turning in the boxes and remotes tomorrow - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-16-2008, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We'll still watch dvds and play video games on weekends but I've had it with commercials and I've had it with the instant wake up and ask for cartoons and I've had it with my own falling asleep on the couch every night watching crap. I asked everyone what they thought about it at dinner last night and they all agreed, amazingly.

What was your first week like?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2008, 12:00 AM

Woohoo! and also

We went TV-free pre-kids, and during rough time for my dad and a cross-country move, so my experience with that first week isn't really helpful. From what I hear, though, the first week is hard, the second week is a bit easier, and between 2-6 weeks you just stop noticing. You can do it!
Old 06-17-2008, 12:08 AM

My son, who's four next month, adjusted really quickly. The first couple days were the hardest, he kept pushing the power button on the TV (we have a switch that turns off the outlet so nothing happened) but he was easily distracted. Pretty much after that he didn't think of it anymore. The harder part was me - not using the TV as a distraction when I needed to do something, and expanding my repertoire of activities that would accomplish the same thing (like allowing me to shower or answer the phone). A month later and we're both fine, though.

The hard thing though is when we DO watch a dvd on the computer it starts those first two bad days (for him) all over again - for example: yesterday I made popcorn and we watched a national geographic flick. Today I made popcorn and he was adamant that popcorn of course mean more national geographic, right? No such luck, buddy

User Tag List