A very easy transition - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-11-2008, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I fell into the habit of putting my 2 year old in front of the TV (for 30-60 minutes a day) while I was pregnant with DD. I was SOOOOOOO tired during her pregnancy that it was the only way I felt I could catch a break. DS is VERY ACTIVE. Anyhow, since DD was born (4 mos ago), I've been meaning to break our TV habit. I know it isn't good for him to be watching it, and we should be doing other things.

About 3 weeks ago, I decided to go cold turkey. No more TV for DS, except for a very occasional DVD. I thought he would hound me for it. But, you know what? HE totally didn't. He is fine with replacing it with other activities. The other day we were sitting on the couch (which faces the TV, makes it a little hard to ignore it, really) and he paused for a second. I was totally expecting him to ask for it, but instead, he said "play blocks!" I am relieved that it was this easy.

My husband grew up glued to the TV. I brought up the idea of totally getting rid of it, just using it to watch movies. We rarely watch it these days, it is hard to find time with a 2 year old and 4 mos old. I was shocked that he was totally fine with getting rid of it altogether. We have to wait until our contract with Direct TV is up, but then we are going totally TV-free. I am thrilled.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-11-2008, 05:22 PM

: Good for you!

B.
Mama to : July '06
#3 of 3 Old 07-12-2008, 12:18 AM

How wonderful!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page