Hip Pain - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-12-2009, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is anyone else still having hip pain like when they were pregnant? Particularly while they sleep?

When I sleep at night I have to sleep on my side to feed my LO, he fusses if I turn on my back, but I end up rolling from side to side throughout the night because one hip will hurt so bad I have to move to the other one and then back again. Today it's 11am and my hips still hurt from last night.

Harmony; fly-by-nursing2.gifslingtwin.giffamilybed2.gifcd.giftreehugger.gifblogging.jpg to DH and first time Mom to Xander! 12/24/2008babyf.gif and Oliver 11/3/10 babyf.gif
#2 of 6 Old 03-12-2009, 04:13 PM

Do you mean the sciatica nerve pain? I still have that.

S-d D which made them three. M grew lonely, and now there's baby D.
"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
#3 of 6 Old 03-12-2009, 04:18 PM

My hips still ache and I was told while pg that it was sciatica (referred pain). It's not as bad as it was while I was pg though.
#4 of 6 Old 03-12-2009, 06:26 PM

nak-hope I don't leave typos, lol.

When I was deliverig DD1, the nurses kept pushing my legs back. Ignoring my cries, the partially dislocated my right hip:. It popped back in after I delivered DD3. I had sciatica with DD3 & DS, so I can relate to both the nerve & joint pains! I've lost 30 lbs since delivery so the sciatica isn't as bad now. I'm hoping when I lose the last 20 I wanna lose, it'll be gone for good!
#5 of 6 Old 03-12-2009, 09:23 PM

I think I know what you are talking about, hotharmony. I don't think it's sciatica, but just sore hip joints from the pressure of laying on your side for awhile. Boy was it bad when I was pregnant (from sleeping on my side). When DS sleeps with me, I sleep on my side facing him and don't move until he stirs or wakes. And now the hip pain is back - same exact pain. At night, it gets better when I roll on my back or to the other side, but if I sleep on one side too long that one will be stiff and sore the next day.

Marine ecologist wife to my kite-boarding soulmate and now a SAHM to Annabelle 8/02, 3 , and finally Willem 12/21/08!
#6 of 6 Old 03-14-2009, 12:29 PM

I don't have the kind during pregnancy, when it aches after I've been in one position for a while, but I do have some other hip pain since Odin was born. If I try to move my right leg outward, away from the centerline of my body, I get this mild, slightly painful pulling sensation. I'm sure it's from his awkward positioning at the end of pregnancy. *sigh* It's getting better, but not quite gone yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page