its getting cold.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-18-2008, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
and i forgot how it takes more work to be without TV in the winter!
we have an enormous yard, and a hill just north of us with trees to climb and hide in and frogs to find and they have bikes to ride and a hose to run through etc... to keep the kids busy during the warmer months.
but now that its getting colder, my house is harder to keep clean and my kids, especially my boys are rather restless.
we've got a rather large play area in the house for them, but its still a challenge. we live 30 miles from town, so getting in to do activities with the homeschool group doesnt happen as often as i'd like.
anyone have any suggestions as to some activites that would keep them busier inside?

thanks!

wife to my awesome DH, homeschooling, unassisted birthing, food growing, life loving mama to 5 crazy monkeys. :
#2 of 2 Old 11-30-2008, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No advice--I'll keep thinking--but I really commiserate.

We were at the kids' cousins for Thanksgiving and the kids watch quite a few movies. No wonder parents are addicted to tv for their kids! They get cranky? pop in a movie! Want a happy hour with adult conversation? How about a movie? Need to clean up after the festivities? Here's a new movie!!!!

But in the long run life is much better without tv. And messier!

How old are your kids?

Happy mom to DS2000, DS2002, DD2004, DS2006 and DS 10/2009:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page