We've been TV-free for about 2 weeks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-10-2011, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

And life is great!  I'd been thinking about it for a long time.  The day after Christmas it hit me that my child was addicted to TV.  She had a room full of new and exciting toys but she sat motionless in front of the TV instead.  The next morning we woke to our TV "broke".  It's one of the best decisions I've ever made for our life.

The house is cleaner now because the TV doesn't enable me when I'm tired (ok, or lazy).  There is more laughter.  More music and dancing.  Board games.  Dinners at the table every. night. instead of being tempted to eat while watching tv.  Tickling.  Forts to build.  Wolfs knocking on the piggy's door (me being the wolf and daughter being the pig in her "house").  The table where our TV once sat is now the doctor's table for the baby dolls...or the baby's bed or a tea party table.  The list is endless. 

People think I'm crazy for getting rid of our TV.  I think they're crazy for not following my lead.

So cheers! to the fellow parents who've gone TV-free.  Life after TV is amazing!  Wish I would have done it a long time ago :)   

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 01-10-2011, 11:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Congratulations!!   Welcome to the 'other side' :)

Attachment-Parenting mom to darling DS : (January 2006). : : : : :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page