That's a great costume!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#662 of 849 Old 11-01-2008, 02:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thats an awesome costume!! Great idea!

So I force myself to sit on a chair in my diningroom so that my mom doesn't have to give out candy alone. Among the many people that knock on the door, one little girl, about 15 months old walks right in to dive into the huge box of candy! LOL.. she was so cute! Her mom starts after her, apologizing profusely and she looks at me and says "Hey! You live here? I live just down the road!"
Its my favorite nurse!!!!! She lies and tells me I look great and says she's really happy to hear about my impending section and how fantastic it will be when our son is home with us and all this is over.
I kept a list of my favorite nurses so that I can come up with a small thank you. I now know how to thank this one! I'll have them over for dinner and some hot tubbing when I'm ok to be in the hot tub! Yay!
#663 of 849 Old 11-01-2008, 11:41 AM

Oh that's funny Sage.

Selena I love that costume, I feel a little lame that I missed out on the opportunity for a once in a lifetime costume...I'll never be 8 months pregnant on Halloween again. Also we have those same baskets in our kitchen and they equally have random stuff sticking out, I love seeing pix of people's kitchens.
#664 of 849 Old 11-01-2008, 09:40 PM

Ugh.. I'm thinking about going back to the hospital for a shot of demerol. Its been more than a few days since I've had any pain relief. My aunt came over and I was laying down as its getting more and more painful to sit up. I turned and smiled at her and she got sad. She said she loves me but it hurts her to see me in this much pain, visibly over tired and stressed. That hurts my feelings. I know it shouldn't, but I try so hard to put on a happy face all day. I see my reflection and I know I look like hell, I have dark bags under my eyes and I look like I'm on the verge of breaking down.
I feel so frickin guilty about these shots of demerol. I keep thinking that my son is going to end up a junkie as an adult and it will all be because of all these pain killers I've gotten. I torture myself with these thoughts. I try to stop as I know I'm stressing unnecessarily, but I just can't find a way to look as this positively. Taking drugs while pregnant, most women would cringe at the thought and here I am calling the hospital to see if I can.

I watch my belly move as my son stretches out and I'm in love with him. I can finally hear his heartbeat on the stethoscope. I love this and I want it over with. I hate that.

** update**

Well apparently everyone on the mat ward knows me. I called in and asked who the OB on tonight is and the nurse, who I'd never heard of before, asked me why and I said because three of them are very familiar with me and if it was them I could set up the order before I came in. I said all of this through the heaving of crying, which is always pleasant eh? Anyways she asked who I am, I said my name and she said, "Oh sweetie, I know who you are. I'll call the doc right away. You call me back ok?"
We got there and I went to hand them my carecard, but they waved it off and opened the door and ushed me in. She said you just stand up for half a second so I can check the baby's heartrate, I'll poke you, and you can go. Roll through service with a smile.

Very few women who have had PSD like me are dumb enough to do it a third time. I should get some kind of award or something.
I went in and she gave me the shot. Then she asked me why I don't use oxycodone. I was shocked that she would suggest that. Oxycodone is like the heroine of narcotics. I was given that for 8 months during my bout of pancreatic treason. I would never, ever, EVER consider using that during pregnancy! It actually changes the composition of muscle fiber and cellular construction. I wouldn't use that during pregnancy. I'm really surprised.

Erica, I have a question for you: I don't like chocolate, I'm not a sweets lover. I eat ice cream and chocolatey stuff maybe 4 times a year. I'm a salty snacks girl. But for the last two weeks or so I NEED chocolate and ice cream. Its not a pregnancy thing, I've never had a sweets craving before, ever. In fact when chocolate coats the inside of my mouth, I gag. But lately I can't stop wanting some. I think about something sweet every 10 mins. This has something to do with the diabetes right? Its all I can come up with.
#665 of 849 Old 11-02-2008, 01:12 AM

I'm having a hard time keeping my head in the right place, if that makes sense. My contractions have been getting a lot stronger and I find myself needing to breathe and pay attention to get through them. Then I feel sort of confused...not rationally but in my pregnant brain...whether to let my body labor or to try to stop things. I am resting and taking my meds and things, but it's just an overwhelming feeling.

