Time to talk...Placenta! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 12-11-2008, 01:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatchristy View Post
I just noticed this now that you've bumped it...any good links I could read up on?

Honestly, have had 3 homebirths and have done nothing special with the placenta. DH didn't want it in the freezer either.
read post #6 in this thread adn I posted tons of links

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 34 Old 12-11-2008, 02:42 AM

The placenta tincture sounds like a neat idea. I missed that one before. I might just do that! Anyone else?

~*Candice*~
Wife, Doula and SAHM to six and expecting a new addition July 2012!namaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifh20homebirth.gif

#33 of 34 Old 12-11-2008, 04:06 AM - Thread Starter

I think I'm going to do a tincture as well. I want to do it all!

My mw will do some placenta prints for me and will help cut it up for smoothies..enough to hold me over (in smoothie form) until it's dried out. We'll then dry some out for capsules and if there is enough I'd really like to save a nice chunk for a tincture. Hopefully that sono is right and the placenta is nice and big and we can do it all
#34 of 34 Old 12-11-2008, 04:06 PM

My doula has told me that the hospital here is fine about placentas, if you want to keep it, they'll just put it in a big margarine tub or something and throw it in the freezer... Do you all think thats ok, not having it rinsed and prepped and such first? I want to at least encapsulate it. If I was bleeding a lot I might try to get them to let me eat some, but I have no idea what they'd be like about that... But I think I can dry it out in my oven and grind it myself easily enough. I might just make pills as I go, or at least worry about that part a bit later.
I just wonder if I should insist I get it home fresh and unfrozen to prep it ( I could likely convince my Dad to do that part for me... dunno about my mom), or not cause too much fuss, let it freeze and deal with it once my family has gone home for the holidays...
I'm pretty worried about PPD, and am at a high-risk for it... but at the same time, you have to pick your fights, and I'm not sure if this is something I want to cause too much fuss about KWIM?
Opinions?
Thanks

...And when your deepest thoughts are broken,
keep on dreaming boy, cause when you stop dreamin' it's time to die.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page