Guests in your home - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 06-25-2008, 02:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know I have gone over to visit with my mother many times and I could not talk to her because her shows were on. I have asked to turn the tv down, turned it off at a commercial(ok, rude, I k now, but still!) and on, but she won't let go.

Some people want TV. In my home we have the computer for watching DVD's and internet. It'll be hard, but it's life.

~ Kim

mama to E (01-2007) and wife to C

#32 of 32 Old 06-25-2008, 02:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwyn View Post
That's not actually true: I have heard nearly that exact phrase come out of people's mouths. And when it is a communal, deliberate event, watching TV together can be fun, and create lasting fond memories. I just find that it DOESN'T, most of the time, and that other things in life are much more likely to.
Well, if you're going to get all technical on me , yes you are right. I guess I'm just trying to highlight the positivity to the visit. Still doesn't have anywhere near the same effect as "Remember when we were sitting around the campfire..."

I just had a visit from my MIL who said she feels she is addicted to television and is going to try to cut back when she got home, she noticed a big difference when she visited and didn't watch any .

Christina, mama to 2 sweet girls

10.26.12 (HBAC!)
namaste.gif   neg.gif  sewmachine.gif   homebirth.jpg homeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page