#61 of 114 Old 11-10-2008, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrabbit View Post
jennifer - I'm truly enjoying your happy updates

housekeeper comes today! yay!
I want to thank you for this thread Janis. I'm a HUGE whiner(as I'm sure oyu all know) and this thread makes me happy. I try to post something at least once a day...I make it my goal to get me through this pg. It's getting harder and harder, but I'm making myself. So from the bottom of my heart Janis......

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!! You are my life saver!!!!!!!!!::::: love
#62 of 114 Old 11-11-2008, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Look what I made: http://philhyde.smugmug.com/gallery/...15127408_8FJ4M

Jennifer - thanks - I did the thread for that exact reason! We all NEED daily : in our lives

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#63 of 114 Old 11-11-2008, 07:25 PM

I broke 20,000 words on my novel for NaNoWriMo! Less than 5,000 more and I'll be halfway there! It's going much better than I expected.
#64 of 114 Old 11-12-2008, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyvangogh View Post
i broke 20,000 words on my novel for nanowrimo! Less than 5,000 more and i'll be halfway there! It's going much better than i expected.
heh?????
#65 of 114 Old 11-12-2008, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferadurham View Post
heh?????
NaNoWriMo = National Novel Writing Month

write 50,000 words of a fiction novel in 30 days (click the numbers in my siggy)
#66 of 114 Old 11-12-2008, 02:38 AM

Quote:
NaNoWriMo = National Novel Writing Month

write 50,000 words of a fiction novel in 30 days (click the numbers in my siggy)
AH! That makes more sense in my brain..or lackthereof brain.

I've had 3 ctx since 11:14pm...:
#67 of 114 Old 11-12-2008, 04:54 AM

Quote:
I broke 20,000 words on my novel for NaNoWriMo! Less than 5,000 more and I'll be halfway there! It's going much better than I expected.
That is AWESOME! You're that far along and it's only the 11th!!! DH did nanowrimo last year (and finished ), and he wants to do it again this year- I'm totally laughing at him cause we have so much going on and time management is not his strong suit. You ROCK!!!

My happy news- went to a friend's tonight to help with her wedding invitations and had a good time and a yummy dinner that I didn't have to cook!
#68 of 114 Old 11-12-2008, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Internet is back on! (it was out for a couple hours this morning)

I started painting with the new color in the kitchen - it's still "beige", which I hate as a general wall color, but it is sooooooooo much better!!!! I think I can live with it!!!! Our neighborhood handyman is coming over tonight to discuss the millions of little things that need to be done ... I got tired of nagging DH about doing them (he's "capable" of doing them, but too busy and continues to "not" do them) ... I think Greg will start tomorrow - and he's much faster than DH (duh, this is what he does for a living, but DH is a computer geek), so a lot may be finished by this weekend!!! I may even be finished painting the kitchen by the weekend!!! Then it's time to start on the bathroom.

Well, it's time to go scavenge for food. I think I ate up everything in the fridge yesterday.

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#69 of 114 Old 11-12-2008, 05:17 PM

I made YUMMY pancakes just now. They were SO delicious...I had 3 gigantic ones. MMMM...
#70 of 114 Old 11-12-2008, 05:18 PM

New posting here...

I had a great appt with my MW yesterday. I had been bummed about my BP being slightly elevated as well as I was measuring 2 weeks behind where I should be. But yesterday my BP was normal, and in a weeks time I had caught up and am measuring just right.

Around the house, hubby has been a busy little bee. He painted our foyer, living room and the nursery. Time is definitely running out but I think we can get everything done!
#71 of 114 Old 11-12-2008, 08:55 PM

Go Holly! I've been watching your growing word count with pleasure. I had been planning to do NaNoWriMo this year, but then I found out I was knocked up and due right after I would have to be finishing up, and that kinda blew that plan, since I was already going to have to work around the having-two-little-kids thing. Maybe next year!

