***High Risk Mamas Support Thread*** - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 849 Old 06-26-2008, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi mamas. The appointment went really well today. I looooove my new perinatologist. He knows his stuff!!! He said the baby looks like "a million bucks" and is actually measuring a few days ahead. I still have a significant amount of blood in my uterus and will likely bleed again BUT he said the placenta looks great (no blood behind it, no detachment yet). Is is bleeding from the edge, but so far that is not compromising anything. He said, no guarantees but usually things go on to be just fine and he thinks we will be okay. He acknowledged the stress of the situation and gave me a number where I can get a hold of him directly! He wants to see me again in 2 weeks.

It was such a satisfying appointment and I am relieved to finally have found a doctor I can trust. Thank God!

Oh, and (I'm sure you saw my other thread) they think it's a boy!!!

Hope everyone is doing well today.

Marine ecologist wife to my kite-boarding soulmate and now a homeschooling SAHM to Annabelle 8/02 and Willem 12/08!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 849 Old 06-26-2008, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Great news! and Happy (probably) boyness! I'm just curious, what causes the issue CB?

I had someone clean my house, I felt guilty, which is ridiculous because I'M ON BEDREST. Seriously though it was hard not to get up and help her. My house is clean though and I'm so happy about that. It was getting bad here.
#33 of 849 Old 06-26-2008, 09:40 PM

I'm trying so hard not to freak out. Today I've forced a ton of work on myself in fear of not being able to do it anymore. I'm scared. I'm not telling my husband yet.

Last night I was laying in bed reading (my favorite pasttime) and I went to lift both my legs up at the same time so I could cover them and nearly screamed in pain. When I realized where the pain came from I felt sick, like someone had grabbed a fistful of my stomach.

I tenatively moved my legs out and around and it hurt. Not screaming painful, but it hurt. I turned over onto my side to comfort myself with my bear (yes, I sleep with my bear) and within a few mins my pelvic was sore.

I hope and pray I was just tired and my body was sore, but those feelings I know so well. Ugh.. this sucks. Is it wrong to keep this from my hubby until is bad? I don't want him to worry and really there's nothing he can do about it anyway, except get really, really stressed out.
#34 of 849 Old 06-26-2008, 10:55 PM

ok, barging in here...

chesapeakeborn,
so relieved for you!
i have been lurking on this thread, i am 14wks tomorrow and basically am in the same situation you are- sch, edd 12/27. dx at 8wks, major bleed in e/r 5 days ago that landed me on bedrest until u/s at mfm dept on monday. i don't know if you remember me from the IF forum? turns out we got pregnant at the same time i hope i get some great news like you did today- starting to wonder where the sch is compared to placenta. i know placenta is up near fundus, on the right, so, well, i just hope this sch is away and going away, too.

while i am not too comfortable being in a ddc, i do want the support of this thread so i hope you all don't mind if i join you here.

my history is i have a daughter who died f/t in 2005 from unexplained stillbirth. then a late 1st trimester m/c, then 2.5 years of unexplained IF, now pregnant by ivf and cannot believe i have a freaking sch. the bleeding is totally traumatic. i am 38, will be 39 at birth. had ultrascreen and good results. have a doppler and baby is doing great as of this afternoon- hb 158bpm

i don't feel high-risk. i am however having a scheduled cesarean at 39 weeks and am so excited to meet this baby!

anyway.
sage,
i am so sorry for your pain. and i know the stress of telling husband. i always tell, because he got mad once when i didn't. its a terrible place to be, mentally. i feel like there is a time bomb in me, and i am hyper aware of all my movements and any sensations in my abdominal vicinity.

blair, i will be your c-section compadre. since i have made the decision to do it, i would like to be as prepared as possible. don't want to be afraid of it, want to embrace it and then heal and move on.

