I have to ask.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-01-2008, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
we first got sucked into tv when we discovered what an amazing cheap, easy, convenient instant babysitter it made and now I just don't know how I 'survived' without it. I think I can manage to get it out, although I'm certain it will be challenging (it feels like a godsend on sick days!), but the one thing I will really, really miss is for midday adult fun... I do know daytime sex just did not happen while we were a tv free family, I don't know if I can give it up, it's what got us hooked in the first place... how do other tv free families deal with this issue? I know a lot of families that swear that's what saturday morning cartoons were invented for... it sure makes for a nice way to start off the weekend. I miss being tv free, but I don't know if I can give up the sex... thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2008, 07:40 PM

(We are a TV-limited family) I think it is okay to find a compromise that works for your family. Maybe that could be the only time the children get to watch TV. You could have a very small television that you put in the closet when you are not using it and just take it out for that. My dh grew up where they would just roll it out of the closet if they wanted to watch something.

I am interested in answers though!

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

Old 05-04-2008, 02:26 PM

What's the age of your child(ren)? If they're old and responsible enough, you can just have them play by themselves with the radio on nearby for 20+ minutes. Lots of 2+ yo, and certainly 5+ yo, are plenty old enough to do that if they've been acclimated to the idea of independent play.

User Tag List