did you tell anyone yet? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 04-09-2008, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my DH and i found out only this morning via the 2 red lines!

I think I'm still in shock, even though -- there was nothing stopping us from having this 2nd little one!

so... I"m not sure when to tell our parents. my DH has been asking me 10 times if he can call them yet. what are you all doing?
#2 of 15 Old 04-09-2008, 08:56 AM

We told the kids and they have been spilling the beans to everyone
#3 of 15 Old 04-09-2008, 10:11 AM

I'm waiting until I hear the heartbeat. I've only told a friend at work who was my TTC mentor, my best friend who is currently pregnant and has treated me as her confidante, and my acupuncturist I like having a cool secret with my DH.

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#4 of 15 Old 04-09-2008, 01:54 PM

I have told all my friends and my oldest daughter but NO FAMILY. They will just be too negative.
#5 of 15 Old 04-09-2008, 02:13 PM

I've told my side of the family (they don't live around here), and my best friend.

Not sure when we will be telling DH's family (who all live here), but we aren't going to be telling the kids or other people till probably 12 weeks.
#6 of 15 Old 04-09-2008, 03:49 PM

We found out Sunday morning and called my parents before church and his parents in the afternoon and siblings in the evening, and then shared it with friends online that night. Haven't told anyone in person yet :-p I think we'll wait till after we get past the point where we miscarried with the last one.

Stay at home mom to three little boys born 6-06, 12-08, and 4-11.
#7 of 15 Old 04-09-2008, 04:39 PM

We found out this morning and I couldn't keep it from my officemate, or from a good friend at work (I was actually avoiding her b/c I knew I wouldn't be able to hold it in, but she turned up like a lucky penny!).

And my primary care provider knows too

We will probably tell our parents this Sunday, as we'll be seeing mine in person and DH's via webcam. Plus my sister. Everyone else, though, I want to wait until we hear a heartbeat.

That's why I got on here -- had to tell SOMEONE!
#8 of 15 Old 04-09-2008, 05:00 PM

The only people that know other then online is my 2 best friends IRL. My oldest doesn't even know neither does either family. I don't know when yet we are going to tell them but I am thinking the longer we wait the better lol. I don't want to have to deal with all the negativaty either. I can see it now! My family and me : lol they think I am going to base how many kids I have on what thier idea of my family size should be. uh huh not happening. If I could move away, out of state I would in a heartbeat!

Oregon : mom x's 4 DS 1995 DD : 2005 DD2 2006 DD3 2008 hopeful future : Also full time college mom!
#9 of 15 Old 04-09-2008, 08:27 PM

Almost everyone here knows except my family and part of his family.
#10 of 15 Old 04-09-2008, 08:42 PM

I've told my bosses, and my one best friend who had a baby in Nov. No one else yet.. I'm still scared I'll lose the baby, and I want to tell our families in person.
#11 of 15 Old 04-10-2008, 04:47 PM

Ok, so I'm about three hours past BFP.... I've told my online buddies, my mom and that's it! I want to tell DH in person and our son has a Big Brother In Training shirt I want to put on him as my way of telling DH!

We had a miscarriage in January so we won't tell anyone for a while. I'm going for Beta tests tomorrow morning to my reproductive endocrinologist. I'll be monitored closely in the first trimester since I had fertility treatments(well, just one) to get pregnant.

With the miscarriage, we did only tell family but I still hated having to tell people when we lost it. So we're sticking to my parents only, no siblings and we're not telling his family until we're at least 4 months. They're not the nicest of people.....
#12 of 15 Old 04-10-2008, 08:40 PM

hi everyone! this is my first time on a forum. i just found out im pregnant two days ago. i got pregnant a couple of months ago, in february, and miscarried right at six weeks. i got pregnant again pretty much right after, i didn't have a full cycle after. so now i'm not sure about my dates, but i think im due in december, maybe late november. regardless, i'm happy to have found this group.

Because of the previous miscarriage, myself and my partner are waiting to tell anyone. i have told my best friend via msn messenger because we are overseas at the moment. we decided that we will wait one more month to the day of when we found out to tell people.

i don't think its really sunk in for either of us yet. its hard to believe because of the previous miscarriage, but i definitely am starting to get excited!
#13 of 15 Old 04-11-2008, 02:48 AM

Told my parenting group friends and my DH. And two other friends... But that's it. My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage, so I'm a little gun-shy. That, and this pregnancy wasn't exactly planned, so I'm sure we're in for some rude comments from family members.
#14 of 15 Old 04-11-2008, 04:02 AM

some of you have mentioned that you may get rude comments from family members when they find out that you are pregnant. i am curious why? I never even thought about this as a worry or concern...maybe i should?!!
#15 of 15 Old 04-11-2008, 07:04 AM

We told almost all of my family so far, and one of my friends.

My husband hasn't told his family yet, but he's told a few of his closest friends. One of them found out by accident. When I called my dh at work to tell him the news I was loud and his phone was cranked up so his buddy overheard. Oh, well. The fellow was excited to know the news, bc his wife is due in November. Now he and my husband feel like they have a secret dad club at work.

Enjoying the adventure of NFL with my partner-in-crime , DD 03.09 , , &

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page