Progesterone Question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-13-2008, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that my doctor did a super early ultrasound - based on my LMP and came up with the diagnosis of possible ectopic. Today had a second ultrasound which revealed a normal.. but still early intrauterine pregnancy - yippee! I do however have what appears to be a corpus luteum cyst. The doctor suggested I take progesterone until my next visit, stating that it will shrink the cyst and generally support the pregnancy.

I remember that couple other people mentioned they were taking progesterone. Aside from the cost, do people have concerns about taking it? The doctor didn't seem very concerned about the cyst and from my internet research it didn't seem like a big deal... has anyone else had one of these?

Yes, I know I should be asking my doctor all this... I do... but we have an ever so slight language barrier. I really like her but she explains things with funny words sometimes!!

New mommy 12/12/08.  Living and working in the Pacific Northwest. 
Currently growing number two!
5+++1sttri.gif10----15----20----25----30----35----40
#2 of 3 Old 04-13-2008, 09:20 AM

Hi Terra! Good news on it not being ectopic!!! I don't have any experience with pro. but I did want to say that I am happy that your pregnancy is moving forward

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#3 of 3 Old 04-13-2008, 03:06 PM

I was on progesterone with my last PG and this one. The cost was not too bad for me. I am on 50 mg sapositories (sp?) 2 times a day and for like 80 it was only $73. The only thing I didn't like about it from the last time is that I had really bad morning sickness because of it. I guess all and all it wasn't so bad that I wouldn't do it again.....well wait I am doing it again My midwife said that the research shows that it can't hurt. Good luck

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page