The Power Rangers - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-27-2008, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
O.K. I should've known better. My DS4.5 found Power Rangers' DVD at library, and wanted to check it out. So, I did; with much regret.

The face I saw as he watched the DVD!!

And, we (my DH and I) saw him act out so, out of line....

When we were back at the library the week after, he saw another Power Rangers' DVD on shelf. He wanted to check it out. So, I told my DS "Yes, the Power Rangers are 'good guys.' But, we don't solve problems with Marshal Arts. And, the real monsters never look like that. ( So, let's read this book, instead )" I hope he didn't hear me like the parents' on Peanuts speaking. For whatever its worth, he put the DVD back on shelf and did not check it out.

It was a good lesson for me to realize how careless I was to let my son watch it. And, I need to read more books with my children.
#2 of 2 Old 08-28-2008, 10:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been down Power Ranger's Lane myself. DS (now 8) was around the same age as your DS when he was introduced to the PRs. He had never seen the show, but his best buddy told him all about it and there you go. They even had PR suits with built in muscles...DS's friend gave him one to match. As annoying as the whole stage is, I am telling you it is just a blip in time...especially if you try not to "feed" the fascination, yk?
I think this age is a prime time for kids to act out some of their more aggressive physical feelings in a safe way...sword fights, pirate battles and the like seem to hit a peak around 4-5. Their view of the world is very good/bad at this stage and they seem to like the security of compartmentalizing good vs.evil as they play....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page