I know that a positive FFN doesn't mean we'll have a baby this week, but given my history, symptoms and short/slightly dilated cervix, it does mean something. Not 99% we'll have a baby this week, but not 1% either...
#666 of 849 Old 11-02-2008, 10:54 AM

Wow! Busy week here for everyone!

Erica, glad the GD is still manageable. Hope your Dad is doing OK! That is not a fun issue to be dealing with! Have you been doing the cat/cow pose? I don't know much about helping a baby turn, but I remember my yoga instructor mentioning it.

Sara, hoping your little guy stays put a bit longer! Great news on the growth though!

Selena, love the costume too! Have you tried the chewable papaya enzymes? Not sure if they would help the acid reflux, and maybe help your body break down food a little faster - which could help if you can't keep it down very long! I wish you were around the corner and I would share some of my soup creations with you!

Sage, congrats on progress with the new OB! What a relief to know you will be going through birth with someone you are comfortable with. It is a bummer that you don't get the VBAC, but at least you have soem warning this time and can plan for things! Best of luck to you!

Sounds like everyone else is hanging in there too! Grow babies, grow!!!

I am in a better space today. I was a bit stressed at the last post between the kids' issues and my bp bouncing around. Those 20 point swings in a day make me pretty crabby! I'm in a state of acceptance now that it will climb and that is fine. I guess I was hopeful with all this rest that it would wait a bit longer before climbing, or just do better in general this time. On the bright side I am up and moving more, with no signs of any problems from the sch!!! I walked a lot trick or treating too, and not one contraction!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Christy
#667 of 849 Old 11-02-2008, 10:57 AM

Ooops! Forgot something! Any opinions on baby names?

We have been calling her Ana, as in Ah-nah. We originally were thinking of Elliana, and just calling her Ana for short. We are back and forth on a middle name though. Both of us like Dannielle, but Tom only likes it if we go with Ana, not Elliana. He says Elliana Danielle is way too long. I disagree! I think it would be fun to write, and for the most part she will just be Ellie or Ana anyways.

THoughts?

Is Elliana Dannielle too long?

THanks for any input!

Christy
#668 of 849 Old 11-02-2008, 01:44 PM

Ellieana Dannielle repeats the "ana" and the "elle" sound. This is sweet in a way, but something to think about?

We're still trying to figure out the whole name thing. I still love Zephan, short for Zephaniah, but my husband is not convinced. I like Zane as well. My husband is open to a lot of names, but doesn't feel strongly about anything yet. It's hard to figure out names for the 3rd boy!
#669 of 849 Old 11-02-2008, 02:33 PM

sara, thinking of you. just so you know i know lots of women whove had the cervix, ptl, and the positive FFN - that turned out to be the not positive FFN. as someone mentioned, the postive accuracy for that test is 20% . and while its true that you also have all these other issues, so does every gal that takes an ffn test - thats why they are given the test. you know what i mean? and teh accuracy is still only 20%. so i hope your babe gets to cook a bit if thats what you want.

you guys sound good this weekend! sage, im glad youre getting nicer care and have relatives that love you around. dont feeel you have to put on a happy face for them. they are there to take care of you.

my girlfriends and their hubbies brought a spectacular brunch over yesterday and set me up on the couch in the rain with a fire going. it was much fun.

christy, FWWIIW, i agree that the only issue with those two names isntt that the names are too long but too similar. but its what you like, after all.

lets all have a great week, ladies!
#670 of 849 Old 11-02-2008, 04:06 PM

Sarah you gotta hang in there a little longer if you can! Just a couple more weeks til your babe is in a much better place to be born. Zephaniah is a cool name with Zephan or Zeph as short options, I love it and think it goes really well with Asher and Micah. (and even Zip as a really cute baby nickname) LOL, or use Japhet. Have I mentioned that Micah is in the running as a middle name for baby on the way? Its not high on the list now because we are still trying to find something to honor my grandmother Claire but if we don't its my first choice. One of the other possible middle name choices we have is Zohar if that gives you ideas.

