We think green! Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Recovering from religion.
LIFEschooling. Extended NAKing. Graduated cloth diaperer.
Stay at home mom to three little boys born 6-06, 12-08, and 4-11.
Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!
I did kind of want to see Dr. M, though, because when I saw her just 3 days ago she wrote me a bunch of prescriptions for fertility drugs. We'd been trying for 14 mos. with no luck. It figures that after I'd finally given up would be when I got pregnant! Guess I'll be tearing up those prescriptions.
1. Had an appt. with old midwife practice today at 9:30. They called at 7:30 to cancel and reschedule for next Friday up a highway with an OB i've heard bad things about. I screeched. They rescheduled me for 1:30 with a non-delivering mw.
2. I requested an ultrasound to get an EDD, since my window of conception is Feb 25 - March 25. She said they are overbooked on u/s until next Friday. They have also decided not to deliver at my local hospital after this fall, so I would have to drive into downtown Atlanta. NO. I cancel everything with them out of sheer frustration.
3. I call new midwife, with whom I had planned to deliver in the long run but who had a longer wait. Request an earlier appointment, see if anyone has canceled for tomorrow. Receptionist is snippy and tells me to call back next Wednesday.
4. Call midwife on cell phone number provided by ICAN leader. She gets all my info and says u/s company will call me to schedule an ultrasound before Friday afternoon. Yay!
5. U/s company calls and schedules for next Tuesday up a horrible highway. Nothing earlier than Tuesday, and my mom has a doctor's appt that day and can't watch my toddler. Boo.
6. I am so upset, depressed, worried, hormonal, and feeling failed by the medical community.
7. I remember my cousin is the office manager for an OB in town. She gets me an appointment with her midwife TOMORROW for an exam and ultrasound 10 miles from my house. Yay!
So, there you have it. My saga to receive medical care. Since I am still nursing and haven't had a period, I don't know if i'm 6 weeks or 10 weeks along. No clue. So i'm freaked out, which is why the saga. I'm also scared of highways. I feel like a foolish nut, but by gosh, I am getting what I need.
|10 members and 8,525 guests|
|Chiara Muller 553 , katelove , KimberlyTheMom , Leelee3 , Lydia08 , MamaLeigh , Paula Hernando , sciencemum , StarsFall|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|