What's on the *TO DO* List?? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-01-2008, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need to make freezer meals!!!

Then keep my house as clean as possible so that I won't have to worry about a messy house when I'm in labor or for a while after the birth.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2008, 02:22 PM

I need to:

Make freezer meals (just a couple since friends are making a food tree for us)
mop the floors downstairs
Gather birth items in a central location.

I've given up on knitting for now since I'm so tired all the time. It's everything I can do to just simply get out of bed, shower and do menial tasks. I'm bushed.

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

Old 12-01-2008, 02:43 PM

I've got all the baby stuff ready, all the necessities plus some wants. Cragis list is awesome!! And I really scored with our little thrift store. I'll post pics on my blog of her little room soon, just waiting on her rug.
I need to:
Hem wipes
Make freezer meals
Stock the pantry
Decorate for Christmas
Buy Christmas presents and ship them
Then kick my feet up and wait for little Libby to arrive!! And my mom is flying up on Christmas Day!! (We're in NY and all of our fam is in TX) She'll be a huge help!! She had seven herself and plus she's just an awesome mom. She'll probably clean and cook the two weeks she's here and just sit and have tea with me and play with the baby. I can't wait!! Then my SIL and MIL (both of whom I'm very close to) are coming for a long weekend in January! Love company!
So I want to have the house clean and laundry done but I know that when my family visits they'll help a bunch.

Happily married to my sweet DH with two precious girls (12/08) and (8/10) and a crazy puppy dog. Expecting blessing #3 around 12/10.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:09 PM

ack. I'm soooooooooo not ready! I made a list of things to do last night, and it's long. Then today I remembered that we haven't got a car seat! We have to physically go to a store that is far far away to test them out because we have a small car, and we'll be putting 3 seats across the back ... the 3 narrowest seats on the market are not easy to find. Once we figure out what "fits" - I may have to buy it online ... setting my timeline back even more.

Now everything is all screwed up because DH's grandma is dying - it's perfectly awful of me, but it's such awful timing. I don't even want DH to leave for the service (which they think may be on Friday - how's that for depressing, it's Monday, and they're planning a funeral, and she's not dead).

DD birthday party is Saturday, and we have an insanely busy week.
Tue: MW in the morning. US afternoon.
Wed: DD's actual birthday. Birth class, the most important class, can't miss.
Thu: music class
Fri: nature class. sibling birth class.
Sat: housekeeper in morning. party at 3:30.

We bought a tree last night - need to figure out how/where to set it up. Have to finish the piñata and the stuff for inside of it. Have to bake a cake and figure out a menu. Have to find DD birthday present! Don't even know who's actually coming to the party.

I'm sad and stressed out now.

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
Old 12-01-2008, 11:46 PM

Let's see... I seem to get lots done, but add more to the list. I'll keep it bare-bones for now.

1. Pack a hospital bag for me/DH. Pack an overnight bag for Kairi.
2. move my portable closet with maternity clothes out of the baby's room and into the basement. along with 2 boxes to storage.
3. Wash the coming-home outfit/blanket
4. fix the stupid accordion door (need to pick up a bolt from Lowe's) in the baby's room.
5. Find our baby monitor. I think it no longer works well, so we may just spring for a new one.

And that is it for the baby.

However... there is a whole lot more for me to do at work. I might even be working while in labor. Doh.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:18 AM

We got our car seat today! It is the Peg Perego Viaggia, the only one that will fit 3 across in our car ... and, of course, the most expensive choice. It's lime green with bubbles ... and they only had the floor model left in that color. We asked for a discount, and got it! Now, I'll just wash the cover and be all ready.

Also got the spare fitted sheet for our bed ... its a lovely maroon color, as I told my DD in the thrift shop: now, we don't have to worry about getting blood on it, since it's the color of blood!

Got a robe, flannel pjs to make nursing pads, 2 more shower curtains for the bed, and I finished getting the comfrey compresses ready.

We did one layer of paper mache on the disco-ball-piñata tonight, and I'm going to do a load of laundry, including the new sheet and the sheets for the moses basket. Need to think about washing diapers, but that will have to wait til next week.

Omi died this evening at 5:30 - DH is going to the funeral on Friday. He's staying home from work tomorrow for mw home visit, and we're going to get an ultrasound tomorrow, too - to check on the marginal placenta previa that they "found" way back in July. DD's birthday is on Wed. I haven't bought her birthday present yet! I need to find a way to sneak out to the antique district tomorrow to hunt down a locket - that's what she wants.

I'm just praying that the stress of this week doesn't start me in labor?

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
Old 12-02-2008, 07:51 AM

The main thing on my list is to decide whether to keep the MW that is ticking me off or go to the hospital with the OB that I went to last time. I am 'due' this Thursday so I need to decide soon. If I do decide to go to the hospital, then I'd need to get a few things together, but that shouldn't take too long. I want to discuss this with my doula, but she was at a birth last night so obviously couldn't talk. I just hope that I don't go into labor before making a decision.

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!

User Tag List