***High Risk Mamas Support Thread*** - Page 29 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#841 of 849 Old 01-30-2009, 04:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So glad Ana is here! What great news at the end of all of this!

Zephan is still doing well. He's now 7 pounds 14 ounces - more than double what he weighed when he was born 10 weeks ago. He feels very much like a part of our family. We're sleeping okay as long as he is in our bed. I'd like to have him in the cosleeper or his crib more, but he sleeps best with me so for now that's okay. My husband has been off work all month, but he goes back on Monday. We're settling into a new normal. But all good things...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#842 of 849 Old 01-30-2009, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Glad to hear that everyone is doing so well! Welcome Ana! :

I am still in babymoon heaven. I just can't get enough of him!

Holly, I totally missed the details on your tv series. Can you tell me what it is about and what network it will air on? I tried to go back and find a post about it.

I still think of soulshine often... I hope she has found some peace and hope.

Marine ecologist wife to my kite-boarding soulmate and now a homeschooling SAHM to Annabelle 8/02 and Willem 12/08!
#843 of 849 Old 01-31-2009, 04:08 AM

you know i was thinking of soulshine too. a gal on my bedrest network lost a baby this week too and of course it just takes us all back.

my show is about olympic calibre gymnasts - it doesnt air til summer but ill keep you all posted.

my little guy is the yummiest thing ever. my mom is here and we're having the best time together treasuring him. im so grateful.

the first weeks after the c section were tough but im so much better now and so happy....
#844 of 849 Old 01-31-2009, 11:29 AM

For those of you that are not already over at pg after a loss now that we have our babies there is a great thread for mamas w/ babies after a loss I started this thread 2 years ago and it had been a great place for support as my little one turned into a toddler.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#845 of 849 Old 02-03-2009, 08:49 PM

Hey guys! I just wanted to pop in and say thank you again! Without you guys I don't know how I could have made it through my pregnancy! I hope every DDC has a thread like this!
#846 of 849 Old 02-04-2009, 10:41 AM

Thanks for all the congrats!

I think of Soulshine here and there too. I hope she is doing OK.

I am amazed at how much easier this whole postpartum period is with support! I am loving all the time to just sit and snuggle Ana. I still just can't believe she is here, and came under such great circumstances after all the ups and downs of this pregnancy!

Enjoy all those little ones!

Thanks again for all the support!
#847 of 849 Old 03-05-2009, 03:19 AM

Are any of you ladies on facebook? I know MDC will shut down this DDC in not too long. I'd be happy to keep in touch and see pictures of your little ones!

Zephan is doing well. Hard to believe he's going on 4 months! He's smiling, giggling, sucking on his hands, still breastfeeding like a champ. He's nearly trippled in size from 3 1/2 pounds to 10. We've packed up all the preemie and newborn clothes. Despite being 2 months early, he is a healthy, strong little boy. Just amazing.

Thank you all again for being there for me. I don't know how I would have made it through 5 months of bed rest without MDC! Seriously this was a lifeline on a lot of hard days. What a year.
#848 of 849 Old 03-06-2009, 08:15 PM

yes I'm on facebook, why don't we PM each other with real names so we can find one another. I'd love to keep in touch with you all, this little group was such a huge support for me during this pregnancy and I keep wondering how everyone is doing but rarely have time for typing! I read up a lot though, I just never have a free hand!.

I guess post here if you have facebook and want to connect and then anyone who wants can send a PM.

Or if someone knows how we could make a facebook group maybe? or maybe the whole DDC will make one? I don't know what usually happens when a DDC closes.
#849 of 849 Old 03-06-2009, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm not on facebook yet. I really need to get with the program, but I am making myself wait until I am done writing up this research project for work (since I am "working" from home, procrastinating on the computer is all too tempting!). That will be in the next few months for sure, so hopefully I'll still be able to come back and find everyone then!

Marine ecologist wife to my kite-boarding soulmate and now a homeschooling SAHM to Annabelle 8/02 and Willem 12/08!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page