So who's planning to CD? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 04-14-2008, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got into CDing late in the game -- I've only been doing it for nine months or so, working on figuring out what I like and what does and doesn't work for us. I'm lucky to have found a bunch of local moms who have tons of experience. I'm looking forward to itty bitty newborn diapers!
#32 of 36 Old 04-14-2008, 10:46 AM

I CD'd ds2 from birth until about two weeks ago when all-day sickness just got the better of me. I'm hoping when I'm out of the first trimester, we can go back. (In a dream world, he'll start using the potty, but I'm not holding my breath. )

With him, I used pre-folds and Bummis or handknit soakers for the earliest days. I'll probably use the same this time. Then I started using FBs when he got bigger. My whole stash is FBs.
#33 of 36 Old 04-16-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motherto4 View Post
Are wool covers knitted or are they made out of wool fabric? I am busy making a bunch of fitted diapers for my son and finding it difficult to keep his clothes dry with fleece covers. I'm going to make some PUL covers but I jsut want to try everything befor the baby arrives in Dec so that I have enough made for the baby as well.
I make and sell knit and crochet wool covers. You can also buy wool interlock which is soft and a lot of people cut up old wool sweaters and turn them into covers too! PM me if you want more info!
#34 of 36 Old 04-16-2008, 10:53 PM

I'm planning on it... but as this is my first I don't know where to start. In fact I'm so dense on the lingo, I can't even understand this thread!! I guess I have 7 1/2 months to figure it out!!

New mommy 12/12/08.  Living and working in the Pacific Northwest. 
Currently growing number two!
5+++1sttri.gif10----15----20----25----30----35----40
#35 of 36 Old 04-17-2008, 09:05 AM

I CDed/ECed my last two. I'm sure we will EC to some extent but I have no clue about cloth (did I mention I'm feeling very uncrunchy right now. The thought of all that extra laundry is making me cringe. Of course I'm so tired right now I can barely move I do have a HUGE bin in my basement of all prefolds, joey/ducky bunz, and random other stuffers. So all I really need is a few covers.........
#36 of 36 Old 04-18-2008, 12:46 PM

I have to say that laundry is my least favorite thing to do around here. And we live with a laundry mountain most of the time. I just cannot get out from under it. Diaper laundry, however, is my favorite. So easy. We use mostly prefolds and bummis covers. I have a few fuzzibunz. I put them all in a pail. I don't rinse or shake (unless there's a completely solid poop that will just fall off). Then, I empty the pail into the washer, run a rinse/spin cycle. Then wash on a hot/cold cycle with a tad of detergent. Then throw in the dryer. I have a wicker basket for diapers and one for covers on the changing table. I usually just throw diapers in their basket and covers in theirs. If I'm in the mood, I fold them and stack nicely, if not, I don't. And you can't tell just looking at the changing table. I love how easy it is.
In the newborn stage, we have some kissaluvs size 0, which I like a lot. I also have some re'uzm all-in-ones and some newborn prefolds. After that we have infant prefolds and small bummis, with a few fuzzibunz. I would like more fuzzibunz for the diaper bag, as I really prefer these when out and about, but it's just cause they're a bit more compact. Bummis are really the only covers I like. I think I have some NB proraps and maybe even some wool I'll be looking to part with at some point.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page