TV/video free but not iphone free - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-08-2010, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all!

my DH programs iPhones for a living. we have 4 of them in our house, all with different apps on them. A lot of the apps that my DH programs are for pre-schoolers.
My DD is 26 months, she has grown up with iPhones all around her. She loves playing on them.
Though I do limit her time on them, I find that she plays on it more than I am comfortable with. However, DH (obviously) doesn't find too much of a problem with it. He thinks that video games are interactive (and all the ones she plays are) and he or I often play them with her, talk to her while she's playing so it's not like she's just "zoning out". The other thing is, we just can't keep them away from her. there are four of them in our house and DH works from home, so all day long they are available to her.

We have not ever watched TV, or videos and I feel really strongly about that. anyone have any ideas if video games are as detrimental? and/or how I might be able to keep it away from her.

As a side note, we get LOTS of activity every day, go outside every day and are generally engaged in lots of creative, interactive and participatory things.
#2 of 2 Old 01-22-2010, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
-

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page