Mothering Forum banner

In memory

7K views 67 replies 31 participants last post by  CAKJNH 
#1 ·
I really want to start a memory thread ( and hopefully make it a sticky) for those mamas who are still in our hearts and whose lo's are now in heaven. I want to remember them throughout my pregnancy. Feel free to add someone if I miss them.

See less See more
#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoyofBirth View Post
I'm glad that you started this. These mamas and their babies have really been on my heart lately.
ITA!!!

After each one of my losses, I would go back to my DDC periodically and sometimes participate in threads. I would receive no responses back to me at all....

It was like the other members of my DDC didn't want the reminder of the "what could go wrongs" infecting their continuing pregnancies.....it was as if I never existed at all.

But we do exist and we still count the milestones as if we are still pregnant and mourn the loss of each one along the way. Although our EDD doesn't have the meaning that we would like it to have, it still has significant emotion attached to it and will forever be memorialized in our hearts.

To our mamas who have lost

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by candyapplez View Post
I really want to start a memory thread ( and hopefully make it a sticky) for those mamas who are still in our hearts and whose lo's are now in heaven. I want to remember them throughout my pregnancy. Feel free to add someone if I miss them.

I just wanted to tell you Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! I read your story before, and my heart broke for your family. My DD Kamryn passed at 38.1 weeks pregnant, and I can't imagine going thru it the way you did. I do wish you an uneventful pregnancy and beautiful birth with a healthy wonderful outcome and little one!!!

#21 ·
Aw, this is a great idea! You know, to be honest I have had three m/c's and when I read of others m/c's it does make me nervous and remind me of the pain and hurt I felt. But I'd never turn my back or not console someone who has lost.
Mamaterra, I'm sorry that you felt left out and abandoned because of your losses

I'm sorry for all the hurt and pain felt by anyone who has experienced that kind of loss. Thank you for starting this thread, its sometimes easier to navigate through pain with friends than alone.

#24 ·
That is awful, Mamaterra. Talk about adding insult to injury. I think it is easy to see these stories and feel scared for our own babies, but pretending they aren't happening and abandoning someone who's hurting doesn't protect our babies. I think if anything it's reminded me how blessed I am and that I'm not guaranteed this baby. I have to be grateful while I can. It breaks my heart to see so many lost in our DDC. I think it will be even harder as these babies are due at Christmas time, which is sad when you've had any loss, but when you should be holding a new love and you're not, that will be hard. I'm so sorry to all the mamas with angel babes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.