What do you do when... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-31-2010, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
you want to go tv free... but you are about to have a baby... and be by yourself due to your spouse leaving with the Army two weeks before your due?

DH and i have never been tv free. We only do dvd's, but unfortunately, our all most 2 year old is wanting to watch more movies more often... and we don't want to give in to that.

How do you fill a 2 year old's time without the tv? Especially with a brand new baby? We plan to just move the tv out of the house so it's not like it will cause any temper tantrums or anything (out of sight out of mind right?)

So what activities can I get DS into that will replace the tv time?

Kourtney, happily married to my soldier and raising ds 7/08 .... dd 7/10..... and ds 11/11

#2 of 2 Old 05-31-2010, 09:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Congrads on the new baby!!!

Please take time to adjusted with new baby. What I mean is if going TV free slowly will help with the transition then do that. I liked not having the TV when my 2nd was born. It made things more relaxed. We had been TV free for almost 2 years. (we do watch a muppet show once in a blue moon)

Their are many things to do with a 2 yr old. read books, listen to audio books, play, take walks, go to the park, and so much more.

Hope it all works out.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page