Well, we're not TV free anymore. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-15-2008, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So after having no TV for almost a year we ended up w/ one and a DVD player to boot! I had been wanting to work out b/c I have not really exercised since DD was born. We cannot afford a gym membership so I'm pretty limited in my options. Anyway, my plan was to use our computer, but as luck would have it, our player on the laptop is seriously screwed up and was going to cost a pretty penny to fix. So, a few freecycle and craigslist searches later, and we now have a TV in our home. No picture, though b/c we don't have cable or even rabbit ears.

It's funny, having it again really has not created any desire to watch it. Well, I am looking forward to being able to watch movies again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2008, 05:35 PM

I tried to reply to this a couple days ago, but between wee ones and 'puter issues, it didn't happen.

How's the tapercising going? One of the reasons we kept our TV was so I could do my bellydance videos. Of course, we haven't plugged it in, or for that matter finished unpacking the room it's in, so I haven't exactly used it for that purpose in, oh, years! But it's nice to tell myself I have the option.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I'm actually using it! I've lost 11 pounds in 3 weeks. I joined weight watchers online, so it wasn't just the exercising. And, I got a movie from the library, which was such a treat!

User Tag List