Tentatively Joining - Pregnant after m/c - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-13-2008, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
So I am very tentatively joining. I had a miscarriage on March 11th at exactly 6 weeks. I was supposed to be due Nov 5th. It was a very traumatic experience emotionally but physically fairly easy. It seems like I conceived just 2 weeks later because I got a positive HPT the day after my period would have come if my cycle resumed normally. BUT, the day my period was supposed to start there was the tiniest bit of spotting (not actually spotting, I had to reach in to find a little blood on my cervix) - but I assumed my period would that day or the next. When it didn't, I took an HPT and it was positive. Since that, there's been no blood but I'm still super-nervous b/c the m/c also started with just a tiny amount of blood on my cervix - although developed into full bleeding within 24 hours.

So, if I am really pregnant (which it seems I am), then I will be 5 weeks on Tuesday and due December 16th. I would be thrilled to be pregnant again so quickly and am excited about a xmas baby. But I'm sooo nervous about this pregnancy and terrified of a miscarriage and trying not to get too excited. I"m not sure when I'll be able to really feel like I'm pregnant. Every day there's not blood I feel a little better. I think morning sickness would make me feel better. I know getting past 6 weeks (when I last m/c) would be a big hurdle and that's only 9 days away. If/when I can hear a heartbeat (8 weeks?) would probably really help.

Anyone else dealing with pregnancy after a m/c?

I'm 36 years old (just turned 36), have a wonderful about to be 9 year old daughter who would love to be a big sister and an amazing partner who is also a stepdad to my daughter - this would be his first biological child, but he's been raising my daughter with me since she was 4. If this pregnancy sticks, we will be doing a homebirth. Unfortunately, the amazing midwife we wanted is not available for my new due date - but she's recommended her good friend who I will be calling tomorrow to meet.

Thanks for listening - and I hope to be able to stick with you all through December.
Jen
#2 of 8 Old 04-13-2008, 05:17 PM

i'm right here with you. i had a miscarriage last summer and have been trying ever since. i got a positive hpt a few days ago and am cautiously optimistic. i'm trying really hard to enjoy this - even if it doesn't work out i'd really like to enjoy it while it lasts, although that is easier said than done. i am terrified that it will happen again. i'm going for a beta tomorrow and really hoping the numbers are high. good numbers would make me feel a lot more comfortable. so would more extreme symptoms. i keep thinking i'm having some but then wonder if it's wishful thinking.
#3 of 8 Old 04-13-2008, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I got a beta done too, but I guess I would need to get it done again to see if the numbers are rising. I know there's only so much I can do besides wait.

One thing I read, if it gives you any comfort, is that the chance of 2 miscarriages in a row is only 5%. That seemed strange to me given the high chance of miscarriage in general and seeing so many women here who've been through recurrent m/c's, but it was comforting.

Good luck!
#4 of 8 Old 04-13-2008, 05:43 PM

:::

Good Luck girls- I haven't m/c before but would feel so much better if I threw up
#5 of 8 Old 04-13-2008, 06:17 PM

(((Hugs))) I am going through the same thing. I had a mc on January 27th at 5wks. I was a wreck. I spotted the whole time. I'm pregnant again... 6w4d. I spotted for 2 day about a week and a half ago. Went to doctors office and had bloodwork done and an ultrasound. I thought for sure I was losing the baby. Nope. My numbers are rising and they saw a sac in the uterus. It was implantation bleeding.

I think I'm going to worry the whole pregnancy. I check my pad and tp for spotting everytime I go. However, I'm ablsolutely excited for this baby and I'm showing already... which surprised me.

Take it one day at a time and enjoy each moment. That's what I do.

Me (35) * DH (33) * DS (8) * (01/27/08) * DD (10 mos) * (06/26/10)
#6 of 8 Old 04-13-2008, 06:21 PM

Take a look at my siggy and ask me if I am not worried?!?!

FWIW, there is a Pregnancy after Loss thread that mamas who have experienced losses can go and freak out, lament and share in the tentative excitement.
#7 of 8 Old 04-13-2008, 07:56 PM

I miscarried in November at 6w6d...I'm 6w6d today. So far so good... I was really stressed about miscarrying again for the first week and half after I got the BFP, but I think I'm mostly at peace now. I realized that there was absolutely nothing I could do (except pray) to control whether I miscarried or not, so there wasn't much of a point in stressing about something that's entirely out of my control. I'm not thinking too much about being pregnant, either, though, not planning when/how to tell people or making birth plans or thinking about names or anything like that. I figure there will be plenty of time for joy & planning after we hear the heartbeat (which doesn't happen until 11-12 weeks, OP), or time for sorrow afterwards if I do miscarry again.
#8 of 8 Old 04-13-2008, 09:06 PM

I miscarried in September 07 and I'm definitely feeling the worry. But with my M/C, I just knew something was wrong. I mean, I had such a strong feeling that I was going to lose it that when I would see pregnant women and babies I'd feel this hopeless longing for one of my own even though I was pg.

I feel really good about this pregnancy...no feelings of doom. But still I worry so much. Every twinge, every "leak" (sorry TMI) makes my heart skip a beat.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page