My happy news today is that I went on a date with my husband! His team at work was going to a preview of Quantum of Solace (the new Bond movie with Daniel Craig), and they were invited to bring a date. We got a babysitter and went out in the middle of the day and had popcorn and soda. The movie wasn't very good, and I got kinda motion-sick, but it was fun just to be out with no kids. Also, since it was at 11:45 am, I felt like we were skipping school!

Nealy
#72 of 114 Old 11-12-2008, 08:56 PM

I have just under 17 hours until my son is born. :
#73 of 114 Old 11-12-2008, 09:11 PM

Baby is head down! :

Despite being tired as a dog, I've *somehow* found the energy to start/keep nesting! :

I'm going to have a VBAC! :

DH and I figured out a way we can have Christmas presents for DD *and* have a Christmas tree! :

sleeping.gifMama to DD dust.gif(12.2005), DS1 sleepytime.gif (01.2009), DS2 babyboy.gif (04.28.2013) with DH heartbeat.gif04.10.13!!heartbeat.gif namaste.gif

#74 of 114 Old 11-12-2008, 09:19 PM

DH went grocery shopping and splurged on TWO boxes of satsuma oranges and they are the yummiest thing EVER. I've gone through half a box already. :

My cold seems to be finally going away (maybe the oranges are helping?) - which is a really good thing because, er, well, I pee almost every time I cough.
#75 of 114 Old 11-13-2008, 04:28 AM

I decided it was time to start up the Christmas music! : I can't tell you how much I love Christmas. I love everything about it!

And then the song, "All I Want For Christmas Is You" was on and I was singing along and dh walked by and sang, "All I want for Christmas is YOU" and pointed at my belly and then kissed it. Of course I totally started crying .

I found the PERFECT gift for my dad. It's so perfect it's beyond perfect. And I found a great gift for my brother too!:
#76 of 114 Old 11-13-2008, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

sex!!!!! :

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#77 of 114 Old 11-13-2008, 05:28 PM

Last night I managed to get the boys closet all clean and organized and all the baby clothes labeled and organized according to size! I LOVE to organize! One thing I can check off my to-do list!

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

#78 of 114 Old 11-14-2008, 06:05 AM

I felt hiccups for the first time tonight! I knew it was okay to not feel them and that some babies just don't have them or they're hard to detect, but I was still hoping I might feel some. Tonight I did! I had dh put his hand on my belly right where the hiccups were and he thought it was pretty cool too.
#79 of 114 Old 11-14-2008, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

My house is sooooooooooo quiet. I took my girls to a friend's house to play. I can't decide what to do now! My nesting urges have been keeping me busy painting, and I've already done my quota of that today. I guess I could do laundry or filing .... or lie in bed and watch tv. oooooo, I'm craving chocolate ....

We're going out to dinner tonite = Sweet Tomatoes - a soup/salad restaurant that we love. Can't wait! I always over-eat there.

--janis

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#80 of 114 Old 11-14-2008, 08:52 PM

oooh I love sweet tomatoes. We go about once a week these days and I always feel like I get my moneys worth. :

baby is still moving lots and doing well.
my body takes pg pretty well and I don't have many complaints in that dept.
The 4 oldest kids get to be in their first judo tournament (out of town) this weekend and dh took them so it is just going to be me and my 23 mo old. and that should be quieter than normal.
My baby shower is tomorrow and I am so excited about it (also my brother is going to watch my little one so I won't have to bring him to the shower w/ me which will make it more relaxing for me).

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#81 of 114 Old 11-14-2008, 08:54 PM

I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep last night. So DH rubbed my head and back until I was more relaxed and then we fell asleep with his arms around me!! So sweet!!

Happily married to my sweet DH with two precious girls (12/08) and (8/10) and a crazy puppy dog. Expecting blessing #3 around 12/10.