Christy, It is a little repetitive but not unbearably so. I would spell it without the extra letters. The usual spelling would be Eliana Danielle and honestly I think that looks much better than putting the extra l and n on the names, plus it looks shorter and doesn't make it look like its supposed to be pronounced "ELLIE ANNA" but rather El-ee-ahna which seems to be what you want. (notice Sara added an extra e...I think that confusion might happen a lot with an extra l in there) You could just go with Liana Danielle...a little less repetitive and gives you both Ana and Lee to use as nicknames and its just a touch less repetitive. Or how about Eliane Daniella (El-ee-ahn)? I have to admit though that Eliana is one of my very favorite names so I'd want to use it that way too. Ariana, Oriana and Mariana are some other names which give you that ah-na sound without being quite as repetive with Danielle

Sage I'm glad you got some sympathetic care. I'd say two things about the sweets and chocolate cravings 1) eating fewer carbs craving them is normal, and sweets are the most concentrated carbs, plus you know you can't have them so of course you want them. I don't think its the GD persay but rather the diet you have to be on making you crave them. Did they ever put you on insulin or are the two glyburide working? 2) chocolate has been discovered to help prevent pre-eclampsia for some unknown reason so if with your crazy pregnancy you are craving some chocolate I'd indulge...try it as dark as you can with as little sugar as you can and if you don't generally like the taste of chocolate try having it with a lot of milk like in a hot chocolate and it won't "stick" in your mouth so much.

My dad is good, he is supposed to be out of the hospital today. I'm good too, sore and cranky...but the GD is staying more or less at bay at the moment and baby is still turning around...he was vertex for a while, and then I think he went transverse, I can't tell how he is now, but I'm a little less worried now that I know he still CAN turn. Something is up in my left ribs at the moment, could be a knee or a head, who knows, he's a SQUIRMY kid, less constantly active than Japhy was, less busy buzzy than Isaac...he has quiet moments but he has no preferred position and just worms and squirms a lot more than he kicks.
#671 of 849 Old 11-03-2008, 12:31 AM

still here no baby. will chat tomorrow
#672 of 849 Old 11-03-2008, 08:18 PM

I'm in the hospital...this time to stay for at least a few days.

The contractions continued to build over the weekend and eventually my husband and I decided it was time to go in to the hospital. Good thing, I was contracting about every 4 minutes despite rest, hydratrion, terbutaline, etc. Last night they admitted me and put me on IV magnesuim, which so far is working. I feel terrible, but it is slowing the contractions long enough to get steroids on board. In a few days, they will try to switch back to ibuprofen and decide whether to keep me in the hospital or send me home - depending on what's going on with baby, fluid levels, and ptl stuff. It's really hard to think about dealing with this much pain (contractions) or feeling this terrible (mag sulfate) for much longer, but I'm trying to just get through each hour.

I'm still hoping for Zephan. Hopefully my DH will come around to that name!

How is everyone else holding up?
#673 of 849 Old 11-03-2008, 09:56 PM

Sara, my friend was on Mag for a while with her twins, she did keep them in a few more weeks. Hang in there sweetie. Baby Zephan STAY in there a bit longer.

Sage how you doing?

Selena on the other hand, tell that baby he's got to come out and meet you already!

Me fine. Grumpy.
#674 of 849 Old 11-03-2008, 10:21 PM

I am crummy. But there is a light...

My OB called this morning and I'm scheduled for the 13th at 7:45 am. A full moon baby!

Sara, hang in there! Hopefully your baby will stay a couple more weeks!
#675 of 849 Old 11-04-2008, 01:55 AM

Thanks for the input on the names everyone!

Sara, I did the mag sulfate for several days. Not too fun, but worth it to give the steroids time to work - hang in there!

Sage, congrats on the ultrasound date being set! That has to be a relief to know you will finally have Lucien in your arms!

AFM, just hanging in there too!

Christy
#676 of 849 Old 11-04-2008, 02:24 AM

Sage- Yay for an earlier date.

Sara- I hope your little one stays in for awhile.

Erica-glad to here your dad is doing better, and that baby still has room to move and turn in there.

Christy- I like your names, repetitive a little, but how often do you use their whole name?

AFM- MW finally came over today after she was supposed to come Fri, Sat & Sun. she stripped my membranes and I have progressed a bit. I am now 90% effaced, 1 cm and a bit, very soft and anterior. Wahoo for change. she also OK'ed the Cohashes if I wanted to give them a try. and she will come back & strip again in 3 days if nothing happens.
#677 of 849 Old 11-04-2008, 03:26 AM

Selena, it sounds like you are getting close...hoping for an easy labor soon!

