• 2 Post By Nazsmum
  • 1 Post By pumabearclan
  • 1 Post By Nazsmum

#1 of 4 Old 06-02-2015, 03:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
So much time!

I heard a statistic last week that was shocking. If a person spends 1 hrs a day watching tv, that is 365 hrs per year. That's equal to 45 (8hrs) work days every year! Imagine everything you could do, be, learn, with another 45 days per year!!! If you're already tv free what do you do with your extra time? And if you aren't tv free yet, what could you do with that time? (Maybe thinking in these terms will help you make the leap!)
pumabearclan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 06-03-2015, 03:33 AM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
let's make a list: 100 things we like to do instead of watching TV

Here is an old thread. MDC is so quiet now. We are missing so many!!!
emilyfaith and pumabearclan like this.
#3 of 4 Old 06-30-2015, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
It's more than a shift in how time is spent, it's a shift in thinking, we found. We realized that we didn't really have all that much free time. It was a bigger issue for the adults since we rarely let our child watch TV. I found that we were able to pay attention to things more and be more engaged with life so it wasn't like "doing something else" with that time it was more like living bigger, somehow. Better eye contact, better communication, better silences, better rest, bigger interests, more efficacy.

We watch movies and documentaries for free, so we still use media, just on our own terms. It's an event, not a default.
Nazsmum likes this.
#4 of 4 Old 06-30-2015, 04:26 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
@pumabearclan so true. It is shift in thinking. I do more then ever. I see the world around me more. I have a different life from 8 yrs ago. (going really TV Free)
pumabearclan likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page