avivaelona,
first, i read your signature and i am so sorry about your son.
i was happy to read, while lurking, that your cervix check went well. jeez louise. i hope things stay relatively smooth for you for the duration. it is tricky to be on bedrest, because you have to keep telling your brain you can't do things... all i do is get up to shower, get more water, and use the bathroom.

so, thank you for having me here. each day of this pregnancy is like a friggin' miracle! my baby is really healthy, now my body has to heal that sch and i am hoping for some normal weeks in this pregnancy that me and the baby can just revel in it!! we are finding out the gender in a month or so, and i am also looking forward to feeling some movement by then, too!
#35 of 849 Old 06-26-2008, 10:56 PM

YAY CB! that's such great news, i am really relieved for you, on many fronts!!

sage, i am so sorry. that sounds absolutely horrific if it were me (and it's not, i know) i would tell my husband. for several reasons, but if nothing else... because he probably really wants to know if you're hurting that bad. even if he can't make it better. so sorry dear, i hope, hope, hope you can get some relief.

i have my normal checkup tomorrow, not expecting anything much to come out of it. since i havent had anymore bleeding and we're in wait and see mode, we won't have another u/s (hopefully!) until the end of next month.
#36 of 849 Old 06-26-2008, 11:00 PM

WELCOME SOULSHINE!! we must have cross-posted a second ago. thanks for joining us! : i am so sorry to hear about your losses, i can't imagine

let's be cesarean buddies! i think there is alot to be said for being prepared and doing some healing before the surgery even occurs. check out this website, i found it really helpful (found the link from an ICAN page): http://ican-online.net/resources/whi...edcesarean.pdf

in the meantime, here's to a non-eventful pregnancy from here on out! heal up placenta and take it easy mama... and welcome!
#37 of 849 Old 06-26-2008, 11:56 PM

Welcome Soulshine, I'm glad you felt brave enough to post here at least.

I'm sorry to hear of your losses too, it seems incredible that you have to deal with this too on top of everything.

I'm not on as strict bedrest as you and CB so if you guys can bear it, I will too.

Sage, tell him and don't try to do so much work I'm so sorry its this way for you. I hope you can find some new ways of making yourself more comfortable and enduring this.
#38 of 849 Old 06-27-2008, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

sage: Oh, I am so sorry to hear that you are in pain already. I think I would tell my DH. I didn't tell him about my first bleed when it was happening (just ran straight to the OB) because I didn't want to scare him, and then I didn't tell him about a few of my check-ups because I didn't want to worry him, but I think they don't want us to shoulder the burden alone. They want to be involved.

aviva: Yay for a clean house! I have seriously considered hiring someone too. I mean, our house was getting BAD. But then my sister moved in, so that has helped a lot. Of course, I won't let her go near our bathroom because it is just disgusting. As for the bleeding, unfortunately they cannot tell what causes it. It could be from a clotting disorder, but I tested in the clear (unless there is one that hasn't been discovered), or maybe there is some scar tissue in there (I did have an IUD...). I guess we'll never know.

blair: Good luck at your appointment today! Let us know how it goes.

soulshine: I am so so glad you posted!! Although, I am sad for your losses and the stress of your SCH. There have been many many moments when I too wonder "Why me?". Isn't 3 losses enough? And now this? I was so angry at first. And detached, I was too scared to hope, too scared to bond. But then something took over, I guess when I started feeling movement, and I couldn't stay numb anymore. I definitely can't quite get excited yet, but I am just so grateful for every day that I am pregnant. Like you said, it is a miracle. My goal is to make it to the second week of September, then Halloween, then Thanksgiving. I don't think I'll relax until I get to that point of viability. And even then I'll still worry until I am holding this baby - healthy.

Seeing an excellent perinatologist for the scan made such a huge difference for us mentally. He was able to give us so much information, information that our OB didn't have. I had to fight my OB to get the appointment - she told me that he wouldn't be able to give us any more insight. She couldn't have been more wrong (needless to say, I have a new OB now). Our peri has many patients like us; he deals with this condition all of the time. It was very validating to be there.

