What if dh isn't on board? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-26-2009, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are not 100% tv free, but I have limited it to one movie a week, on Sunday. DD is fine with this, and we have all loved it...except dh. He turns it on in the morning to watch the news and drink coffee. And then again in the evening to eat dinner. Thing is, we don't usually get to sit and eat because in the morning, kids and I get up early and they are hungry so they eat before dh gets up. And he gets home too late in the evening for them to wait, so they eat first and then I eat when he does. THis morning we had a big fight about it...I feel like he is undermining me when he watches tv, because then all week, I have to tell dh tv is only on SUndays...except for daddy. He feels like he shouldn't be 'punished' because of MY rule. THat kids should learn that adults have a different set of rules (gave me the example of driving a car). I see his POV, because I know he enjoys the tv (I don't so it's easy for me to leave it off) and I would feel the same way, if say we had a limit on the computer that I didn't agree with. At the same time, I am home with the kids 70+ hours a week and manage with no tv, I feel like he can either wait until they go to bed or suck it up! He has a job that he can surf the net or watch tv pretty easily, so it's not like he will be media starved...and its not like he is looking forward to any particular show, he is just watching tv/news out of habit...HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 11-12-2009, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry, I see you DH's side of this.

If he was watching hours of tv rather than spending time with the family, or watching tv during family meals I'd be upset. But it doesn't sound like it's interfering with anything other than your wish to limit the time the tv is on.

I'd let this battle drop if it were me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page