First Prenatal - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 04-16-2008, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
10-12 weeks.

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 37 Old 04-17-2008, 12:41 AM

I haven't called yet. Didn't till 12 weeks last time. Guess I should make sure they aren't taking a vacation that month or anything though :-p

Stay at home mom to three little boys born 6-06, 12-08, and 4-11.
#33 of 37 Old 04-17-2008, 12:14 PM

Likely be around 12 weeks.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#34 of 37 Old 04-17-2008, 01:22 PM

Just made an appointment for around 8 weeks. My regular doctor is totally booked 'til June, so I agreed to see the new ob-gyn at the practice. Dr. M was just telling me earlier this week how great she is, so I'm sure it will be all right. The first visit is mostly just tests to make sure everything's OK and a chance to ask questions, anyway.

I did kind of want to see Dr. M, though, because when I saw her just 3 days ago she wrote me a bunch of prescriptions for fertility drugs. We'd been trying for 14 mos. with no luck. It figures that after I'd finally given up would be when I got pregnant! Guess I'll be tearing up those prescriptions.

Mom of 2 boys: D-Mac (Feb 06) and Ducky (Dec 08)
#35 of 37 Old 04-17-2008, 05:29 PM

I'll probably go around 8 or 9 weeks, but simply b/c I'm then leaving the country for 2 months, and I want a dating U/S before I go to confirm my dates (ovulation was a bit wonky last cycle). Then I won't go again till around 18 weeks or so (when I return to the U.S.).
#36 of 37 Old 04-17-2008, 05:43 PM

I have a blood work appointment at 9 weeks and then the first ob-gyn appointment at 11 weeks. Part of me really wishes it was sooner--but really, what would they do sooner anyway? Maybe I just want something besides a little stick with two lines telling me that I'm pregnant?
#37 of 37 Old 04-17-2008, 05:43 PM

I tell you, today has been the worst run-around of health care providers ever.

1. Had an appt. with old midwife practice today at 9:30. They called at 7:30 to cancel and reschedule for next Friday up a highway with an OB i've heard bad things about. I screeched. They rescheduled me for 1:30 with a non-delivering mw.

2. I requested an ultrasound to get an EDD, since my window of conception is Feb 25 - March 25. She said they are overbooked on u/s until next Friday. They have also decided not to deliver at my local hospital after this fall, so I would have to drive into downtown Atlanta. NO. I cancel everything with them out of sheer frustration.

3. I call new midwife, with whom I had planned to deliver in the long run but who had a longer wait. Request an earlier appointment, see if anyone has canceled for tomorrow. Receptionist is snippy and tells me to call back next Wednesday.

4. Call midwife on cell phone number provided by ICAN leader. She gets all my info and says u/s company will call me to schedule an ultrasound before Friday afternoon. Yay!

5. U/s company calls and schedules for next Tuesday up a horrible highway. Nothing earlier than Tuesday, and my mom has a doctor's appt that day and can't watch my toddler. Boo.

6. I am so upset, depressed, worried, hormonal, and feeling failed by the medical community.

7. I remember my cousin is the office manager for an OB in town. She gets me an appointment with her midwife TOMORROW for an exam and ultrasound 10 miles from my house. Yay!

So, there you have it. My saga to receive medical care. Since I am still nursing and haven't had a period, I don't know if i'm 6 weeks or 10 weeks along. No clue. So i'm freaked out, which is why the saga. I'm also scared of highways. I feel like a foolish nut, but by gosh, I am getting what I need.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page