what do your kids want for the holidays? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-15-2009, 01:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd love to see how the lists in this forum differ with the "rest of the world". Outside the influence of modern day media (TV, movies, computer games), what do kids really want?

DD is 5 and here are her items, in her words; comments in ( ) are mine:
- sparkly, high-heel dress-up shoes (she went to a flamenco dance show last spring and has been in love with it ever since and wants shoes for dancing)
- magic kit
- new balloon pump for balloons you can twist (we had one but it broke)
- color tablets for the bath
- new baby books that show real pregnant moms (we homeschool/unschool and DD is currently fascinated by childbirth)
- something to sing into with a microphone (DD takes piano lessons and spends hours singing and playing the piano on her own)
- toys for the cats

That's it! I know she'll enjoy many other things I'm getting her (craft kits, art supplies, etc.) but I just love her list.

Holli
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2009, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
my son (4) does see TV over my parents, but he did not ask for anthing to do with TV:

Pirate ship
dragon
bike
books-he looks to make up his own stories
underwear-w/spiderman-----My husband tells him stories w/spiderman

Thanks for making a list. I would like to know too.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:02 AM

DD wants a tutu. Only thing wrong with that is that she already has four. She's been ballet obsessed for a year now.

grateful Mama to DD May '06 and DS May '09
Old 12-15-2009, 01:37 PM

We aren't totally tv-free, but limit ourselves to watching an occasional DVD and Amazing Race.

My 9 y/o son said "Mommy, I don't need anythig for Christmas".

But after some time thought he would "like" a ripstick, a camera and some new shoes and socks.

His twin sister wants a camera, a Build A Bear, some clothes and a Live doll (she got one for her Birthday and wants another). They remind me of Barbies (which she was never interested in).

I've gotten them their gift choices and also some puzzles and games (Picturekia, double 12 dominoes, Phase 10).

Susan- Vegetarian Single Mom to 9 year old twins!!
Old 12-16-2009, 11:09 PM

When my dd's were two they wanted Red and Pink

When they were three they wanted new blankies (because the fuzzy part had worn off) and a new windup Santa and Snowmen (because the feet had broken off thiers)

This year they want clothes for thier dolls. Two particular dolls who don't have clothes aside from the ones dd's make out of kleenex and coffee filters.

Oh, and one dd want something so she can walk on the ceiling . She does seem to accept that this doesn't exist.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:42 AM

My dd age 4 wants:
-a door snake to block drafts from under her door (because her brother got one last year)
-a scarf
-a guitar like Mommy's

She's getting the first 2 gifts, and I'll make sure she gets more chances to play my guitar now that I know she is interested.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:20 PM

my 2 1/2 year old doesn't quite get it yet, but she's been talking a lot lately about a soccer ball and sunglasses. oh, she also wants a scarf (after seeing the one i'm knitting for her cousin).

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

Old 12-21-2009, 12:42 AM

my older boys are all about gear--real bases for playing baseball in the yard, skim boards, a new wetsuit, a snowboard. They also want books--crossword puzzle books, how-to books about comic book writing, math puzzles, etc.

dd is asking for clay, an American girl doll (her cousin has one), doll clothes, and a scooter.

ds3 wants a dragon.

ETAsk: Littleyellow, when your dds were 2 they wanted red and pink, as in the colors? That's funny...I want something so I can walk on the ceiling, too. That sounds like fun.

Happy mom to DS2000, DS2002, DD2004, DS2006 and DS 10/2009:

User Tag List