If you would like to hear some more SCH stories, there is a yahoo forum. Just a quick question, have you been tested for MTHFR or other clotting disorders? I'm sure that was part of your IF treatment, but thought I'd ask just in case. Anyway, best wishes to you and please let us know how the u/s goes. I think we will both be holding our healthy Christmas babies in December...

Marine ecologist wife to my kite-boarding soulmate and now a homeschooling SAHM to Annabelle 8/02 and Willem 12/08!
#39 of 849 Old 06-27-2008, 11:10 AM

i read online that a theory about why sch's happen is that when the embryo implants, it implants and then detaches a little, causing the bruise/bleed/clot. i wondered if more ivf patients get them or if there was a group that had more propensity to get them, but they seem to be an equal-opportunity crappy thing. older moms, teen moms, first time moms, moms with lots of kids, vaginal birth mom, c-section moms...

chesapeakeborn,
i got tested for all of them, came back + for one copy of mthfr, for which i have been taking foltx for over a year now. my daughter's death was unexplained so the panel of bc d/o testing was run for that, and then run again at the start of the IF stuff. what strikes me allo the time when reading and wondering about conception and pregnancy, is how little they know about the why's and how's. there are theories for everything, but i am always surprised when i get 'we don't know'.

i hope we get a good scan on monday. this is the larger hospital in northern maine, and they have a nicu and a mfm dept, with a peri. but i tell you, at the ultrascreen scan, the peri oversees them and she came in a said very little about the sch, which we were monitering at that point. all she said was that they are common, and to expect more bleeding, red, brown,pink and everything inbetween. i had no idea she meant to expect what seemed like gallons... what a total mind****.

anyway, this scan is specifically for the sch, and there is a repeat one set for 2 weeks later. i really want to get a good look at the placenta in terms of where the sch is, and see the bloodflow to the placenta, etc. i am so paranoid about moving at this point because i just don't know where everything is in relation to eachother, and that matters.

i usually work 12 hour days 6 days a week, and sitting this past week out has been really stressful on our business. we don't know if we have to hire to replace me, or if i will be back at work on tuesday! anyway...

sage,
do you see an acupuncturist? i have been seeing one for the IF and now thru this pregnancy, and i just wondered if there is anything that acupuncture can do to help with either the actual condition or relieving the pain. i told mine about a friend who had migraines theu her first trimester and the acupuncturist was like 'oh, that's because of (blahblahblah) and its too bad because that is easily treated with acu.'. so, i was thinking maybe that could be helpful for you in some way? its terrible that you have this pain. sorry if any of that was redundant to what you already know or have done/tried... just thinking about you.

blair,
thanks for the link, which i just finished reading. sigh. well, i am hoping to find a book or source that tells more about preparing and recovering, like herbs, etc. there must be info out there. when you have to have a cesarean, reading stuff that is very hostile to cesarean is a bummer, at least for me. i mean, if its medically necessary, i prefer to be spared the horror stories... if you are informed of the facts, well, you make your decisions and then move on from it. i see it no different than a vaginal birth... when i was pregnant with my daughter, i ran away from any horror stories about 50hour births and episiotomies and forceps, pain, etc. i didn't want to fill my mind and fuel any fears. i have had major abdominal surgery before, and it was necessary, so we all just accepted it and moved in a direction of healing and acceptance, rather than resistance and anger. this is all just me and how i would prefer to deal with having to have a cesarean. i have lots to say about why i chose to have it done, but i guess that is for another time!

thinking of you at your appointment today, hoping it uneventful.

