I feel cheated...TMI - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 33 Old 08-12-2008, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Call me crazy...but it makes me feel really dissatisfied when I feel the need to pee REAL BAD but then just a trickle comes out. There's a certain enjoyment one gets from really letting it all out and pregnancy seems to be cheating me of that. I'm embarrassed to admit it but at the same time I just had to get it off my chest. I'll go hide in a corner now. :
#2 of 33 Old 08-12-2008, 06:58 PM

Sounds like you may have a UTI?? I had never had one in my life and had the same thing u described with my last pregnancy but thought at the time it wasn't odd as I was 38 weeks pregnant. I didn't have any of the other symptoms and my midwife found it.

Oregon : mom x's 4 DS 1995 DD : 2005 DD2 2006 DD3 2008 hopeful future : Also full time college mom!
#3 of 33 Old 08-12-2008, 06:58 PM

you don't have a UTI DO YOU? YES, WE HAVE TO PEE A LOT WHEN PREGNANT, BUT YOU SHOULD GET MORE THAN A TRICKLE.. (sorry, caps was on & typing w/ one hand)
#4 of 33 Old 08-12-2008, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

It's not like a trickle trickle kwim? I seriously doubt I have a UTI. It's just not as long or strong as I expect. (sorry...couldn't resist using that last smiley...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Mothers Love View Post
you don't have a UTI DO YOU? YES, WE HAVE TO PEE A LOT WHEN PREGNANT, BUT YOU SHOULD GET MORE THAN A TRICKLE.. (sorry, caps was on & typing w/ one hand)
Glad you clarified about the caps lock. I thought I was being scolded!
#5 of 33 Old 08-12-2008, 07:19 PM

you DID say its ok to call you crazy right?

It happens to me too, its because the baby is putting pressure on our bladders which makes them feel fuller. But I trickle too.
#6 of 33 Old 08-12-2008, 07:47 PM

Growing up... my mom always told me that boys pee and girls trickle.
Just reminded me of that. :-)

I do the same thing... and no, I don't have a UTI. At night when baby isn't on my bladder so much I pee real good- but during the day I feel like I can hardly hold it and waddle to the bathroom... only to get a *tinkle... drip... drip* WHAT?? Seriously?! It is so annoying!

Rachel, wife to Brian, mother of 5. Lover of birth.
Blog on profile.
#7 of 33 Old 08-12-2008, 08:06 PM

Oh this made me laugh, I was expecting something much more dire from the thread title...but yes I understand exactly what you mean.
#8 of 33 Old 08-12-2008, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelagain View Post
but during the day I feel like I can hardly hold it and waddle to the bathroom... only to get a *tinkle... drip... drip* WHAT?? Seriously?! It is so annoying!
Good to know someone else finds it annoying! I thought everyone might think I was wacko for wanting to pee harder.
#9 of 33 Old 08-12-2008, 08:09 PM

Oh yes!! What's even more annoying is when I just peed like 10 minutes ago and suddenly have to go again. I just KNOW it's one of the babies bouncing on my bladder and that practically nothing is going to come out but I have to PEE so I have to get up and go anyway!
#10 of 33 Old 08-12-2008, 08:29 PM

ok, I have the same thing and this is what works for me. Especially as you get bigger. After you pee stand up still hanging over the toilet and move your belly around a bit, that moves the baby off of your bladder allowing for more relief.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#11 of 33 Old 08-12-2008, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyvangogh View Post
Call me crazy...but it makes me feel really dissatisfied when I feel the need to pee REAL BAD but then just a trickle comes out. There's a certain enjoyment one gets from really letting it all out and pregnancy seems to be cheating me of that. I'm embarrassed to admit it but at the same time I just had to get it off my chest. I'll go hide in a corner now. :
OMG! Me too!!

I was just telling DH the other day about this! I feel like I'm going to pee on myself, then go in and I barely pee. Probably less than a tsp!

These babies are squishing our bladders!
#12 of 33 Old 08-12-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Don't you DARE yell at her! I'll come kung fu you!
#13 of 33 Old 08-12-2008, 09:05 PM

ahahahahahahahahaahahahahaahaahhahaaha
#14 of 33 Old 08-12-2008, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferadurham View Post
Oh! My martial arts hero! *swoon*
#15 of 33 Old 08-12-2008, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboysmama View Post
ok, I have the same thing and this is what works for me. Especially as you get bigger. After you pee stand up still hanging over the toilet and move your belly around a bit, that moves the baby off of your bladder allowing for more relief.
And make sure you get all of this on film so you can show us exactly the right technique

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#16 of 33 Old 08-12-2008, 10:31 PM

