Mothering Forum banner

Extra Sensitive Senses

587 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  FondestBianca 
#1 ·
Lately I've noticed I've been extra sensitive to stuff, like volume on the television, or street lights at night. I've always had really good hearing, but it seems like everything bothers me. It's gotten hard for me to drive at night because the street lights are just *so* *bright*. Is anyone else experiencing this?

#2 ·
Hi, popping in from January...
I've had the same problem, especially with light, sound and smell. Taste and touch are still the same, thankfully. When it gets bad, it makes me want to curl up in bed in the dark and hide from the world!
I have no advice, just
, I understand!

#3 ·
EVERYTHING! It makes me crazy! I can't do anything w/out it being too much for me. We were in the mall yesterday walking around for a few hours, walked outside and I was blinded by the light(great now that song is in my head)...seriously could not open my eyes it hurt so bad.

It was so hard holding my DD while she threw up last night...though I did it...I was holding back MY own stomach items(to be nice about wordage on here lol) it was bad.

Since the day I foud out I was pg, EVERYTHING gets too me. I'm so ready for DECEMBER momma's!!!!

#4 ·
YES! it's annoying isn't it? I've always been hyper sensitive to sounds especially but, it's been magnified lately. I get down right cranky sometimes due to this. The sound of people chewing is horribly nerve racking for me. I also get very overwhelmed by the radio and TV. Don't get me wrong I love both and typically the radio is always on while I drive and the TV is always on while I'm wandering about the house BUT, I like the volume low. Dh likes the TV waaaaaaaaaay too loud and I have to come in and ask him to keep it down... and more than 2 stupid notches down
: . It gets to the point that I get full of anxiety and I can't even think straight. It's hard to get tasks done when things around me are too loud. Large droups of people also do this to me but, I try my best to stay away from large groups of people
. If I am trying to talk to someone and there are other noises at the same level I can't keep track of what I'm saying. I also can't handle my 3 year old dd yelling either. She loves to make noise while shes jumping around having fun but, I can't take more than a few seconds of it before I'm asking her to keep her voice down.

Can't tell you what to do aboout this besides getting away from the noise. That can be hard.

as far as my eyesight goes... I've actually gotten pretty blinde since becoming preg this time. Everything is muggy and blurry. I'm constantly rubbing my eyes to see if that will clear things up a bit but, it doesn't. I'm not having an issue with things being too bright. More so too dark. I can't see a darn thing at night. However, when I do want things dark, when it's time to go to sleep I can't stand ANY light aside from alittle difused light coming through the curtain. A blinking light on my laptop, a cell phone indicator light, a light someone forgot to turn off upstairs... not gonna fly with me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.