Sage, I am glad to hear you have an end date. It must be nice to know that your pain and things will be over soon.

Erica, we tried frozen peas on the top of my belly during a warm bath last week and I think that helped baby turn. He was breech again today, and then head down, and then transverse...in other words he has lots of room. But peas...

The magnesium is miserable, but they were able to turn it down a little tonight. I'm contracting more, but not enough to buy myself terbutaline or more mag. Probably just benadryl tonight. Both of my doctors were great today...I feel like they are both listening to how I'm feeling and they aren't going to keep me here for no reason, but they'll also not kick me out.

Anyway...I'm thankful I already sent in my ballot and sort of looking forward to the next 24 hours of election tv...
#678 of 849 Old 11-04-2008, 08:40 PM

two happy words to share:

BLOODY SHOW
#679 of 849 Old 11-04-2008, 09:54 PM

oooh things are starting mama!!! Good luck!
#680 of 849 Old 11-04-2008, 11:03 PM

So selena, do we have an election day baby?
#681 of 849 Old 11-04-2008, 11:38 PM

still working on it contrax about 1 min a few apart, getting more intense, going to get in bath when I'm done eating dinner
#682 of 849 Old 11-05-2008, 01:22 AM

oh Selena, this is so great! Keep us updated ok?
#683 of 849 Old 11-05-2008, 03:34 AM

More show, still contracting, prob sometime tomorrow morning
#684 of 849 Old 11-05-2008, 03:36 AM

selena!!! sending you easy labor vibes. have a wonderful birth! let us know when you can!
#685 of 849 Old 11-05-2008, 04:00 AM

Yay! Sending smooth and easy vibes.
#686 of 849 Old 11-05-2008, 11:44 AM

well I am still waiting but contrax woke me up and I can't sleep. Yay for labor.
#687 of 849 Old 11-05-2008, 03:59 PM

Man that baby is taking its sweeeet time. Yay for labor though, and I can't wait for the news!
#688 of 849 Old 11-05-2008, 06:04 PM

This is it. I've broken. I cannot take this anymore. I'm in constant pain everyday, all day and I haven't gotten 5 mins of sleep in 4 days. I spent all night screaming/crying. I'm breaking down. I cannot deal with this kind of pain without sleep. Most women I know in their third trimester not only sleep all night, but nap during the day. My body is using all my energy for the baby and I'm left empty to deal with the pain.
I called the OB's office and he's in surgeries at the hospital all day today and in meetings all day tomorrow. I called the triage and they said he's there, just come down. I can't go on like this. Last night was it.
Something in my body changed a few days ago, as soon as I lay down the pain sets in horribly and I have no choice but to move every 10 mins, which kills me, almost literally. It sounds dramatic I know, but really I feel like I could die when I'm screaming, reaching out for something thats not there to help me.

I feel awful, weak and broken and I don't know how much longer I can carry this for. I have no choice but to sit up now, and sitting up hurts so badly, but laying down is just not an option.

I'm sorry. I lean on you guys to vent. There's nothing to be said, nothing to be done. Just the words I write.
#689 of 849 Old 11-05-2008, 07:03 PM

Sage and Selena, I'm right there with you. Hard night and morning...

Yesterday when they took me off mag sulfate, my contractions returned stronger than ever. We tried ibuprofen and then terbutaline, again, but these did not work. Eventually we went back on mag. I ended up contracting through the night and I'm still contracting today. The magnesium is slowling labor, but not enough that I am getting much rest. I don't know how long I can keep this up. I can't eat much without throwing up, and it is hard to labor while laying on my side in bed. We're looking at staying on mag through the end of today or maybe Thursday and then trying to stop it again, I guess this time letting labor go. Which would mean a baby born right around 30 weeks. He's probably at least 3 1/2 pounds and we're in a great hospital with an excellent nicu. But wow. Hard. I'm sometimes crying, sometimes shaking, most of the time just trying to rest and let whatever needs to happen here happen.
#690 of 849 Old 11-05-2008, 09:32 PM

Hugs mommas

Sage can they just move the section up? If not, hang on, just a few more days.

Sara I'm thinking of you and sending you strength and hope and vitality for little "Zephan" if he does have to come early.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page