books on cd. WHat age did they start following along with the book? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-08-2010, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just curious what age they got the page turn signal bit. I have some but he mostly likes to just listen. I have a bunch as MP3 files and was debating getting books for some of them but wondering what age would he actually use the book.

Fun loving crunchy mommy to an amazing outgoing adventurous boy named Logan Cloud 2/2/07 and our little ball of energy Jayden Edge 11/28/10 and wife to Jet 7/3/05 expecting our third 09/21/14

}
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2010, 10:54 AM

DD is 3.5, and she can read along and listen for the signal turns. The bigger problems were teaching her how to be gentle with CDs and to remember to turn off the player, but even that she picked up relatively quickly and only needs occasional reminders.

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

Old 04-08-2010, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks that helps! Does she perfer looking at the book when she listens to the cd's?

Fun loving crunchy mommy to an amazing outgoing adventurous boy named Logan Cloud 2/2/07 and our little ball of energy Jayden Edge 11/28/10 and wife to Jet 7/3/05 expecting our third 09/21/14

}
Old 04-08-2010, 11:21 AM

I think she prefers us reading to her, but when I'm making dinner or something, that doesn't really work. But yes, she always reads the book while listening to the story. Sometimes she'll recite the story herself while reading the book, forgetting about the CDs entirely! But DD has always loved loved loved her books... if your son is more of a mover and a shaker, I don't know how he would take to sitting down and reading along. I imagine if he enjoys others reading to him, he would enjoy listening/reading along with audio books as well.

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

Old 04-09-2010, 12:11 AM

I have a 3.5 y.o. DS and my response would mirror Mosaic's. He likes us to read to him the most, but when he listens to audio books he wants the book to look at too. We have had to have talks about being gentle with the CD player also. It took awhile for him to get the hang of turning the page on cue, but even if he's off a page or two he still enjoys them. Usually we check out audio books from the library that he's already familiar with so that helps.

B.
Mama to : July '06

User Tag List