***High Risk Mamas Support Thread*** - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 849 Old 09-17-2008, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
why? why? I'm so sad.

So on top of ALL of this I've had to go through and learn to be ok with during this pregnancy, I'm going to lose my nose ring too.

The bead fell off of it a couple of weeks ago, but its only come out once. After alot of fidgeting, I managed to get it back in and since then I just make sure the open end of it stays on my nostril. But this morning I woke up and it was out. The open end of the ring is just sitting on the hole and I've been trying to over an hour to get it back in. It will not go.

I LOVE my ring!!! I changed out the post I had in it a few months ago for this ring and I've loved it since! It hurt like HELL to get my nose pierced, not only do I not want to lose it, I don't want to have to get it done again after my son is born.

I've called around to a few piercing shops and no one will come over to my house to put it back in for me I am so very sad. If I can't get the ring back into it, it will close by the time Lucien is born and I can go in to have it fixed. I can't believe no one will come here to do it for me.

I know it seems like a silly thing to be sad about, but I haven't had my hair done for months, I haven't had a pedicure or a manicure. I don't bother putting make up on or doing my hair. My nose ring is the only pretty thing on me. I'll just throw this on the list...
#422 of 849 Old 09-17-2008, 05:43 PM

Hi girls.

I'm sorry I have been MIA but I have been a bit busier than normal.

I went to my u/s and they said things looked much improved and My Miss Magnolia is growing better as well..so I am off strict bed rest and instead just on a take it easier than normal sort of rest..

I was very happy to hear that news..now I can go watch my 7 yr old play in his football games and do a bit more with the other children.

I hope each of you is feeling ok and that things are going well.

Hello Sara I am glad you found a place to help ease some of the strain of bedrest..it is no fun at all for sure and the uncertainty is even worse. I hope you have an uneventful few months..or at least 6 more weeks.
#423 of 849 Old 09-17-2008, 07:33 PM

Sara, that's nice that they do the 4D ultrasounds for fun for you!

Sage, so sorry about your nose ring! Bummer than no one will come over to your house to fix it.

Congrats on your restrictions getting lifted newestalouf!

I actually got a little sewing done today, which was nice! DH got the table and sewing machine set up for me last night. Finished a crayon roll and 3 sets of curtains, nothing really fancy, but nice to get them done!

Hope you are all doing well!

Have a good night!

Christy
#424 of 849 Old 09-17-2008, 07:36 PM

YAY newest!!!! thrilled you are off bedrest!!!!!!
#425 of 849 Old 09-17-2008, 10:08 PM

I'm here, and I've read up but its been a super busy few days and I have no energy left for long replies.

Yay for being off bedrest though!

And Sage I'm sorry about the nose ring, you are certainly not getting anything EASY this pregnancy.

Christy awesome for nesting and for getting to viability.

Hang in there everyone!
#426 of 849 Old 09-18-2008, 03:04 AM

WTF??? My van was stolen today! Not only was my iPod in it, but also my car dock for my iPod. And all my hubby's stunt gear! Garrrrr!

So not only do they have all my stuff and my van, they have our address and our garage door opener.

Someone in this universe is soooo unhappy with me. What did I do??? I've been blindsided!! I demand a new start to today!
#427 of 849 Old 09-18-2008, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

What the !@#$! Sage, that is just totally unfair! I know that we learn from tough times and all, but seriously, you need a break. Here is one really big hug coming right at ya: .

Marine ecologist wife to my kite-boarding soulmate and now a SAHM to Annabelle 8/02, 3 , and finally Willem 12/21/08!
#428 of 849 Old 09-18-2008, 10:36 AM

seriously!! sage, you need a break. that sucks so bad. hopefully the jacka$$es who stole your van only wanted the gear etc and will pay no mind to address etc. this stuff really brings out the violent side of me!

i'm really sorry you had to have that happen. *hug*
#429 of 849 Old 09-18-2008, 10:49 AM

AARRGH Sage, that SUCKS. I suspect they aren't interested in the address but I'd get the code for the garage door changed pronto, or disable it so it doesn't make you feel insecure. I hope they find your van at least though I suspect the ipods are history.
#430 of 849 Old 09-18-2008, 05:03 PM

Wow Sage, that's hard. Any chance the police will be able to recover the van? Do you have insurance for the van and the things that were stolen?

