Limiting TV and PC time... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-03-2008, 03:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I really have never been a big TV watcher myself, and we got satellite because we could not get any channels where we are at otherwise and DH likes to watch the news and certain TV shows, I could really care less. But DD who is 4.5 has now become a little too addicted to TV and also the PC. The problem is I work from home and its the only thing that keeps her occupied when I am on a phone consultation, otherwise its a disaster, so thats really why she has fallen into the habit (or I have allowed her to) I really want to limit her screen time, which is ok except when I have a busy week its hard, and I do have to work, really can't do a babysitter at those times (other times she goes to a Montessori preschool when I see clients, and later we may get a babysitter at home which would help). I have tried everything to distract her when I am on the phone but nothing else helps. Maybe I should limit her to the PC or TV when I am working and no other time? I just know its going to be a battle though and she is really determined and spirited, I know I need to cut down just need some ideas on how to do it since its going to change the rules and she is not going to like it! Also we are building a house and when its done I am really going to try and keep my PC in my office and off it in the evenings for her and me. Yikes!

Who stole my signature!
#2 of 3 Old 07-03-2008, 04:32 PM

It sounds like you have a plan. When you move into your new house sounds like an excellent time to start some new ground-rules with you kiddo about tv. I don't really have any advice for you, but hang in there! Good luck!

B.
Mama to : July '06
#3 of 3 Old 07-03-2008, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I think that will be my plan and try and do other things more too! Ugh TV is so addicting!

Who stole my signature!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page