Did you suspect you were pregnant this month? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-07-2008, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, so we started TTC in January. I did NOT think that this was the month I was pregnant. In fact, I did not have a discernible BBD spike at all so I thought I hadn't ovulated. I then away for spring break (I'm in higher ed; I promise I don't still go to Lauderdale as an adult) and got so sick with the flu; my fever was ridiculously high. After we returned my BBD was staying at 98.2-98.4 at the morning check. I just kept waiting for AF but it never came. I was really tentative about being excited, though, b/c I was convinced that something was just "off" with my cycle.

SO, I am super super thrilled and really surprised, too.

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2008, 07:23 PM

Half of me thought I was, the other half really thought I wasn't. This was our first time trying and I never thought I'd be this blessed! I really had no idea!

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

Old 04-07-2008, 08:37 PM

You know it's a funny thing. As a POAS addict such as myself, I have known every time I have really been pregnant, even before the . Even with this pregnancy, I took a test in the am and bfn, then on a whim I took the second test (of the day) and low and behold, a bfp, faint but there. Wehn I got the bfn I thought, "weird, I could swear I am pregnant" even though I had no symptoms, and still don't, what-so-ever. So I guess that intuition thing is something hey!!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:11 PM

This is my 5 pg and the for all of them I got Pg the month I didn't think it was going to happen. Isn't that funny how that happens
Old 04-07-2008, 09:14 PM

*Breaks into maniacal laughter*

Ahem. No.

Not a freakin clue! I was charting (just temping), and we were TTA.
I am as regular as a clock, o on CD 18, 11 day luteal phase.

The last time we dtd was 7 (yep, seven) days before I o'd. I only took a test because I was contemplating playing an April Fools' joke on my mom/sis/sil. I wasn't actually going to do it, but had already gotten the idea of testing in my head.

I actually tried to talk myself out of it because I thought I would be wasting a test, but I am such a poas addict that I just had to.

DD and DS1 were at school, DS2 was in the bathroom with me (of course!), and I totally flipped out when I saw the test line come up right away.

I kept thinking that it must be the control line and I was just reading it wrong, but when the second line came up (the real control line) I realized that it didn't matter which line was which, there were TWO LINES!!!

I called DH as soon as I stopped hyperventilating and was freaking out!

I always wanted to have the experience of having a total surprise pg, but truly never expected one since I chart.

So, we're very happy, a little nervous, and extremely surprised!

Hope you enjoyed the novel
Old 04-08-2008, 12:13 PM

I tested on the day I missed and just new it would be poss. It wasn't. So I waited 2 more days still negative. I was planing on waiting 5 days and testing that way I woundn't waist any more money. I gave in on 3 days and bought a 3 pack of tests. Sure enough the first one was possitive. I just knew this time. I kept telling my husband and friend that I really thought I was. It was just this thing I knew.

Married to a WONDERFUL man, SAHM of Israel 9(b) , Ireland 5(g) , Iceland 4(b),  Italy 2(g), Scoltand 9 m(g), and pregnant with baby #6

Old 04-08-2008, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

It took four hpts to confirm what I had started to supsect as my temperature stayed steadily high and AF still didn't show up.

Those negatives are so annoying b/c then you wonder, "If I am NOT pregnant then WHAT is going on?!"

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:50 PM

I *totally* knew I was pg this month. My Breasts ALWAYS change RIGHT away, so for me I think 5days b4 my missed period I knew. The classic nipple darkening, and sensitivity. I Just knew right away, bt was praying af stayed away. Then on a whim after 3 sleepless nights I just had to test. I did and sure enough a nice dark line right away.

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

Old 04-11-2008, 08:54 AM

Nope, no clue! I have had a bad cold for the last week, so I thought the nausea, food aversions, exhaustion, and bloating was from the mucus drainage and sinus infection. Boy, was I wrong!

Of all the EPTs I've taken in the last year, this one was more of a "well, i'm bored, and this is like a little bit of hope". I had been charting for 17 days with no spike, and now I know why. Quite the surprise! And DH was about to give a presentation at a conference across the country, so I called him right before and really freaked him out. Much fun!
Old 04-13-2008, 05:28 AM

I didn't know until after.