Not much going on here. My kids have been going to their grandparents house on Tuesday through Thursday and by today I am bored and I miss them so much. Last night the boys came to visit and Asher just sobbed when it was time to go back to grandma's house. Sometimes he acts like he is so tough and he doesn't need me, but not last night.

So how to deal with boredom...these days go so slowly.
#431 of 849 Old 09-18-2008, 05:52 PM

I'm not throwing myself a pity party, but I've put some thought into all the stuff thats happened in the last few months and I'm just very surprised at it all. LOL... on the bright side I'm just waiting for the rest to come. No more surprises for me.

We are fully insured tho they won't cover anything that wasn't secured in the van (ie CD player etc). BUT our house insurance might cover it. We're looking into it.

I hope whoever took my stuff enjoys it, and the resulting karma that will accompany it. I'm a firm believer in what goes around...

There's a woman over here cleaning right now. She's with the same church group that is bringing us dinners. She is sorting and organizing and cleaning my daughters old room that my hubby made a DISASTER out of. I can't believe she's in there doing that. She's been in there for two hours already. She also offered to take all our laundry back to her house and bring it back in a couple of days all cleaned and folded, like a laundry service. I'm just speechless. I feel like an idiot sitting here and all I can offer her is a lame "thank you". This weekend I'm going to send my hubby out to buy a variety of gift cards for this purpose. I'm going to make several thank you cards so that when this happens I have something to give, something that proves how much I appreciate this kindness and that I've thought about what they're giving me. So much more than just a clean house.

Yay to those who are finding some release from bedrest! : I'm so happy for you!

And thats awesome that we're finding things to occupy us. Well, for most of the time at least. Sara, have you tried scrapbooking? or card making? I'm making all the thank you cards for those that have been so kind, as well as baby shower thank you's, halloween party invites and christmas cards. THAT should keep me busy for awhile!

My son kicks so hard so often I'm starting to get sore! But I'm loving it!!
#432 of 849 Old 09-19-2008, 09:02 AM

Wow Sage, you sure are experiencing a wide range of stuff this pregnancy. So much crazy stuff happenning, yet so much good too! My pregnancy with Michael was really crazy too. To retell it sounds like a Lifetime Movie, but it was a good lesson for me in that I handled it all, and if I could get through that, I can handle just about anything life throws my way! I second disconnecting that garage door openner ASAP! I would sleep better personally.

Yay for keeping busy too! I sewed rice heat packs yesterday for the family, and the kids LOVE them! Few things on the to do list today, we'll see what happens!

Sara, I hope you find something to help entertain yourself too! And that sounds rough, your little guy being so sad to leave. At least the weekend is close and you can have some time together soon!

Hope all of you have a nice day!

Christy
#433 of 849 Old 09-19-2008, 04:04 PM

Sage s- i can't believe your life right now. I am also jealous of you kind church crew. I wish even my hubby would pick up something with out being asked.

Yay for being off bedrest- i think it is Christy?

AFM- i am having more consistent contrax, which sucks. I will see if there is any dialation today at my appt. DD is having a very hard time with life right now, she tipped her dresser over the other day. I freaked out cause i thought she might be stuck, but she didn't get hurt. She is really into lotions and liquid soaps and the like and keeps squeezing them all over the house. I tried to get one of those handle locks for the bathroom, but she can still get in, and she can climb over a baby gate.

but the good news is she peed in the potty today. I needed to go so i asked her is she wanted to go in with me. then she took of her shorts and diaper and sat down. I asked her what we do on the potty, and she did the little grunt and the sssss sound. so i gave her the alloted m &m, and went to throw the dipe away, when i came back she was still sitting there PEEING. i was so stoked.

So i am 34 weeks tomorrow, this is a point where i feel more comfortable if i go into labor, and at this point hospital would no longer stop contrax. I still have 3 weeks of bedrest left. I am glad to be ungrounded.

I am getting a few things done each day, whether it is just homework sitting at comp, or if i can get in a bit of sewing, or maybe just some cutting. I got my birth bead necklace done yesterday. I haven't sewn for almost a week cause of the contrax, but it does seem like we are getting very close and i feel so unprepared. Delilahs big girl bed has arrived, I am waiting for DH to set it up, but the bedding is done so i guess it doesn't matter a whole lot.
#434 of 849 Old 09-19-2008, 07:57 PM

Yay for 34 weeks Selena! Sorry DD is having a hard time but yay for the potty.