avivaelona,
thanks for your warm welcome i was reading on another thread some of your frustrations with maternity wear... tell me about it, sister! its a dismal state of affairs, fashion wise. this early 2nd trimester stage is particularly irritating, only because me body is growing all out of proportion to clothes, maternity and otherwise. its a total crapshoot as to whether something fits or not. i have a long torso, so unless something is cut long, i look like i am trying to expose my belly, which, i am not! lots of laughing from husband... the nice thing about bedrest though is that i am just hangin' out in my underwear and i have no worries about the ins and outs of maternity wear, at least at this point!

felix (rachel),
are you with us here? i saw a post from you on page 1, and wondered how you are doing, how your bp is, and just to check in...

well, that's all from me. this bedrest is turning posts into small novellas, sorry!
#40 of 849 Old 06-27-2008, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

soulshine: I could have written half of what you just posted!! I think SCHs don't discriminate. It seems pretty random; I mean, I'm not an IVF patient and I know a bunch of people who have this condition and didn't have fertility treatment. Maybe there is some condition doctors don't yet know about. I too have been surprised by the lack of knowledge on this stuff (and m/c). It has been so frustrating. I guess there aren't any big drug companies out there funding the research!

I went into yesterday's appointment with the exact same concerns as you have, namely, what about the placenta?! I too wouldn't move because I had no idea what could happen. My old OB could give me no info about the placenta, where the bleed was, etc, etc. And she could never advise me about what to expect. Well, I didn't expect the "gallons" of blood that you described - it was horrifying. I have had 4 big bleeds: 6w1d (moderate, red), 7w4d (moderate, red), 8w6d (severe, red), and 12w3d (severe, slightly older red). I am thankful to now know exactly what is going on in there. And to have a doctor who knows what to say about it.

Interesting you mentioned testing + for one copy of MTHFR. Is this the same thing as having one mutation? Because I have a single mutation (heterozygous), but I read that that shouldn't cause a problem. Apparently, 50% of the population has a single mutation (http://www.fvleiden.org/ask/51.html). My homocysteine levels were normal too. Nevertheless, I started this pregnancy on a daily baby aspirin and extra folic acid. My RE had me stop taking the aspirin when the first bleed happened. I seriously hope this isn't causing the problem.

Oh, man. The bedrest ladies are swamping the thread! LOL. Hope you guys don't mind. Feel free to counter our rambling with ample posting! It's nice to have a place like this to come to...

#41 of 849 Old 06-27-2008, 12:34 PM

yes, its the same, the mthfr... and it does seem to be very common, if you get tested. i have continued with baby aspirin, no one has told me not to... actually i just called the ob office and asked and they said if i wanted to try to i could stop the baby aspirin for 2 weeks but need to be on it for the remainder of the pregnancy. what? its so frustrating that they just don't know!

well, after your appointment, did they say to stay on strict bedrest or did they modify it? just curious, because your scan went so well, i didn't know if it affected your motility level.

what is really frustrating is the huge realm of opinions ranging from one side to the opposite spectrum. bedrest. no bedrest. i have talked to 3 separate peri's over the past few years and they all had very different perspectives on most things. its bothersome, because, i mean, you can always find someone who will tell you what you want to hear or are hoping to hear, but does that mean that it is correct? i read online that mostly they tell you bedrest so that you don't feel responsible if you lose the pregnancy. that it doesn't actually do anything to improve the sch. this is all second hand from what the women's doctors are telling them, but you get the gist of it. it will be interesting to hear what this new peri has to say.

one thing i am doing is drinking lots of water! that seems to be helping, this is the 4th full day of bedrest and i didn't have any bleeding yesterday

so, did your sister move in to help with your daughter? its nice she is helping with the cleaning. we have 3 hairy dogs and they are like fuzz machines, the house is really fuzzy right now! husband cleans on sundays

i think about the bedrest alot, wanting to get off of it... its beautiful summer and i need to be working, etc. but, the thing is, how quickly i forget, how terrified i was on sunday when i had that big bleed, and how much i love this baby, when i am not bleeding, it is easy to think 'well its all better' but i know its not. it is really scary waiting for another bleed.

thanks for chatting chesapeakeborn
#42 of 849 Old 06-27-2008, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I've run into the same thing - a huge spectrum of opinions regarding bedrest. I have found that most doctors say pelvic rest is the way to go. But most SCH women say bedrest. The truth is that I could not trust what the doctors were saying until I found a doctor I can trust. Does that make sense? I could always tell that the other doctors did not really have much experience with this condition or they weren't really sure about what they were seeing on that u/s screen. But this doctor is different. The equipment he used for the scan was different. I finally have complete confidence in someone.

