Anyone else nesting already? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-06-2008, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't normally ever nest But all the sudden, I feel the need to systematically clean every last inch of my house. I mean I started with the laundry room I'm cleaning carpets and baseboards and...Well, lets just say I'm scaring DH with my out of character cleaning SO anyone else gotten a cleaning bug? And can I tell you how not fun it is to be inspired to deep clean in the midst of fits of extreme nausea Apparently, its clean, wanna puke, clean, wanna puke, on permanent repeat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2008, 09:06 PM

Not at all. I wish I was. My house is a huge pit and I am having a playgroup on Tues and need to clean but lack the motovation to do so. Hey want to come clean my house????
Old 04-06-2008, 10:36 PM

Maybe I have the nesting bug a bit...we are having troubles litter training our cat's kittens. The kittens are ready to go to new homes, so we are looking for them homes. But in the meantime, I've got to go around cleaning up after them, and finally today I scrubbed the whole carpet by hand trying to keep it from stinking.

Talk about scrub/wanna puke/scrub...ugh. So I really hope we can find homes for them very very soon.

I did overdo it today, now I'm feeling a little bit crampy with a back ache, no spotting tho.

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter

DS's room had the pee smell - Obstinate PLer who decides often to pee in random objects in his room. I got in there and scrubbed his carpets too in hopes of removing the smell.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:15 AM

Lol I know my fiance is freeked that I am already on a cleaning trip. We are deep cleaning, getting rid of things and repainting/repairing walls. lol We havn't yet gotten much acomplished but I have already started and plan on painting in the next week or so.

Oregon : mom x's 4 DS 1995 DD : 2005 DD2 2006 DD3 2008 hopeful future : Also full time college mom!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:31 AM

I really don't like to take the time to clean but yep, I've started cleaning. My house needs a good spring cleaning anyway. I am hoping that we'll be buying a house in the next several months too.

Mama to two kiddos on the go!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:32 PM

Yep! My house is in the beginning of the process of getting a major organizational/de-cluttering overhaul!
It's long overdue, and this pg is kicking my rear into gear.

I want to homeschool DD for 1st grade this year, and I KNOW that I can't do it with how disorganized my life currently is, so....here we go!

It does help that it's starting to finally look like spring (except for the snow we had yesterday ).

I love hearing the birds singing in the morning! :
Old 04-07-2008, 10:38 PM

Please send the cold weather down. I am sick of the 80 degree weather down here. I also have been cleaning things a lot and somewhat nesting.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:21 PM

No, but I think my husband is nesting.

Saturday, he organized two closets, and today he did the laundry. He was greatly rewarded.

Jakob 10/12/2005...He thinks he's
Mollie 12/8/2008....Pure sweetness
Old 04-07-2008, 11:43 PM

This is our first and obviously we're not due for a very long time, but I already want to buy everything. What am I going to do for the next 6 months?

I'm busy researching the best CD's etc. Any suggestions for newbie CDers? Husband not entirely convinced.

Lea RN, Wife to Josh (5 years), Mama to DS1 (19 mos)
Old 04-08-2008, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

Poly: Amen to that! I could use some cool weather here in FL!!

LeaAline: I'll post a whole thread so you can get lots of info
Old 04-08-2008, 02:01 AM

I always do tons of nesting in the beginning and then I "direct" nesting at the end. I usually have hyperemesis so I basically am in bed throwing up for 9 months. I start going crazy when the test is positive....I made 2 batches of extra meatballs with dinner tonight. I only have about 2-3 weeks before I start puking 70 times a day.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschifo View Post
No, but I think my husband is nesting.

Saturday, he organized two closets, and today he did the laundry. He was greatly rewarded.
I am not at all nesting, but wish I were. In fact, I'd love to have the impetus to get off of the couch as I am so tired.

I like the idea of the husband nesting...maybe I can convince DH that it's normal to nest and if he's not nesting then something must be wrong

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:33 PM

Wanna be nester here!!!! Or sort of nesting!!! Or just keeping up with homemaking makery! I love to clean and organize so being pg is right up my alley when it comes to nesting!!! Anyway too tired/sick to do much!

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

Old 04-09-2008, 06:11 PM

Not nesting, but the house sure could use a good cleaning, and there are a few painting jobs that need to get done! (We moved last December, haven't finished painting yet.)

I'm not going to buy anything (other than books) for a while. I kind of want to see how *little* we can get away with. We just got finished buying some needed furniture, so neither of us wants to go furniture shopping for a long time!

User Tag List