I have a cold, just came on today so I'm in the super sore throat swollen tonsil phase and I feel awful. Bad bad bad. Blech.
#435 of 849 Old 09-20-2008, 10:54 PM

Sorry about the cold Aviva! No fun being sick at all.

Congrats on 34 weeks Selena! And Yay for the potty! I had planned to get DD started on that once DS started school, and it just hasn't happened. I am still on modified rest, but that could be lightened up soon if my next 2 u/s go well! I could get to go for short walks, which sounds heavenly with fall just coming up!

Speaking of that, my next u/s and appt is Monday morning. My Mom will be here tomorrow to help catch up on some cleaning and watch the kids some for me. I need to drop the laptop off for repair Monday, so with all this going on I probably won't be online for several days unless I get desperate enough to try and get our old computer online! So wish me luck and shrinking vibes for the sch Monday! Also doing the first in depth growth check this u/s, so hopefully that goes well too!

I hope all of you have a good weekend!

Christy
#436 of 849 Old 09-21-2008, 12:35 AM

Today was sort of fun. As it was Saturday, my husband was home so I could at least drive around with him and the kids while he ran errands. I just sat the seat back and tried to relax.

This morning we sold our old crib and changing table on Craigslist and bought a new one. We also bought a new table for our kitchen nook. I've spent a lot of time this week thinking about decorating our house and it was fun to actually do something. Last week we had an interior designer help us pick paint colors and today we got the paint samples.

At the end of the day I'm having some contractions. I probably did too much today, but I'll take my meds and get in the bath and hope they back off. If my cervix gets any shorter, I know I'll be on hospital bed rest, so we're hoping things are stable...
#437 of 849 Old 09-21-2008, 07:46 PM

Sara when is your next check? I know how good it feels to get out at least a little. I met another little Asher today, funny.

Good luck tomorrow Christy!
#438 of 849 Old 09-22-2008, 05:28 PM

I've spent most of today crying. This lack of sleep is getting to me. The pain is worse everyday. Must he grow? I broke down last night and took two gravol with my two painkillers in a desperate plea for sleep, and they didn't work. I think this is just my life my for the next 11 weeks. I don't know how I'm going to make it through this. This has to be the greatest test of my strength and ability to endure that has ever been given to me.
I think the church support group has petered out. We only got one meal last week, and she just told me there's only one coming for this week. Well, I'm thankful for the support we had.

We've hired someone to clean, finally and *hopefully* found someone who will stick around until after Lucien is born. She does more than cleaning, she also organizes. Exactly what we need.

My hubby has had two days off, in 12. Those two days were so packed with duties and responsibilities that I barely saw him and he didn't get a chance to do half the stuff on his list, including prep food for me. He works so hard, I feel so badly that he doesn't get a chance to sit and relax.

I've decided to stay out of the general forums. If I have nothing positive to share, I'll keep my mouth shut.

I hope you guys are doing well. I feel like I talk about mysef alot but I don't want you guys to think I don't care how you're doing. I do keep track.
#439 of 849 Old 09-22-2008, 06:47 PM

Awww Sage you've had a really hard time of it. Its ok to vent if it helps at all. No one is thinking you are self centered. 11 weeks...its forever but its shorter than you've already gotten through. It will be tough, but you'll make it somehow. And maybe Lucien will give you a break by coming just a teeny bit early...not too early but enough that you don't have to drag it out quite as long.

FWIW too, I'm a whiny mess just from having a cold, its really hard to stay on an even keel while you are pregnant and having things be extra difficult is more than anyone should have to bear. Its hard too that hubby isn't around, I made mine come home early today and I know I'm incredibly lucky to be able to do that because I'm not sure how I would have gotten through without it.
#440 of 849 Old 09-22-2008, 08:59 PM

*sigh* I can only shake my head.

The diabetes clinic called me because my OB referred me to them. They wanted to know why I haven't come in yet. I told them why, and they said my doc didn't mention that I'm on bedrest. She was very surprised to find out that he didn't tell them that part, since its a pretty big impact for diabetic care. She said she had to talk to him, then she'd call me back. And they DO make housecalls for the 3 hr test all the time.

