Scared a bit... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-29-2008, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went for my ob/gyn appt today. I told him that I have been having a great amount of discharge.

So he looked under the microscope at my discharge and said that my cervix is releasing white blood cells. I freaked out. He said it doesn't look like anything to worry about, which I'm not, but it's still kinda scary.

He did my u/s...cute little thing!!! Last time it was a blob, this time I saw the profile and it looks like a baby!!! It is sitting upside down with it's head and feet running from my hip to hip...make sense??

My new EDD is 12/22...darnitall. I'm guessing he's going by my LMP, going by my O date would put me in Jan.

He did also say that my uterus is sitting on my cervix...which could turn into placenta previa. GOD, lets hope that it doesn't! And also told me to be EXTRA careful having sex. Which sucks bc I just started having sex again!

Thanks for listening...ladies, if you have extra discharge...please go have it checked!

G'night!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 05-30-2008, 12:54 AM

Sorry to hear you got so much negativity in one appointment. I bet that was all hard to take at once. Seems like things are progressing okay. I bet he adjusted your due date based on US measurements, which are pretty accurate at this point(feel free to take that with a grain of salt). Hopefully, things will go smoothly and the placenta has itself up high out of the way.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#3 of 6 Old 05-30-2008, 06:03 AM

Abnormal pap smears are actually common in pregnancy which is why it is generally recommend not to do them during pregnancy. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferadurham View Post
He did also say that my uterus is sitting on my cervix...which could turn into placenta previa. GOD, lets hope that it doesn't! And also told me to be EXTRA careful having sex. Which sucks bc I just started having sex again!

Thanks for listening...ladies, if you have extra discharge...please go have it checked!

G'night!

Your uterus is supposed to be sitting on your cervix :, do you mean your placenta? In any case you are what 9-10 weeks along? There is lots of time for the placenta to move before birth. I wouldn't give it a second thought. This is certainly too early to think about a previa diagnosis.

Don't let it stress you.

Also increased cervical discharge is very normal and not something to worry about unless it is odorous, or is accompanied by itching or pain. The mucus plug is forming which is why we get such an increase in discharge.
#4 of 6 Old 05-30-2008, 09:18 AM

Whew, Joyofbirth wrote what I was thinking: that was a lot to process in one visit!

I say we focus on how cute your baby looked

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#5 of 6 Old 05-30-2008, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

I'm so stupid....yes I meant to write "placenta" instead of "uterus". Geezzzzzzzzz this pg brain of mine.

I'm not really worried about it, it just startled me a bit. I think what bothered me most about it was the sex thing. He advised that if we do DTD, we have to be VERY carefull and he cant go in all the way...THEN WHATS THE POINT???? There's no pleasure in that for me.

I don't think this is abnormal...it's been going on for about a month now...I just didn't think anything of it. It has a color and odor to it. I bet it's just an infection of some sort. And when I reach 13 weeks, I can take meds to get rid of it.

BUT OH BOY WAS IT CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully the head will stay down there! That would be awesome to not have to worry about the head being all up in my chest! My DD's head was down the entire time...with her feet jammed up in my bad ribs...:

Thank you ladies for listening! I love the support!!!
#6 of 6 Old 05-30-2008, 03:15 PM

placentas climb a LOT during pregnancy. We can all send up-moving vibes to your placenta. (I remember when I joined MDC, there was a woman who had named her placenta 'Felicia' and had everyone chant, "Move Felicia Move! Move Felicia Move!" - and Felicia did move up - no more previa )

ETA: If I were in your shoes, I would make sure that the ovulation date gets put in the chart and possibly highlighted. Ultrasound-based dating may be very accurate but if you go past your EDD based on your LMP or the ultrasound, knowing when you ovulated and that it would put your due date in January could help you to avoid pressure to induce. (Having gone to 42w2d with my first, I feel strongly about this!!)

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page