He said that I should get up on my feet a little more; I need to keep some muscle strength up and it also wouldn't be bad to let that blood that is in there drain some. So I am continuing to work from home and basically stay at home (too scared to have a gusher anywhere else). But no bending, twisting, lifting, etc etc for me. I have been lying down for nearly 2 months now, so I still have to get the courage just to sit up. I noticed I get crampy when I go to my doctor's appointments so I never want to be up for long. Bedrest was really hard for me at first. We are a very active family and spend a lot of time outdoors. Eventually I got used to it. I just so want a healthy baby.

My sister and nephew actually moved in because they sold their house and needed a place to stay while looking for another one (and waiting on a divorce settlement). The timing couldn't have been more perfect. Rather than paying rent (which I think would be ridiculous), she helps my husband with cleaning, shopping, errands, and taking care of our daughter. It looks like they are going to be here for awhile and that's great. I so appreciate her help around here.

I will be easing off my progesterone supplements this week and am nervous about that. I will be starting progesterone shots around 18 weeks because of my history of preterm labor. I am assuming you have been on supplements too? If so, how long are you staying on them?

#43 of 849 Old 06-27-2008, 01:27 PM

i am on 1cc(50mg) progesterone in sesame oil, IM once a day. not too bad. i stopped estrogen at 10.5 weeks made me really bloated and look like i was 20 wks pregnant at 12wks! now i look more normal for 14 weeks.

i'll stay on the progesterone thru week 16. right around when you are getting geared up to start yours! i am a little nervous about stopping too, although placenta will be well into making its own by then. r.e. said to stop at 10wks, ob said 13wks, and peri said 16wks, so peri wins (peri always seems to win).

so, that's awesome about your sister!! great timing and works for everyone! my mom comes and goes, it figures she is gone the day i started bedrest! she'll be back this next week, so that will help, at least with the dogs! they are starved for a good walk!!

well, my job is alot of running around, and standing around, with some twisting, bending, and lifting thrown in for good measure. if i can go back, it will be in a limited capacity. i was working the night before the big bleed, and i did something really dumb- you know, i thought things were going alright and the spotting was consistant and light, so i lifted something really heavy and then the next day, bam, into the e/r. so, no more dumb stupid things. i was in absolute tears thinking that i lost this baby because i did something dumb like that. i won't be stupid again. the thing is, you just forget, almost, because it is all second nature stuff- activity is something you don't think about, you just do it. so, maybe being in bed is better, anyway. i don't know. i am going to sit outside this afternoon, get some sun on my face.

whoopie!
#44 of 849 Old 06-27-2008, 07:24 PM

Well of course the bedrest mommies are dominating the thread, what else do we have to do?

CB I hear you about it being hard to get up again, you get into a groove and it feels almost transgressive to upset it. Take it slow and see what you can do. I also get crampy if I do too much and then I know its time to take it easy for a while.

IC they are also really iffy about whether bedrest helps or not, last time my doc was pretty conservative, this one (same office just different doc) is less so, I was planning on being up a little more this time though so it jibes with how I was feeling.

