The I Took My Remedy Tribe - Page 14 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#391 of 414 Old 01-21-2009, 12:30 AM
 
WuWei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the moment
Posts: 11,492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolansmum View Post
I cannot wait until my appt Feb 2nd! I am having horrible heartburn now. Don't know if the baby has shifted or if my digestion is just really bad.
Have you tried any Gripe Water or Tum-ease? It is just ginger and fennel extracts.


Pat

I have a blog.
WuWei is offline  
#392 of 414 Old 01-21-2009, 12:30 AM
 
lil_miss_understood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 10,597
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolansmum View Post
I cannot wait until my appt Feb 2nd! I am having horrible heartburn now. Don't know if the baby has shifted or if my digestion is just really bad.
I *thought* you were in my DDC!
I hope your appointment goes well. I'm really looking forward to mine next week as well.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
lil_miss_understood is offline  
#393 of 414 Old 01-21-2009, 12:38 AM
 
Punchy Kaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Here there and everywhere
Posts: 1,794
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Have you tried any Gripe Water or Tum-ease? It is just ginger and fennel extracts.


Pat
Not yet, I could try them. I have fresh ginger and fennel seeds, could I make my own infusion?

I feel like my esophagus is not holding the food down (relaxin). Even when I am upright I feel it backing up. I had it under control and then 3 days ago it got really bad all of a sudden. It is so bad, I have cut way down in the amount of food I eat. I even hate the thought of drinking water between meals. I woke up at 4 am last night starving and I didn't want to eat because the heartburn already hurt. After 1 hr I went down to get a snack (bone broth and a bit of bread) and there was no way I was lying down again.

Maybe a chiropractic adjustment would shift things around and give my stomach more room?

We create our own reality.
Punchy Kaby is offline  
#394 of 414 Old 01-21-2009, 12:47 AM
 
Punchy Kaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Here there and everywhere
Posts: 1,794
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
I *thought* you were in my DDC!
I hope your appointment goes well. I'm really looking forward to mine next week as well.
Yes, due beginning of May, late April. I prefer to have a May mindset to ward off going crazy the last week or two. Hope your appt goes well. how is your morning sickness?

We create our own reality.
Punchy Kaby is offline  
#395 of 414 Old 01-21-2009, 12:57 AM - Thread Starter
 
mama_mich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Want to chime in about antidotes/ interruptions of constitutional (or acute) homeopathic remedies with mint, coffee, electric blankets, peppermint shampoo, marijuana, etc?

And another one, would you advise purchasing the kit of 50 'most common' or 100 'most common' homeopathic remedies for the budding self-proscriber. http://www.homeopathyworks.com/jshop...n.php?xSec=104

3) Do you believe there are any diseases which can/can not be cured with homeopathy?


Thanks,
Pat
ok I'm confused again. The self prescriber would not have taken a constitutional right? If they had and it was right they wouldn't need to self prescribe. Or how would you know how to self prescribe and not antidote the constitutional?

BTW still haven't had the chance to discuss my ?'s with my CH. My one uber important question.... So I am supposed to "visit" strep and do nothing? I am supposed to have the itchy-est raw noni from yeast and BV and do nothing? Just deal with it until the remedy takes care of it? Ok so that's more than one!
mama_mich is offline  
#396 of 414 Old 01-21-2009, 01:01 AM
 
WuWei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the moment
Posts: 11,492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolansmum View Post
Not yet, I could try them. I have fresh ginger and fennel seeds, could I make my own infusion?

<snip>

Maybe a chiropractic adjustment would shift things around and give my stomach more room?
Apparently, "too much" ginger could be an issue when pregnant. So, I'd just do the little bit in the baby dose of Gripe Water, personally.

YES! the chiro could help!!

Pat

I have a blog.
WuWei is offline  
#397 of 414 Old 01-21-2009, 01:02 AM - Thread Starter
 
mama_mich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolansmum View Post
Not yet, I could try them. I have fresh ginger and fennel seeds, could I make my own infusion?

