I could just scream! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 11-20-2008, 01:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
StarMama
I'm glad you were able to get an appointment. Way to stand your ground. Good Luck!
#32 of 33 Old 11-20-2008, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarMama View Post
Well I haven't decided for sure anything yet... but I've decided to at least look at how the midwife situation works at kaiser.
Definitely remember this is *your* birth. I definitely understand researching all of your options. I would just hate anyone putting pressure on you!

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#33 of 33 Old 11-20-2008, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ugh, unfortunately I *do* feel pressured already. *Sigh* We have therapy tonight, I hope it goes well.

I *get* that he's feeling choiceless, but being upset that I want a $200 doula and acting like I'm blowing things out of proportion regarding a hospital birth is really feeling like he's not willing to compromise at all either.

It seems very similar to the co-sleeping with our 5 year old issue. We were working on getting him in his bed most of the time, or in his "nest" on our floor, but it was so much work and so much lack of sleep on my part... his solution is to just let him scream and cry in his room until he gets the message. Which is not acceptable to me at all, and he knows it. But again he feels like he has no choice, but if he's unwilling to compromise then I'm tired of putting all the effort into getting him into his bed full time because *I* don't mind bed sharing.

Compromise, compromise, compromise! Otherwise one of us is going to just feel like we have no say and no choice in every matter! We had that figured out before in therapy, why can't we get it figured out again?

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page