!!

I have no idea how big he is. His 2 month appt. is next Thursday. I'd guess about 13 lbs. He is not chubby though, he is all length.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:54 AM

Mine was 5.9 kilos (13 lbs) at her 2 month check up. She jumped up to the next growth curve... which is just as well as she was a bit behind her growth curve at the 1 month check up. I guess it is normal for babies to jump around a bit? It appears to be all noggin and belly!

New mommy 12/12/08.  Living and working in the Pacific Northwest. 
Currently growing number two!
5+++1sttri.gif10----15----20----25----30----35----40
Old 02-18-2009, 01:58 AM

Hey, we had our LOs on the same day and now they are the same weight! We had our two-month visit (actually it was our first visit) yesterday as well. Yeah, I don't remember Ethan's length but it was off the chart. There may have been a fold in the paper she used to measure him on though. Yay for chubby babies! :

DS 7 ~ DS 3

Old 02-18-2009, 01:46 PM

Odin had his 2-month checkup yesterday and he weighed 12-12, which is his birthday too.

He was average height and had a huge head, but I can't remember those numbers.

The doctor was totally impressed with how strong and steady he is, and how he has (some) control of his hands. It really does look kind of impressive when a tiny little baby can pick up a head as big as Odin's. Babies are so funny-looking.

Edited to add that he did get one vax but handled it fine so far. I was a little worried, because this is the one my big kid had a red rash on his leg from for four days, but fortunately nothing happened to O.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:37 PM

We had our 2 month today. Not so much fun! I was freaked out beforehand and she cried the whole time, so I was dripping with sweat by the time we left (TMI?). We didn't get any vaccines, but they're on my mind (see my other thread about pertussis).

Anyway, she's 10 lbs 6 oz - but she seems so big to me! And 23 1/4 inches long. She's 25% for weight and 75% for height - exactly the same as brother at that age.

NICOLE | Natural livin', co-sleepin', mostly vegan, work at home mama to N (7) and L (2)
Old 02-22-2009, 11:56 PM

Nicole

I wanted to jump in b/c when I first read this thread I was super envious of your bouncing babies. Evangeline is on the small side BUT she made it to 11 lbs :::: We are thrilled with this number b/c many of the problems associated with GERD start to lessen in intensity when the baby hits 11 lbs. I am so excited!

It was funny b/c we--DH, me, and the baby nurse--were shrieking we were so excited. WE've been doing weight checks every two weeks so the baby nurse has been as wrapped up in EVangeline's weight gain as we have

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:29 AM

hello y'all! I just popped back into the December thread to check in. Zoe is 6 weeks old now. She weighs 11#6oz now! I seem to make good milk

... but she's driving us crazy with colic-crying at night. overall, good baby

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
Old 02-24-2009, 03:27 PM

Malachi had his 2 week check-up (four weeks late.....) yesterday. He weighs 10 pounds, 8 ounces and is 23 7/8 inches tall. In two weeks, he has his 2 month check up.

sleeping.gifMama to DD dust.gif(12.2005), DS1 sleepytime.gif (01.2009), DS2 babyboy.gif (04.28.2013) with DH heartbeat.gif04.10.13!!heartbeat.gif namaste.gif

Old 02-24-2009, 10:01 PM

Good for you for not giving in! I've been there and they really try to make you feel like a negligent parent some times!

Ds is 10 weeks and just went to the doc- 17 lbs and 25.5 inches, he's a monster to carry around! A cute loveable cuddly giant baby! He's already rolling over and he 'talks' constantly- I feel like we totally missed the newborn stage!

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

Old 02-25-2009, 01:55 PM

We had our 2 month appt. yesterday and Aya is 12.12 :

I love reading how big our babes have gotten! And today is dd1's 3rd bday
Old 02-25-2009, 03:26 PM

I took my boys to the dr. yesterday and just had them weigh dd. She was 4 months old yesterday and is 11 lbs 7 oz.

User Tag List