I feel like my esophagus is not holding the food down (relaxin). Even when I am upright I feel it backing up. I had it under control and then 3 days ago it got really bad all of a sudden. It is so bad, I have cut way down in the amount of food I eat. I even hate the thought of drinking water between meals. I woke up at 4 am last night starving and I didn't want to eat because the heartburn already hurt. After 1 hr I went down to get a snack (bone broth and a bit of bread) and there was no way I was lying down again.

Maybe a chiropractic adjustment would shift things around and give my stomach more room?
Every one was very sick of hearing me say how sick of throwing up in my mouth I was. I used papaya enzyme. I don't know if its an antidote or not as far as homeopathy goes but it works like a charm. I know they make 2 kinds...the plain one safe for pregnancy.
mama_mich is offline  
#398 of 414 Old 01-21-2009, 01:03 AM
 
lil_miss_understood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 10,597
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolansmum View Post
Yes, due beginning of May, late April. I prefer to have a May mindset to ward off going crazy the last week or two. Hope your appt goes well. how is your morning sickness?
I started taking Ipecac Sunday morning (although I spent several days in the hospital for rehydration prior to that) and it really helped. I had to take it twice that day because the symptoms returned later in the day. I didn't need to take it at all yesterday and I've only taken it once today.
Since starting it, I seem to be able to drink and eat mostly normally. Certain things still upset my stomach, but not nearly as bad as previously. Of course, all of this will be brought up with my ND when I see him next week.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
lil_miss_understood is offline  
#399 of 414 Old 01-21-2009, 01:04 AM
 
changingseasons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 8,802
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_mich View Post
ok I'm confused again. The self prescriber would not have taken a constitutional right? If they had and it was right they wouldn't need to self prescribe. Or how would you know how to self prescribe and not antidote the constitutional?

BTW still haven't had the chance to discuss my ?'s with my CH. My one uber important question.... So I am supposed to "visit" strep and do nothing? I am supposed to have the itchy-est raw noni from yeast and BV and do nothing? Just deal with it until the remedy takes care of it? Ok so that's more than one!
Still suffering with that?!? That sucks. I hope all the experts haven't jumped ship and come with some answers for you.

I have another question about constitutionals that you reminded me of. When you get a constitutional, is that the only remedy you ever take? for everything? Or do you still use other acute remedies? I'm a little confused about how the constitutional works I guess.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
changingseasons is offline  
#400 of 414 Old 01-21-2009, 01:08 AM
 
lil_miss_understood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 10,597
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
Still suffering with that?!? That sucks. I hope all the experts haven't jumped ship and come with some answers for you.

I have another question about constitutionals that you reminded me of. When you get a constitutional, is that the only remedy you ever take? for everything? Or do you still use other acute remedies? I'm a little confused about how the constitutional works I guess.
I believe PB or Gina answered this somewhere else, and I believe what they said was that you would first take your constitutional. IF that didn't work, you would then call your homeopath and let them know so that they could prescribe a different remedy.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
lil_miss_understood is offline  
#401 of 414 Old 01-21-2009, 01:15 AM
 
WuWei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the moment
Posts: 11,492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_mich View Post
ok I'm confused again. The self prescriber would not have taken a constitutional right? If they had and it was right they wouldn't need to self prescribe. Or how would you know how to self prescribe and not antidote the constitutional?

BTW still haven't had the chance to discuss my ?'s with my CH. My one uber important question.... So I am supposed to "visit" strep and do nothing? I am supposed to have the itchy-est raw noni from yeast and BV and do nothing? Just deal with it until the remedy takes care of it? Ok so that's more than one!
Well, occasionally, we need an acute remedy if we've antidoted and gotten sick. Happens when we fly across the country, for instance. So, then, if redosing my constitutional doesn't work/seem warranted, an acute remedy may be indicated. Additionally, sometimes our remedy 'picture' appears different overtime. More from our narrative, than from "mis-perscribing". Plus, I treat the cats homeopathically. Or for acute injuries, we use homeopathy, rather than allopathy.

I don't know the dose or prescribing protocol of your CH, some like a 200c, some give 30c, some LM, etc. The frequency of dosing is specific to the individual, the type of dosing, and the dose. Your remedy may be working, or it may have done what it can and need to be redosed, or may not be the best remedy. Your CH is the most effective at clarifying. I would absolutely call my CH and report significant changes of any unpleasant nature!