We haven't had TV for the last 6 years, since we moved to this house. Yesterday we finally hooked up satellite TV and I'm both loving it and hating it...but my son in just one day, my son who hates TV, has gotten hooked on Blue's Clues. I'm horrified, but also secretly thrilled. Its actually hard if your child won't watch TV.
#45 of 849 Old 06-27-2008, 09:34 PM

we don't own a tv either (going on 9 years now) but honestly, i don't know if i could handle bedrest without one! i mean, i am not on bedrest so what do i know, but it seems like a good time killer (assuming you don't get too zombied out on it-- although maybe zombie is good sometimes??). we have netflix and watch alot of stuff online, but it doesn't compare to satellite!

my appointment went well today, uneventful, which is good. got to hear the heartbeat, which always nice! it was fast, which is making me reconsider my "its a boy" theory. basically the mw said that we'll decide what to do after the 20wk u/s schedules for aug 5th. still waiting and seeing i guess.
#46 of 849 Old 06-27-2008, 10:21 PM

blair,
good news about your appointment so, how fast does the hb have to be to be a girl hb?! i got 161 today!

well, we have satellite, but upstairs in bedrest central, we have a small b&w tv that only gets abc,cbs,pbs,&nbc. i watched a soap opera today!! jeez, nothing ever changes in pine valley!

i would love it to get like, an entire season of satc or sopranos or weeds or any other tv phenomanom (that word is so hard to spell) that i managed to miss. but, i am lucky to get my afternoon decaf i won't push it!

2nd day of no bleeding!
#47 of 849 Old 06-27-2008, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulshine View Post
blair,
good news about your appointment so, how fast does the hb have to be to be a girl hb?! i got 161 today!
well, it's an old wives tale, but i've always heard that 150-160ish means girl and 130-140ish means boy. who knows though!

yay for two days of no bleeding!
#48 of 849 Old 06-27-2008, 10:25 PM

btw, blair, i love love love your etsy shop!

so, tell me more about it? you make all those clothes?! they are really adorable and make me crave a baby so much! do you know those cute babies that model the clothes?!

well, when i get there, i bookmarked it so when i am ready to get this little one a little something something, i know where to go.
#49 of 849 Old 06-28-2008, 12:25 AM

aw, thanks soulshine! it's a pretty fun business to have, most of the time! i make 99% of it myself, with the exception of wholesale orders, which i have two additional seamstresses for. all the models are the kiddos of friends here in town, and of course me own kiddo! this one's mine: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=12342593 though she's a little bigger and has longer hair now! in general i like it alot, though i will likely close shop indefinately when this baby comes along. childcare here is awful so i dont even want to entertain the notion of trying to keep up with everything!

thanks again! : (i love that smiley!)
#50 of 849 Old 06-28-2008, 07:10 PM

hey ladies, i was wondering if any of you have tried guided meditation type exercises? i have found them to be VERY helpful with the stress of high risk pregnancy. a friend gave me one (that is actually more for people with chronic pain, but whatever) when i was pregnant with dd. it was a lifesaver! i am not usually into that sort of thing (i can never clear my head, sit still, etc) but i honestly think it did a world of good for helping me relax, focus on being healthy, sending positive energy to my baby, and just enjoy being pregnant, even if for a few moments here and there.

i thought it might be helpful for those of you on bedrest... for those times when you can't get comfortable, much less get your mind off of where you are at the moment, etc. the one i have is by a lady named ruth belle naparstek, i am sure she has some pregnancy ones at as well, but any of them are great!

just a thought
#51 of 849 Old 06-28-2008, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

I've tried some meditation podcasts (and Mindfulness for Beginners), but can't seem to find one that suits me. I really like the idea of finding one that focuses on healing! Maybe there is even one for pregnant mamas. Off to do some searching.....