#82 of 114 Old 11-15-2008, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrabbit View Post
sex!!!!! :
Jealous over here.
#83 of 114 Old 11-15-2008, 06:16 AM

I keep forgetting to add my happy news...my boobs are working:. They started leaking yesterday when we went to the MW. And...I shaved my legs tonight...it's been weeks and they feel SO good!!!
#84 of 114 Old 11-15-2008, 04:48 PM

I finally got all of my home birth supplies set up and the bedroom ready for birth... all except for the birth tub which I keep running into brick walls trying to track one down. But I'll be clear for a hb on Tues. and at least, should I go into labor, everything else is in order!

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

#85 of 114 Old 11-15-2008, 09:03 PM

Me too! I just got home from the hardware store, so now we have the last peice that we needed: the hot-water hose and the adapter so it will attach to the faucet. We pick up the tub next saturday, but other than that everything we will need is HERE in the house. I still need to go through and organize stuff into one box or laundry basket or something, but it feels so good to know it's here!

I'm 37 weeks on tuesday, but I really don't expect anything to happen just yet. I'd be pretty happy to go early though!

:
#86 of 114 Old 11-15-2008, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitie View Post
Me too! I just got home from the hardware store, so now we have the last peice that we needed: the hot-water hose and the adapter so it will attach to the faucet. We pick up the tub next saturday, but other than that everything we will need is HERE in the house. I still need to go through and organize stuff into one box or laundry basket or something, but it feels so good to know it's here!

I'm 37 weeks on tuesday, but I really don't expect anything to happen just yet. I'd be pretty happy to go early though!

:
HEY we have the same EDD, how cool!

#87 of 114 Old 11-16-2008, 12:52 AM

Had my baby shower this afternoon. It was awesome. We did one silly game that wasn't too bad and then I lit a big candle and everyone went around the room and lit a little candle off of the big one and shared something about motherhood, etc. many people shared about what a great mom I am and how I have inspired them, etc. It felt really good to see how these people feel about me as that isn't something that just comes up iykwim. I think people were intimidated by my thingsiwant.com list so I got a lot cash so I am going internet shopping tonight and will get some things that i want/need. A good friend got me the cutest baby undies and is going to make me some baby legs and a pre-fold belt. She also got me the diaper free baby book (i would like to try to ec this time).

Also I have really been wanting a second midwife at my birth. We had her last time as she was my midwifes backup and my midwife wasn't quite in town when we paged her but it worked out that they were both here and it was a birth where two midwives were needed. She was a great presence at the birth adn I have really wanted her to be there but an extra midwife is $300 and we were having a really hard time justifying the expense. My friend is using her for her birth in march and just told me tonight that she had mentioned this to her midwife and she said oh, just have her call me I would love to come to the birth and I won't charge her:: OMG that is sooooo cooooooooooooooooool::

Dh has the 4 big kids until tomorrow night so I get to bond w/ my youngest and have special time just the 2 of us and enjoy him being my baby for now. It is really fun

Baby is still moving (great reassurance)

Life is good

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#88 of 114 Old 11-17-2008, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

so cool - we watched a butterfly learn to fly this morning!
http://philhyde.smugmug.com/gallery/...19263406_RQtDo

We didn't get to see it come out of the chrysalis, but it couldn't have been out for more than an hour when we did find it.

Mama to 3 girls 12,8,3
#89 of 114 Old 11-17-2008, 08:17 PM

I'm getting a new minivan this week (well, it's used but it's new to me)! :

Ok, that's probably not exciting to some, but the thought of cramming three kids into the back of a Saab doesn't really appeal to me.

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
#90 of 114 Old 11-17-2008, 09:15 PM

This is bad that turns into good....I'm having HORRIBLE pains in my vag. Kinda like 'lightening crotch' but more achey and I can barely walk it hurts so bad. HOWEVER...my BFF told me that she did this with her first pg and her son came not too long after that!

So that is my happy news for today...I don't think I'm too far from having Evan! And I'm actually making dinner! Albeit it's a frozen Stoufer's dinner that's cooking in the oven...BUT I'M COOKING! LOL!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page