have you no mercy?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-14-2008, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I became sick with a bad cold a week before Saturday, before I even knew I was pregnant. It got worse, then it got better, and now I believe it has moved into a sinus infection. It's all in my head, and green slugs are crawling out my nose, and I can't breathe. And i've called 3 doctors today, and no one will see me!

My GP said to call my OB. I'm waffling between two local MW groups, so I called one, and they can't see me until Wednesday. The other one just put me through to the nurses' voicemail. So here I sit, sick, pregnant with a busy toddler, and no one will give me medicine.

What is wrong with people?!? Needed to vent. Anybody else having issues today?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2008, 04:16 PM

I have the same issue, except I already HAD antibiotics and they didn't do anything. (They originally thought it was strep throat.) Now I'm wondering if this crap has turned into a sinus infection? This sucks. I've been sick for a week and a half!
Old 04-14-2008, 04:24 PM

I'm so sorry! I've been dealing with nearly the same thing. I tend to get sinus infections and the ONLY thing that has ever stopped one short of antibiotics is a nasal spray of colloidal silver.

I was totally starting to get one last week (that nasty smell, green goo, etc) and I did about 3 days of using the colloidal silver spray a few times a day and it is gone.
Still stuffed up a bit, but no more stink or green goo!

You should be able to find it at a health type store/section, and you can use a dropper if you can't get a refillable nasal sprayer.

I hope you feel better soon, being sick and pg really sucks, especially if you have other little ones to take care of!
Old 04-14-2008, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Well, finally a midwife friend took pity on me and called my midwife, who called me back, even though she wasn't on duty today. She called in a scrip, so i'm now on z-pack and looking forward to some relief.

It's so hard to be a patient sometimes-- the receptionists are just not knowledgeable, and you can't get to talk to the practitioner or nurse without a lot of hassle. The people answering the phone, I know, have to be hardened and follow the rules, but waiting 4 days to see a doctor isn't going to help me.

Here's to the mend-- now if only Cleo would chill out and take a nap!

User Tag List