fingers popping out of joint! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-16-2008, 02:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Am I the only one who has had to deal with this kind of weirdness? I've fallen asleep on my hands a few times in the past couple weeks and have woken up to find the middle finger of whichever hand it was stuck pointing down at a right angle. I've been unable to just move the finger straight on its own--I've had to push things back into place! This has NEVER happened to me before. I've put on weight in this pregnancy but I didn't think it was all in my head :

Bloomingstar Mommy to DS born 1.16.09 :
#2 of 6 Old 11-16-2008, 01:00 PM

Whoah! That must be freaky to see! My fingers don't pop out of joint but I definitely wake up with clawed hands; they are stuck in a bent position and look like what the caricatures of witch's hands look like.

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#3 of 6 Old 11-16-2008, 02:12 PM

Dude! Me too! I thought I was the only one. It happened during my last pregnancy and the OB said she'd never heard of that before. My hands get swollen and numb at night when I sleep. Then if I bend them in the morning the knuckles on my left ring finger pop in and out of joint. Gross. I've been taking Ligaplex from my chiropractor because obviously my joints get a little TOO loose during pregnancy, and it's helped some. Especially in my pelvis and lower back.

NICOLE | Natural livin', co-sleepin', mostly vegan, work at home mama to N (7) and L (2)
#4 of 6 Old 11-17-2008, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

glad to know I'm not the only one although now my hands just kind of ache, in general, which I find extra weird. And they're not swollen, they just kind of hurt near all the joints. I'll be asking my MW about this one...

#5 of 6 Old 11-18-2008, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

after a bit of googling, I found a tip that putting your hands in very cold water (running or a bowl) can really help take the achy feeling away. I tried it first thing this morning when I woke up and it works! My hands feel SO much better today than they did yesterday after just a bit of time in ice cold water.

#6 of 6 Old 11-18-2008, 02:33 PM

Mine haven't been popping out but it feels like I have extreme arthritis my wrists to my fingertips hurt really bad for the first hour after I wake up. I'll have to try the cold water thing. Good to know other are having this happen.

twin boys born 11/28/08, pregnant with #3 due 3/13/12

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page