Ok as long as we are discussing embarrassing pee techniques...I lean all the way forward...I mean ALL the way, like my head is on my knees basically. And that scoots baby out of the way usually enough that it all comes out. (usually not just harder but super jet fueled propulsion harder) Its not a comfortable position though in public restrooms!
#17 of 33 Old 08-12-2008, 10:55 PM

Quote:
you can't kung fu me...You wuv's me...remember:
#18 of 33 Old 08-13-2008, 01:58 AM

Quote:
you can't kung fu me...You wuv's me...remember:
Oh yeah...I forgetted. :

I still love you Holly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#19 of 33 Old 08-13-2008, 02:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh yeah...I forgetted. :

I still love you Holly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's OK. If her womb activities are any indication this little one is either going to be a world class dancer or a Ninja. So when she gets out I can always send her after A Mother's Love. She'll either kick her or do Swan Lake. :nana:
#20 of 33 Old 08-13-2008, 02:39 AM

OOOOH! OR...a swan lake as she is doing a ninja kick...that might actually be pretty. I'll video! This one is a kicker....maybe all of our kids can put on a show for us!!!!!!
#21 of 33 Old 08-13-2008, 02:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
OOOOH! OR...a swan lake as she is doing a ninja kick...
That would be AWESOME! A whole troupe of Ninjas could do ballet and go on a whirlwind world tour! Of course...the problem with that is Ninjas often move too quickly to be seen. So it might be a boring ballet to go see.

I'm actually listening to Swan Lake this very moment (I've been on a Tchaikovsky kick (no pun intended) the last couple of days...which is weird because I don't usually listen to music I can't sing along with).

And just in case you've never seen this: Ask A Ninja

ETA: Now I really want someone to make a Ninja smiley...
#22 of 33 Old 08-13-2008, 11:50 AM

Try leaning forward a bit after you have 'finished' ... and sometimes it helps to gently lift your belly off your lap as you get larger ... it allows those last few trickles to come out and may help you to sleep better too since you won't be up and down as often. I've been doing this for years and years ... since my second pregnancy I think. Hope it helps!
#23 of 33 Old 08-13-2008, 12:15 PM

You know, I was thinking this same exact thing a few days ago! My mom went on an unscheduled out of town trip on Friday, so I went down to her house to lock it up for the night (turn on lights, close blinds) and I seriously felt like I was going to pee myself when I got there. I ran (well...walked really fast ) to the bathroom and only a little bit came out. I told the baby "Hey, you in there! Get off my bladder!"

Rebecca DP
our baby girl (12/2008)
#24 of 33 Old 08-13-2008, 12:35 PM

Going through the same thing, I don't have a UTI, I did and treated it (with cranberry capsules) and now its gone. There's just constant pressure on my bladder, so I feel like I have to pee like a mad monkey ALL the time but really there's not much in there. So frustrating, so uncomfortable.

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

#25 of 33 Old 08-13-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avivaelona View Post
Ok as long as we are discussing embarrassing pee techniques...I lean all the way forward...I mean ALL the way, like my head is on my knees basically. And that scoots baby out of the way usually enough that it all comes out. (usually not just harder but super jet fueled propulsion harder) Its not a comfortable position though in public restrooms!
Yes! That's what I do too. Because otherwise, I found that after I *thought* I was done peeing and had gotten up and walked away, I'd sneeze or laugh or brush my teeth and... well... turns out the bladder wasn't reeeeaallly empty after all. : I went through a lot of undies before I figured out to lean forward and squarsh it ALL out.
#26 of 33 Old 08-13-2008, 02:39 PM

I have also heard that leaning forward helps to empty you out.
#27 of 33 Old 08-13-2008, 03:51 PM

I feel jiped too when I go and it like nothing! Man I walked al the way in here and that was it!! I love the nights when I actually sleep for like 4 or 5 hours straight through and pee like a race horse...I feel normal again!
#28 of 33 Old 08-13-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara Badger View Post
I feel jiped too when I go and it like nothing! Man I walked al the way in here and that was it!! I love the nights when I actually sleep for like 4 or 5 hours straight through and pee like a race horse...I feel normal again!
Ahh yes, the middle of the night pee! Aside from having to wake up, get my butt out of bed and onto the pot, they're very fulfilling, ya know.

Rebecca DP
our baby girl (12/2008)
#29 of 33 Old 08-13-2008, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara Badger View Post
I love the nights when I actually sleep for like 4 or 5 hours straight through and pee like a race horse...I feel normal again!
Have you ever been around a horse (or a cow for that matter) when it pees? Woo-wee! Gives that phrase a whole new level of strength!!! I've had tub faucets with less water pressure than that!
#30 of 33 Old 08-13-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyvangogh View Post
Have you ever been around a horse (or a cow for that matter) when it pees? Woo-wee! Gives that phrase a whole new level of strength!!! I've had tub faucets with less water pressure than that!
No! But thanks for the visual ewwww.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page