*shakes her head*
#441 of 849 Old 09-22-2008, 10:34 PM

well, looking on the bright side, sage...
good cleaning person...
glucose test coming to you...
had some nice help from church people...
of course, the kittens are still adorable

i am thinking that at this point, the accumulated frustrations of the pain, the daily life stuff, your doctor being whack, the worries about the complications, your husband's schedule, your children's needs, and on and on... the van, the nose ring, and the lack of sleep... it just all has to be so so so heavy. and that much harder to deal with as the days go by. i know you are going to get thru the next 11 weeks. its a day by day thing, and you can cry and complain, vent, whine, anything... here umpteen times a day if you want. i may not post very much, but i read every day, and i think of you daily.

i was thinking of you last night, actually. my husband and i went camping. he set me up with a nice chair and some comfy bedding... so it was like bedrest in the woods... but after one hour sleeping in our tent, my legs started killing me, my hips... my big belly hurt... i was in pain and couldn't sleep, but i was so tired... and i thought of you. i have NO idea how you got thru your camping trip all those weeks ago, and that little taste of physical pain i had lying on that hard floor, i just couldn't stop thinking about it. for you to get thru each single day is testament to how strong you are, and that strength is going to get you thru each of the next 77 days till your little boy gets earthside. *hug*

well, not much going on with me. u/s on wednesday. husband coming with this time stlll on bedrest, and as the 28 week mark approaches, i find myself relieved, but my attentions are now switching from the fear of the sch complications to the fear of a repeat tragedy. it really is a day by day thing. like i have since the first day of my positive beta, i wake each morning with the first thought being the week/day count. today- 26wk 3d. its a really slow-motion way of experiencing a pregnancy.

thinking of you all...
#442 of 849 Old 09-22-2008, 11:19 PM

I seem unable to stop crying. This is awful, I'm miserable.
Tomorrow I'm going to call my stupid, useless and irritating OB and see if he can get me in for a shot of morphine with some gravol. If I don't find a brief escape from this and get some real rest I don't know what I'll do. But this cannot be good for my son.
The pain is killing me, and the no sleep is deadly. When I try to lay down to get sleep, the pain is exponential. It's useless and I end up more hurt and stressed than when I tried it to begin with.

I'm glad you got to get out into nature soulshine. Ah, to breathe fresh air. But I'm sorry it hurt and you were uncomfortable. Next summer we'll chat about our amazing camping experiences and how unreal this fall will seem then. Thank you for supportive words, they mean so much to me.

Aviva, thank you again for your care and kind words. 11 weeks doesn't sound that long, but it seems unreachable to me. I'm sorry that you have a yucky cold, I hope you feel better soon! I'm glad your hubby could come home to give you a hand.
#443 of 849 Old 09-22-2008, 11:27 PM

hey brave ladies,
im so glad you are all hanging in there. im rolling onto 27 weeks, which means i will soon be more pregnant than ive ever been before. it will be odd to pass the milestone of the stillbirth. but i do think that is such a reminder that the whole bedrest thing is an oppotunity, its not a punishment. its an opportunity for a healthy baby, and i wouldve given anything for that opportunity last time. i wouldve been on bedrest upsdide down on a bed of nails.

one of my best friends was given five months to live this week. three beautiful kids. puts it in perspective for me.

count your victories! big hugs h
#444 of 849 Old 09-23-2008, 05:06 PM

btw, im sure you guys know this but hypnobabies has a cd called "baby stay in" for preterm labor, cervix closed, baby threatening to come early mamas.

ive found stuff like this can be really excellent for maintaining the positive attitude necessary for the best outcome. they claim their success rate is very very high.

heres the link.

http://www.hypnobabies.com/store/sho...&cid=4&start=0
#445 of 849 Old 09-23-2008, 06:35 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend Holly.
#446 of 849 Old 09-23-2008, 07:11 PM

thanks babe. its really hard to get your brain around. of course what i want with all my being is to hop on a plane across the country and just bunker in with her. all i can do from over here is send love, be love and be very friendly to miracles.

turns out that helps with my condition too!
#447 of 849 Old 09-23-2008, 08:20 PM

Cold is still kicking my butt so I just wanted to offer some (virtual, and therefore booger free) hugs. Very gentle ones for Sage and some strong arms for Holly and Soulshine to lean on...milestone markers are hard.

