Weak, can't breath, dizzy, racing heart???????? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 11-17-2008, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am hypoglycemic. It's not something you can check when checking blood sugar- it's based on symptoms.
When I was at my worst I would eat 1 mini doughnut (yes, the tiny ones) and feel dizzy/fast heart rate/can't breath within 30 min.
I had to change my diet. I don't like protein- hate eggs, etc. I love sugar and junk food.
I had to force myself to give up sugar and eat healthy- snacks were cheese, chicken, milk, yogurt, nuts, etc.
I have gotten to where I can eat sugary things- but I have to drink milk or have eggs with it-- like if I eat pancakes w/ syrup, if I don't have protein with it I will feel horrible.
I see you like your chocolate- but I think if you want to feel better, you have to let it go for now.
BTW- my symptoms are always worse when pregnant and if I'm hungry I have to eat, there is just no option if I want to feel descent. I actually have to eat within minutes of feeling hungry-
Once you get your diet going where your body feels good, you can start putting some sugars back in- but not alot and not all at one time.
It helps to eat some chicken breast or something similar in the middle of the night. I went out and bought a bunch of Boost- the extra protein one.

Rachel, wife to Brian, mother of 5. Lover of birth.
Blog on profile.
#32 of 35 Old 11-17-2008, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xakana View Post
Wanted to say that I'm in the same boat and pretty positive it's low blood pressure. It's supposed to be diagnosed by symptoms and not numbers. Mine has been running around 97/50 and I can tell it's effecting me negatively. My symptoms have become so bad I've collapsed before (a few months ago, everything tilted and spun, then I was on the ground).

That's very interesting b/c my bp has always run low, esp when pg, and when my mw checked it last week it was even lower than usual. I can't remember the exact number... I think like 107/50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelagain View Post
I am hypoglycemic. It's not something you can check when checking blood sugar- it's based on symptoms.
When I was at my worst I would eat 1 mini doughnut (yes, the tiny ones) and feel dizzy/fast heart rate/can't breath within 30 min.
I had to change my diet. I don't like protein- hate eggs, etc. I love sugar and junk food.
I had to force myself to give up sugar and eat healthy- snacks were cheese, chicken, milk, yogurt, nuts, etc.
I have gotten to where I can eat sugary things- but I have to drink milk or have eggs with it-- like if I eat pancakes w/ syrup, if I don't have protein with it I will feel horrible.
I see you like your chocolate- but I think if you want to feel better, you have to let it go for now.
BTW- my symptoms are always worse when pregnant and if I'm hungry I have to eat, there is just no option if I want to feel descent. I actually have to eat within minutes of feeling hungry-
Once you get your diet going where your body feels good, you can start putting some sugars back in- but not alot and not all at one time.
It helps to eat some chicken breast or something similar in the middle of the night. I went out and bought a bunch of Boost- the extra protein one.

This is interesting as well because I've always had to eat protein with carbs. Like if I eat toast I have to have milk, or if I make pasta it has to have meat with it or I just feel so sick and bloated and groggy. I also gain weight like crazy when I eat carbs/sugar and have yeast over growth in my gut and IBS issues. I've been trying to stop the sugar for years and just haven't figured out how to do without it. I crave it like CRAZY. And I hate it because I feel like a prisoner to it. It's an addiction, and I hate not feeling well. I read Lick The Sugar Habit and that scared me into wanting to stop, but it didn't tell me HOW. I saw the book Get The Sugar Out on Amazon the and plan to read it and try again after the baby is born... right now I've just got so much going on. I haven't been eating much sugar because with PTL and anxiety issues I just haven't had any appetite at all.

Maybe I've got several issues going on here?

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

#33 of 35 Old 11-17-2008, 10:49 PM

Just jumping in here!

I would get all this looked at to see exactly what it could be. Pregnancy can really toy with your body and it is always best to get something looked at instead of just popping a few vitamins (granted, that really cant hurt anyways as long as you don't take too much) in the hopes it will go away. It could be any number of things and sometimes, they can't figure it out.

Mommy to ds12, dd11, ds8, ds6, dd4, ^dd^ HB Loss, and dd 1
#34 of 35 Old 11-18-2008, 01:37 AM

Do you have a way to take your own blood pressure and pulse in the morning? That sounds a little like how I feel, especially in the morning, when my blood pressure is really low and my heart is racing. I got to a point earlier in this pregnancy that my bp was about 80 over 50 and my pulse was about 130. Felt terrible.

I've found that not eating enough, being anemic, being dehydrated or having slightly-off electrolytes can make all of these feels worse. As can the anxiety caused by worrying about it.

Drink lots of water, but also drink something like gatorade that has electrolytes. You might also try eating something a little salty. Just eating enough is important too.
#35 of 35 Old 11-18-2008, 05:06 PM

I really hope you feel better, Holly. I have had not much of an appetite this entire pregnancy as well. I tell dp i've been cheated! This is my 5th and SO different from the other 4....

I got blood work done today and SO much was taken out! I thought I was fine and had to do the "fast" overnight and took the test at 9am. We stopped and I got and egg/cheese on bread and OJ after that. By 10am I felt really bad. My belly hurt, I was lightheaded and we left the zoo at 11am b/c I was feeling dizzy, weak, sick, and awful! By noon I lost my breakfast and I went to lay down for a bit. I still feel like crud and I've had a few lightly salted almonds w/ dried fruit (cranberries, raisins). We're talking a few here. I have only wanted water all day and I am still lightheaded! But my belly hurts SO bad...wonder why? I must rest some more and lay down. Plus dp is gone for 3 days and i'm all alone here w/ my kids...way too tired and pregnant to be doing all this alone

I feel for you mama Hang in there

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page