#52 of 849 Old 06-28-2008, 09:31 PM

the one i have focuses on healing as well, so it really works well for me. plus her voice is just super soothing to me for some reason.
#53 of 849 Old 06-29-2008, 12:02 AM

i used an anji cd for relaxation specifically designed for ivf patients... it was incredibly helpful, very soothing, guided imagery. then, i realized she does them for 1st, 2nd, 3rd trimesters, also birth, AND cesarean birth (just realized this and so happy i found it!).

here's the link... http://store.anjionline.com/-strse-P...Categories.bok

i bought the one for the 1st trimester, but, confession, have never listened to it because i was just too darn nervous!! so, i am thinking of getting the 2nd trimester one, and i know you can download them directly or wait for the cd by mail.

anyway, that's my suggestion. i swear, the ivf cd really relaxed me thru that stressful process. i am sure her others are very similiar.

if you scroll down the side bar of that link, she's got lots of cd's worth...

woops! here is one just for bedrest!! http://store.anjionline.com/-strse-1...bor/Detail.bok

i may order this tomorrow!

how's everyone hanging in? avivaelona, i know you're chillin' on the veranda... blair, your daughter isabel is very, very adorable! thanks for the link! chesapeakeborn, how is your modification of the bedrest going? were you ambulatory today? i was exhausted today, no idea why. a little depressed, maybe?

this is one full week for me! my a$$ is killin'! my dogs are bored. but, baby is alive and inside, and, according to ff's pregnancy calendar...

"Your baby measures about 3.7 to 4.1 inches (about 9.3 to 10.3cm) from crown to rump and weighs about 1.75 ounces (50g).

Your baby's bones still consist of soft cartilage but they are now beginning to harden and the development of the bones and the marrow continues. Her ears are developing into a more recognizable shape and any hair already on the head and brows will become thicker.

Your baby may already be sucking her thumb.

Her skin is thin and translucent and all her blood vessels can be seen through it.

Her hair continues to grow on her head and her eyebrows. If her hair will be dark, the follicles will start to generate pigment to color her hair.

Your baby is moving more now and is becoming increasingly flexible. She can bend her arms at the elbows and wrists and she can make tiny fists with her hands."
#54 of 849 Old 06-29-2008, 12:15 AM

oh, that's great there is one for a c-section, i was thinking about that just today. i am hoping that they will let the babe stay with me afterwards (as i get my tubes tied and all finished up, and in recovery) but in case they won't or can't it would be really good to have something else to focus on!
#55 of 849 Old 06-29-2008, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the CD links, soulshine! Can't wait to check then out. I have exhausted days even on bedrest. Doesn't seem like we're doing much, but our bodies are!

Yeah, so, my modified bed rest is not so modified. I am too scared to change anything! I get achy and crampy when I am sitting or standing and I know I need to keep my pelvic/abdominal muscles strong, but I haven't been able to do it. How do I get past this?

#56 of 849 Old 06-29-2008, 06:57 PM

blah. one week of bedrest and i am going berserko.

(although, this time last week, i thought i was losing the baby, so i really cannot complain too much here...)

the problem i am having is that husband and i have our own business, and with me not there, the things that i am in charge of are obviously not up to standard and it is driving me bananas!! what am i supposed to do about this?

like, for instance, blair, what if someone else had to make your baby clothes while you were on bedrest, and you took a look at one of them and like, there was no buttons on one, or something was sewn really shoddily... so frustrating!!

i don't think i am a control freak or anything, and i am just hoping for the best, but... it is so frustrating to be stuck with my a$$ to this mattress!!

(googled our business and it got a bad review on wednesday- we never get bad reviews!! waaaaahhhhhh.)

so, while i am more than happy to do whatever it takes to grow this healthy baby for 6 more months, i don't know how to come to a place of peace about my 'other' life going on without me!!
#57 of 849 Old 06-29-2008, 07:04 PM

chesapeakeborn,
i have no idea, because i feel the same way! maybe you can save your times of motility to when your husband is home and things are 'safer', so if something happens, you have that safety net... i worry something is going to happen and i am home alone.

when my husband gets home, he doesn't want to see me doing anything! he has gotten so protective over the bedrest. blahhhhhh.

