I feel robbed X post - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-29-2008, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have lost 2 babies. One at 9 weeks and one at 12 weeks. I am now 9 weeks and we have 3 kids at home. I had some cramping this morning which I am hoping is not really anything but I am so worried. I just feel like once you lose a baby you are really robbed of having any joy for other pregnancies. I just want to be happy that I am pregnant and enjoy the changes that are going on in my body without questioning everything that I feel or don't feel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 04-29-2008, 01:43 PM

I know the feeling. I have no wise words to make it better. I just want to let you know you are not alone.
#3 of 7 Old 04-29-2008, 01:57 PM

I can empathize. I've had one pregnancy which ended in loss and I feel extremely cautious about his one. I try to be positive and think about the coming life, but I do feel that I can't completely let myself go and be excited because I'm still in the "danger zone", I think I'll feel this way until I see a normal healthy heartbeat. I have my first midwife appointment on May 8th and I'm hoping for some encouragement.

I do want to mention that I have had some cramping too. It's very mild and short-lived. I am 7w3d today. I know everyone's experience is different, but with my loss I had bleeding before the cramping came and when it came it was something fierce. This cramping has been quite different, which I'm hoping is a good sign... although it doesn't stop me from incessantly toilet paper checking

You aren't alone in your feelings of worry!
#4 of 7 Old 04-29-2008, 02:15 PM

I am so sorry; that sounds so hard

I, too, am having lots of cramping and am at 7w4d. I don't know if that will make you feel any better...but wanted to tell you that there is definitely cramping going on.

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#5 of 7 Old 04-29-2008, 08:57 PM

I am so so sorry I have experienced pregnancy loss also, and I think you're right that the boundless joy just isn't there right now. Its so hard to let go and just be happy. 5 more weeks and I can relax just a bit. You have 3 more weeks and you'll be in your 2nd trimester... hopefully that will help ease a little bit of the stress. have you heard the heartbeat yet? I've heard that once you hear the heartbeat the chance of MC drops substantially.

Hang in there... we are here for you!
#6 of 7 Old 04-29-2008, 09:01 PM

I've had a few losses as well. That insecure feeling won't go away, but try to find a way to relax. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that this will be a healthy pregnancy and at the end of it, we'll welcome a new member of our family.
#7 of 7 Old 04-30-2008, 06:01 PM

Hope this one sticks for 9 months! Did they ever find out a reason for the late miscarriages so you could help prevent them or were they just flukes?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page