You should not be miserable on homeopathy! Sometimes, a remedy will address some variables, but the homeopathist may be unaware of underlying variables which were not evident or shared. So, the remedy may address SOME issues, and others are not addressed. That isn't the constitutional, from my understanding. But, CH are not all seeing, despite how amazing it seems!

So, I'd CALL!

Pat

I have a blog.
WuWei is offline  
#402 of 414 Old 01-21-2009, 01:23 AM - Thread Starter
 
mama_mich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I am giving an update on me because I am feeling goooood!!

I must have finally shifted that something huge!! As soon as I started bleeding Sunday I just felt better and better and better. Missing this thread I took a peek at the other one and something PB said over there Really hit me. As miserable as a couple of us were we must be grateful and go through those times with gratitude. Obviously I'm not quoting here! But what I took from that was to be grateful that I was going through that extremely horrible dreadful hard out of my comfort zone pushing me past my crap time. So even though I don't fully understand what I was going through (and will continue to go through) I embrace the experience with love and gratitude. I am healing instead of getting worse!! I will try to hold that high in my next healing crisis!

I am also really hoping that I am not just riding the wave of joy and inspiration that is today. I can not remember the last time I cried on and off all day TEARS OF JOY!! What a great day for Americans, the World, the Universe. My teacher had an interesting thing to teach right before solstice. He spoke of this gray area in the astral that was weighing humans down keeping us down keeping us in a fog, unclear, hopeless, faithless, fearful. He said most people are stuck in the gray and the world was hurting. I can't wait to get off of here and meditate. I can't wait to talk to my teacher!! I feel like one simple event has busted right through that and that's the inauguration of our 44th president!!!!::::::::j oy:
mama_mich is offline  
#403 of 414 Old 01-21-2009, 01:36 AM
 
Punchy Kaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Here there and everywhere
Posts: 1,794
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_mich View Post
Every one was very sick of hearing me say how sick of throwing up in my mouth I was. I used papaya enzyme. I don't know if its an antidote or not as far as homeopathy goes but it works like a charm. I know they make 2 kinds...the plain one safe for pregnancy.
I have tried eating fresh papaya with no luck. Enzymes stronger than fresh?


Glad you are feeling better!!!

We create our own reality.
Punchy Kaby is offline  
#404 of 414 Old 01-21-2009, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter
 
mama_mich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WuWei I have called so much its not even funny. Last we spoke it is apparent to me she needs me more as a friend than a patient!! From our discussions on it, it really would seem that she would have me ride out strep, ride out "crazy" episodes, and ride out the yeast and BV!! That's why I'm asking "in general" how other CH's would handle it.

CS- no yeast or BV right now!! I really don't want my period to end!! Strep was gone in about 3 days but I took the shot of penicillin and GSE. My CH yea I'm still suffering from that!! Not really. We spoke this week briefly and she is having a real go with everything. She actually said to me "I know you want to discuss your yeast and stuff but I could really use just hanging out and talking." I'm really ok with that. I'll be doing some spiritual healing on her and am happy to be able to help!
mama_mich is offline  
#405 of 414 Old 01-21-2009, 01:37 AM - Thread Starter
 
mama_mich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nolansmum-yes different!! And a charm!!
mama_mich is offline  
#406 of 414 Old 01-21-2009, 10:15 AM
 
Panserbjorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Great North
Posts: 12,080
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_mich View Post
WuWei I have called so much its not even funny. Last we spoke it is apparent to me she needs me more as a friend than a patient!! From our discussions on it, it really would seem that she would have me ride out strep, ride out "crazy" episodes, and ride out the yeast and BV!! That's why I'm asking "in general" how other CH's would handle it.