i wonder when we will feel 'safer'.
even if i get the green light to go back to work, i am going to do it in a very limited way- just an overseer, not a do-er. i can be a hero after this baby is born healthy and safe!
#58 of 849 Old 06-29-2008, 08:20 PM

i've pretty much decided, soulshine, that if i had to go on bedrest, the business would be closed indefinately. i have two good seamstresses that i trust with *some* things, but there are other details that i would not want anyone else doing!
#59 of 849 Old 06-30-2008, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, man soulshine. That is a tough one. I kinda know what you are talking about. I mean, I deal with the same "I'm not involved anymore and things are going to !@#$" thing just around my house (DH is a sweety but has different priorities ). But it is different when it is a business. Have you spoken with your husband about your concerns? If you have other employees, maybe you could call a meeting (via speakerphone?). And it may be a good idea to post a notice in your storefront (either physical or website) in which you ask your wonderful customers to have patience as you work through this challenge. That way they'd think twice before they give a negative review. Would that help?

Let us know how your scan goes today! Hope you get some answers.

Oh, btw, I downloaded the bedrest meditation from anji! I can't wait to listen to it. I'll come back with a review for you all.

Hope everyone is doing well today. Sage, how are you? Any more pain?

#60 of 849 Old 06-30-2008, 06:58 PM

chesapeakeborn,
ok, i am back form my u/s and i want to have some 'sch' talk with you

from your description of your u/s, i had high hopes. the usual peri is on vacation so i got the fill-in peri.

the u/s tech took a ton of anatomical measurements to date baby, etc. fortunately and most importantly, baby looks great, measures 5 days ahead of my calendar dates, and was active and had a healthy heartbeat, and if i do say so myself is adorable, especially in profile (don't care for the 4-d images as of yet because baby doesn't have alot of soft-tissue at this point...) anyway,

the u/s tech took a few pics of the sch, measured it, and then went to get peri. peri comes in and asks us what we know about sch, i tell him a boatload of stuff, and he agrees with it all.

tells me, sort of in a vague way, after i asked, where the sch is, where the placenta is, how big the sch is, and then reiterates that there isn't a damn thing they can do about. his take on bed rest is that you definately bleed less while on bed rest, but there is no proof that bedrest will change the outcome of the sch in terms of the pregnancy being successful or not, or even if the sch will shrink, bleed out or get larger.

he told me if i had a big bleed again to get to the hospital, and it isn't unexpected that it could happen again. he said the sch could stay around the entire pregnancy!

he said at 24wks, the sch start 'driving the doctors crazy' because the bleeding could be masking other causes for bleeding, like PROM or placenta abruption. he also said the sch can cause those 2 things too, or at least make the risk of them higher than a 'normal' pregnancy.,

so, he ok'd me trying out a few hours of work a day, light work. he said strict bedrest makes you insane, so getting up and moving around 'making friends with the remote' are all good bed-resty things to do.

it is so scary thinking i could have a gigantic bleed at any moment!

he didn't say whether there was blood in my uterus from it, the u/s tech didn't do any measurments like that. my cervix is long and closed! woohoooo! love that.

so, i guess what i want to know, chesapeakeborn, is- is that what your's said, or was your more detailed? did he give you a precise measurement of the sch? like XbyYbyZ numbers? did he give you a precise placement of the placenta in terms of where it is in the uterus compared to exactly where the sch is? did he have any other comments?

anything you can tell me is so appreciated. i was hoping for more info, and i guess the thing is, i was hoping for better news, like the stupid thing has gone away.

sigh.

but, that baby sure is cute! couldn't get a look at the gender yet- or the u/s tech felt that it was too soon to venture a good guess, so she just breezed on by!!

well, how is everyone else doing? i had some brown spotting last night. after 3 days of nothing! thank goodness for my doppler! (i know that isn't very popular here on mdc, but, well, if the majority of people on mdc has losses like mine or yours, they may understand a little better the mental sanity a doppler gives you for the 10 seconds you use it)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page