I was charting so I know when I conceived.....on day 25! (I wasn't temping or ferning.....I lost them......oh well)

I knew 2 days later when I had a dream and then started having cravings.
I tried to be in denial but once I was 1 day late....I tested. It was a BFP before I finished pulling up my pants. LOL
Old 04-13-2008, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish11 View Post
Those negatives are so annoying b/c then you wonder, "If I am NOT pregnant then WHAT is going on?!"
That was soooo me!!! As a matter of fact, a couple of hours before I took my third pg test I was pondering whether I was going into perimenopause!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiedee View Post
Nope, no clue! I have had a bad cold for the last week, so I thought the nausea, food aversions, exhaustion, and bloating was from the mucus drainage and sinus infection. Boy, was I wrong!
Bingo!!! That was actually the reason that I took the test because I was about to take some cold medication before bed and I thought, "well, I better POAS to make sure that I am not pg" and then there it was!!!

The next morning I POAS again and then twice again in the afternoon...all coming back BFP!!!
Old 04-13-2008, 10:11 AM

Yeah, since I was charting, I was 100% sure I *wasn't* pregnant and took Benadryl and Mucinex, and now I am terrified, because 2 ingredients in Mucinex are category C. My MW friend told me not to worry about it, but I can't help it.

It's funny-- in my last pregnancy, I had 1/2 a glass of wine and some swordfish before the BFP, so I knew I was going to have a damaged baby. This time, I had 2 margaritas, 4 glasses of wine, and 2 cold medicines, but we're just not as worried. Although I do feel like an idiot. If I had just shown someone my chart, they could have easily told me what was going on. But noooo--- no spikes = not pregnant. I iz a idiot.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Well, we are both stupid then b/c I had no ovulation spike either and started to freak out about perimenopause too In fact, so convinced was I that I drank a glass of wine and took OPIUM tincture to finally relieve my flu symptoms so I could fly home from Atlanta where we were visiting family. I am not worried either as I have read that a few transgressions would affect your pregnancy "sticking" but you don't have much to worry about in terms of baby's health once born.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:56 PM

Interesting -- I have the mother of all colds. I got one at the very beginning of my last pregnancy, too. I wonder if there's a connection?

Anyway, we had an "oops" so I was kind of paranoid about getting pregnant (we were not TTC ) so I tested and it was BFN. I thought I could see the faintest shadow of a second line, so I tested again with FMU, still BFN. I heaved a sigh of relief and figured my mind was playing tricks on me. A week later, still no AF, I get a terrible cold, and I'm thinking to myself, wow, the last time I was this sick was when I was pregnant with DS#2... So I tested again, and low and behold, BFP. :
Old 04-13-2008, 07:17 PM

Well normally I can tell whe my body ovulates this month I couldn't, i knew I was supossed to get AF last month it was like 10pm. So I hadn't been thinking about it even though I was on the every other nigt plan.

I was acting pmsy and I had a really bad headache 2 days before so I even told dh I was going to get my period the next day.

I finally got a good night sleep so I woke up early went pee did my things. DH went to work and I thought "hey, I should test" Mind you I had gone to pee 20 before so it wasn't 5 sec but low and behold a VERY faint line appeared. I squinted, took my glasses off squinted again rubbed the window ( ugh maybe b/c I thought the line would go away who knows?)

Called my sis no answer Why oh why did she decide to have a life???

Called my friend Maggie he said I should drink a bunch of water and see if the line got darker. So I chugged a bunch of water but the line didn't change.

The next morning I took a digital and it said pregnant::
Old 04-13-2008, 09:00 PM

I had a dream at 7 DPO that I was due that day and kept wondering why I wasn't going into labor (DD was born on her due date) and figured out that it was because I was planning a birth center birth and I really wanted to have a homebirth...so in my dream I found a midwife at the last minute and had a homebirth 4 days after my EDD. It'll be interesting to see if the baby shows up 4 days "late"! Anyhow, from that I thought I was probably pregnant although I originally thought there was no chance as we DTD only once, the day I O'd, but my cervix had already dropped so I figured it was too late.

I also had heartburn and round ligament pain before AF was due, and I always get heartburn before AF is due when I'm pregnant. Although I tested at 13 DPO and got a BFN....then tested again at 16 DPO and got a faint BFP.

I have "known" every time I was pregnant (even the surprise pregnancy), and "known" every time we were TTC when I wasn't pregnant, even though I always hoped.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:46 PM

I had a feeling I would get pregnant this month before I even ovulated. We weren't trying...I guess I just really wanted to be pg. DH's birthday was in March and we sort of threw caution to the wind that day so now we're calling this baby his birthday present.

I've felt pg since very early on, sooo many symptoms plus a feeling of quiet contentment about it. Normally if I had any reason to suspect I could possibly be pregnant I'd be freaking out and testing at like 6 dpo. I'm not 100% sure when I ovulated but I think I was already past 4 weeks when I finally decided to test and make it official.

I had that "I just know" feeling with my son, was completely surprised with my daughter, and just knew this time. So maybe it's a boy?

User Tag List