CS- no yeast or BV right now!! I really don't want my period to end!! Strep was gone in about 3 days but I took the shot of penicillin and GSE. My CH yea I'm still suffering from that!! Not really. We spoke this week briefly and she is having a real go with everything. She actually said to me "I know you want to discuss your yeast and stuff but I could really use just hanging out and talking." I'm really ok with that. I'll be doing some spiritual healing on her and am happy to be able to help!
If it's not her, be sure to journal this so you can talk to your NEXT homeopath about it. There are some major remedies with keynotes of "better for flow." Silly as it may seem it can be very important information that you feel much better for bleeding.
Panserbjorne is offline  
#407 of 414 Old 01-21-2009, 10:20 AM
 
Panserbjorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Great North
Posts: 12,080
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
You should not be miserable on homeopathy! Sometimes, a remedy will address some variables, but the homeopathist may be unaware of underlying variables which were not evident or shared. So, the remedy may address SOME issues, and others are not addressed. That isn't the constitutional, from my understanding. But, CH are not all seeing, despite how amazing it seems!

So, I'd CALL!

Pat
100% agree (though I understand you have tried.) You are at least a month out from taking that remedy. Noone should be in this space if it was the correct remedy in the right potency. I can buy a few days of worse before better. Things DO come up. But in my (nonprofessional) opinion it is way past time to re-evaluate.

Some remedies take longer to act than other...but in those cases you don't get consistently worse. You just may not get better off the bat. Even then you do see indications right off that things are shifting....you just don't get the full *benefit* right away.
Panserbjorne is offline  
#408 of 414 Old 01-21-2009, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter
 
mama_mich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok well surprise surprise.... I was canceled on again. It hurts and effects me deeply. I don't think we can be friends either! So the search is on!!! I guess since she won't let me speak to her I will have to just put it in writing why I can no longer have her treating myself and ds?
mama_mich is offline  
#409 of 414 Old 01-21-2009, 06:34 PM
 
changingseasons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 8,802
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_mich View Post
ok well surprise surprise.... I was canceled on again. It hurts and effects me deeply. I don't think we can be friends either! So the search is on!!! I guess since she won't let me speak to her I will have to just put it in writing why I can no longer have her treating myself and ds?
Oh man...

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
changingseasons is offline  
#410 of 414 Old 01-22-2009, 11:34 AM
 
WuWei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the moment
Posts: 11,492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, our local holistic group presentation was about EFT, last night. And one of the thoughts that we worked on was "not enough time to do everything". And PRIORITIZATION and balance. Well, between that and I took my remedy two days ago, I'm going to take a 89 day sabbatical to prioritize the household "stuff".

I'll focus on a few of my subscribed threads today and tomorrow. And if anyone wants anything, please feel free to contact me at wuweimama@earthlink.net I'd love to hear your updates from time to time. And don't let the craziness send you over the edge here.

The focus was "Where do I want to spend my energy?" And my family really needs more of mine.

Fondly, Pat

I have a blog.
WuWei is offline  
#411 of 414 Old 01-22-2009, 12:04 PM
 
highlandmum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SE OH
Posts: 629
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Subbing so I can read later!

me, dd1, dd2, ds, and #4 due March 1. dbf has 2 of his own, so it will be an adventure!

i like making things. 

highlandmum is offline  
#412 of 414 Old 01-22-2009, 01:54 PM
 
changingseasons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 8,802
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Well, our local holistic group presentation was about EFT, last night. And one of the thoughts that we worked on was "not enough time to do everything". And PRIORITIZATION and balance. Well, between that and I took my remedy two days ago, I'm going to take a 89 day sabbatical to prioritize the household "stuff".

I'll focus on a few of my subscribed threads today and tomorrow. And if anyone wants anything, please feel free to contact me at wuweimama@earthlink.net I'd love to hear your updates from time to time. And don't let the craziness send you over the edge here.

The focus was "Where do I want to spend my energy?" And my family really needs more of mine.

Fondly, Pat
Have fun prioritizing. I really need to do the same... one of these days I'll work up the motivation to pull myself away from the computer too.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
changingseasons is offline  
#413 of 414 Old 01-22-2009, 07:51 PM
 
FireWithin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Boston area
Posts: 3,340
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We will miss you. Enjoy your family and home.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
FireWithin is offline  
#414 of 414 Old 06-07-2009, 06:16 PM
 
WuWei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the moment
Posts: 11,492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How are you ladies doing?


Pat

I have a blog.
WuWei is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off