Go to drs or not? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-15-2008, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haven't been to the doc since last Wednesday but may need to go get checked soon. The contractions are slowly picking up in intensity and frequency but not enough that labor is imminent but it's getting close. Also the baby dropped last Friday and it's been uncomfortable waddling around. And another major sign, I lost part/all/some of my mucus plug yesterday. Backaches and headaches are getting more frequent.
I happened to look back to see the timeline of all these symptoms happening with last DD's birth and if it follows that, this baby will be here within a couple of weeks. I'm 34 weeks and 4 days so that means the baby could be here before Dec even rolls around. Though I know that each birth/pregnancy is different and this one is definitely different from my others-never had so many "problems". Last check dr said I was soft, fingertip closed and my cervical length was 2 cms. So what do you all think, Should I go to the dr or wait and see what happens?

Wife to DH(10/02) Mom to DD1('03), angel1.gif('04), DS1('05), DD2('07), DS2('08), DD3('10) angel1.gif(08/11), angel1.gif (09/11). We follow Jesus, praying.gif, quiverful, homeschool.gif,cd.gif ,winner.jpg,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIF, and we are a food allergic family.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 11-15-2008, 09:36 PM

I'd definitely give them a call tonight, it does sound like things are happening. At 34-35 weeks your babe really needs a bit more time in there
#3 of 8 Old 11-16-2008, 05:59 AM

I would definitely call the dr. If nothing else, it's early for the baby and if you're in preterm labor it might be able to be stopped. Hard to know what's needed, but you're still almost a month early and the more time inside you, the better for the baby. I'd get it checked out just to be sure there isn't something serious that can be reversed or held off.
#4 of 8 Old 11-16-2008, 09:19 AM

Whoah, mama! Get thee to your doctor! Let us know if this is "it" but I hope your little one keeps cooking for a few more weeks!

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#5 of 8 Old 11-16-2008, 11:42 AM

This is a little late, but I'd call in. I'd also recomend drinking a ton of water and resting. You want to wait at least another week.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#6 of 8 Old 11-19-2008, 04:04 AM - Thread Starter

I decided to make an appt and got in today. (I'm 35 weeks today.)
She listened to the baby's heartbeat. Was normal along with all other stats. Gained 32 lbs so far. She did a cervix check and she said she could feel the head-which I knew because baby dropped almost two weeks ago and after visit she said I got the waddle walk down now. Yup. It's so fun to waddle. NOT. Anyway she could feel the baby's head and said baby's at -3 station. Baby was floating at last visit 2 weeks ago. My cervix length is still at 2 cms but now I am dialated to 1 cm. I have been having at least 1 strong contraction regularly every hoursince 3am yesterday, but they really picked up after the visit. I went and rested for a few hours after I went grocery shopping and there are some strong BH but I'm not too worried yet. At this point dr said that they wouldn't try and stop labor if it happened. My last pregnancy I was at this point at 39 weeks-so if it follows the same timeline, I'm not going to make it to Dec. Which I have always felt during this pregnancy that I would not make it even though my other babies were born at 38 weeks, 39 weeks and 3 days and 39 weeks and 6 days-in that order.

Does anyone else that has many pregnancies/labors, do they seem like they follow the same timeline?

Wife to DH(10/02) Mom to DD1('03), angel1.gif('04), DS1('05), DD2('07), DS2('08), DD3('10) angel1.gif(08/11), angel1.gif (09/11). We follow Jesus, praying.gif, quiverful, homeschool.gif,cd.gif ,winner.jpg,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIF, and we are a food allergic family.

#7 of 8 Old 11-19-2008, 01:13 PM

Wow, they really wouldn't stop labor at 35 weeks?? That just seems early to me :
With my first I didn't really dilate till I was in labor, but my second I walked around for at least 2 weeks dilated to 3. He was a 3.5 hour labor. I'm kind of assuming that the same thing happened with DS2 (was never checked prior to late labor with him) as he was a 3 hr labor.

I really hope your babe stays in there for at least another few weeks, it would really be a bummer to have a baby in the NICU on oxygen and all the possible complications that come with that (feeding etc)
#8 of 8 Old 11-19-2008, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Yup that's what the dr said.
I know for me to reach a 3 -in any of my pregnancies-I would be at the hospital in labor within a few days. I have personal records of my last DD birth and 5 days before she was born I was at 2cms. So to be at a 1 already, to me I just feel like I could go at any time within the next 2 weeks.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page