Holly I'm so sorry about your friend, wishing miracles for her and a life that goes on as long as she needs it to.
#448 of 849 Old 09-24-2008, 09:21 PM

A lot of heavy posts in the last few days. I am glad we can share one another's burdens, if only a little.

This week has been okay. I had an u/s on Monday and saw my OB today. The perinatologist throught my cervix looked stable but she also was measuring differently from the doctor last week. From what I can tell, my cervix is actually shorter. I'm almost 24 weeks. By next week, the doctors will begin to be more "aggresive" meaning hospital bedrest, IV meds, steroids, if anything changes.

I'm having a really hard time being good about bed rest. It's just so hard to do this day after day! Today I tried to run one errand on the way to the OB office and ended up having contractions that were very strong for a while. If they keep up, I'll probably be headed back to the hospital tonight. No fun.

My son just cuddled up. He and his brother made blueberry muffins with the nanny (yeah nanny!) and he came up to see if I want one. He said, "will the baby have one?" and I told him yes. He said, "Good, because blueberries are the best treat."

He then asked a few questions about the baby's umbillical cord and cuddled up. I love feeling all 35 pound of him resting in my arms. He's so big. He said, "Mom, I love you more than I have words." And he talks a lot.
#449 of 849 Old 09-25-2008, 01:30 AM

Aw Sara,, your son is so sweet you must risk cavities cuddling with him!
Bedrest is really hard to come to terms with. I'm sure we can all sympathize.

I would like not to see or talk to my mother for an undetermined amount of time. Remember how I told you guys that she really stepped it up when I told her I have GD? Well.. she didn't. She brought me all that food, then a few days ago gave me the bill for it. She bought us KFC one night and deducted what it cost her from my paycheck. I have seen her once since the day she brought me the groceries.
I don't know if I told you guys but my work with my brother is sub contracted through my mom. I do daycare with him Monday to Friday 7:30 to 2:30, tho I keep him until 3:15 (without charge) everyday so she doesn't have to rush to get here on time. We trade pick up and drop off duties every second day, but when my hubby is working we need her to help us out a bit and do all the driving everyday. This means she has to get up 30 mins earlier everyday. She also has to pack a cold lunch and be more creative than just packing up leftovers to be heated.
She's been trying to fire me because of this since the school year started, veiling her laziness with a false concern that watching him is too hard for me. My brother sits in one place all day and places with his cars or watches a movie. Having him here is easier than having my daughters here! I've been fighting her on it not only for us (the pay is a comfort for us right now with so many bdays and christmas coming up, not to mention a new baby) but for his benefit as well. He is a creature of habit and I've been working with him for 15 years, everyday. This is the 5th year of this daycare contract. Taking him out of my home would be so hard and confusing for him.
So last week she went behind my back and called his social worker. Made up a bunch of lies (saying he runs out my front door and assaults strangers walking by - he's NEVER done that) under the lie that she's concerned that watching him is detrimental to the health and safety of myself and my unborn son. ::
She lies whenever it suits her so talking with her is a waste of time. I'm so hurt and angry I don't know what to do. To save herself 30 mins a day she's going to ensure that my husband works everyday to make up for the lost income, thereby leaving me alone and half starving. She'll turn my brothers world upside down to save her from making sandwich and packing some fruit.
She is so self involved I feel sick. I've always known that she's like this, but I had no idea the depths of betrayal, manipulation and lies.

Everyday this week she has sent his breakfast here for me to make, and leftovers that need to be heated. She knows full well I don't have a microwave in my room. She also set him up sending two VHS movies for him to watch, trying to set him off when I had to tell him that I don't have a VCR to play them for him.

Like I need THIS stress to add to my load. THIS is my mother??
#450 of 849 Old 09-25-2008, 02:02 AM

aviva, hope youre killing that cold and sage, with mothers like that who needs enemies? i couldnt exactly follow teh story but any mom who called ss on me would be cut out of my life. period. good lord.
sbrinton different people measure the cervix different ways. the only thing i can tell you that is a necessity for me is to absolutely take one day at a time, or at least not to think too far ahead. its just impossible to consider bedrest for three months, the best thing to do is just to not think about it now because you just dont know. ive heard all sorts of magical cervix stories. keep breathing and know youre doing the best you can right now. hugs to you.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page